Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Visa scam

• 06-09-2018 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Just received a call from AIB Visa about my a/c, about buying mobile phone, for €800 and €1200 and €200 for something else, I just hung up, the number he rang from said unavailable, needless to say, I don't have that Kind of money in my a/c and I would definitely not be buying those things, Beware

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

You should ring your real AIB Visa account and check the last few transactions, just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thinkingahead

I'm just doing that now, just in case, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Also take note that sometimes when they call you and you hang up they will remain on the line and pretend to be your bank when you try to call (think this staying on the line only keeps the call active on a landline).

Advertisement