Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican Restaurant (family friendly)

Options
  • 06-09-2018 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

Are there any family friendly Mexican restaurants in South County Dublin or any in town for that matter?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

frash wrote: »
    Are there any family friendly Mexican restaurants in South County Dublin or any in town for that matter?

Thanks

I brought the kids to Acapulco on South Great George's St in town recently, they all enjoyed it. I can't think of one out this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭raxy

There's a Mexican in dundrum center.
    I've been there twice. The first time it was really nice, the 2nd it was terrible.
    The food was pretty tasteless & portion was measly. When i complained i was told the owner approves all dishes before they come out so she thought it was good enough. It was Valentine's w/e so it was jammed so maybe it was because of that.
    I ordered the same meal because it was so nice the first time I'd been there. I haven't been back since though

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Cactus Jacks is good, it is Millenium Walk off Middle Abbey Street. The Jervis luas stop is 1 min from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Korrayls

Nothing beats El Grito in Temple Bar - no real seating area but it really is authentic as it gets. recommend tacos pastor.

Korrayls wrote: »
    Nothing beats El Grito in Temple Bar - no real seating area but it really is authentic as it gets. recommend tacos pastor.

brilliant spot alright, but not really suitable for a family meal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Just bumping up my own thread here to say we tried a new Mexican in Dun Laoghaire last night for one of the kids' birthdays (she requested Mexican again this year for her birthday dinner).

Madhouse at the bottom on York Rd

Hopefully it lasts longer than more restaurants in Dun Laoghaire.
    We had nachos, wings, fajitas, enchiladas, quesadillas & tacos - all were very good.

good to hear, looking forward to trying it.

El Grito has moved from Temple Bar to Mountjoy Sq. A bit out of the way, but well worth the visit. Salsa in Mayor Sq (IFSC) is another town favourite.

Advertisement