Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other that the Hayfield hotel

Options
  • 06-09-2018 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭

Any suggestions for a very good hotel other than the Hayfield manor hotel.

It has to be reasonable central as its only for two days and want to do the usual touristy things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Harika

mariaalice wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a very good hotel other than the Hayfield manor hotel.

It has to be reasonable central as its only for two days and want to do the usual touristy things.

Clarion or Kingsley

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

Metropole,Imperial,Jurys Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭coleen

I have stayed in the Meterpole the Imperial and the Clarion and all three are very good. Nice and central parking for the Imperial is a 5 min walk away with a charge and for the Meterpole it is also a charge and a few minutes walk.
    In the Clarion it is under the hotel and I cannot remember if they charged or not.
    We got a very good deal in the Meterpole last year 2 night with the dinner and the dinner was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The River Lee hotel on Western road is a good base, newly refurbished, and the breakfast overlooking the river from the outdoor platform is very nice. 
    Clarion. Very central, modern hotel
    Imperial. Old school luxury, nice. 
    I'm not a fan of the metropole personally, find it a bit dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Hayfield would be at least a class above the other hotels mentioned here. It's not exactly that far out of the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 trik

Imperial is nice, so is the River Lee.

My advice is to avoid the Clarion. There's a homeless shelter behind it and some people I know that have stayed there and said that the noise during the night from junkies screaming outside their windows prevented them from sleeping, and that they didn't feel safe walking to the hotel after being out from dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

The River Lee Hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hayfield would be at least a class above the other hotels mentioned here.  It's not exactly that far out of the way.
    The OP specified NOT Hayfield manor.

trik wrote: »
    My advice is to avoid the Clarion. ......... and that they didn't feel safe walking to the hotel after being out from dinner.

I'm no shrinking violet but I can see their point, the pedestrian routes from the city centre to the Clarion are less than ideal. There's next to no risk but I'd be slow to recommend the Clarion to anyone who wasn't streetwise / totally not bothered by vulnerable members of our society.

The streets in the vicinity don't show Cork City at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Clayton (formerly Clarion) is very central. My other two choices when I come home are the Kingsley (a little further out but very very comfortable rooms) and the Montenotte (very stylish since it’s renovation). The River Lee is also very comfortable, but I find it hard to get a good rate there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Booked the Imperial a 2-night package that includes dinner lunch and a ticket on an open top bus tour of cork, I was going boggled eyed looking at hotel websites some of which are dreadful they should demand their money back from whoever designed the website, some wouldn't let you book form their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

mariaalice wrote: »
    Booked the Imperial a 2-night package that includes dinner lunch and a ticket on an open top bus tour of cork, I was going boggled eyed looking at hotel websites some of which are dreadful they should demand their money back from whoever designed the website, some wouldn't let you book form their website.

Enjoy!The imperial is old school luxury.A very classy historical hotel.Where the Hayfield manor is actually only there 20 odd years.

Advertisement