Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for a Water Pressure Pump

• 06-09-2018 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭

I'm planning to buy a water pressure pump for my house. It'll be connected with 2 mixer showers. 1 is a standard shower head and the other is a dual rainforest shower. I know some pumps can be very loud (and that some of the noise can be reduced by the way its installed). So I'm looking for recommendations for a pump that is good quality, produces a powerful flow of water and if possible not too loud! Any have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Is this part of a new project, or retro fitting into an existing system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Bugatti

It's a new build (well almost completed). The necessary pipework is in place going from the bathroom and en-suite to the hotpress. But I have yet to purchase the 2 showers.

It really depends on how your system is being set up by the plumber, is the entire plumbing system pressurised from a single pump?
    You will need to ask you plumber do you require a twin impeller pump, or a single feed pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭Bugatti

No, the entire system won't be pressurised from the pump. The pump I want will only be supplying the 2 showers. Everything else is just feeding off the standard system. The house is part of a development but the contractors don't install pressure pumps. I wanted mixer showers and a pump so I got them to add the extra pipes to allow me to do this. Once the house is handed over I'll be getting the pump myself and getting a different plumber in to fit the pump and showers.

The rain fall shower is going to require a lot of water to be any way effective, otherwise it will be no better than a decent ordinary shower head.
    Stuart Turner would be my first choice, with preference towards 3 bar on account of the rain fall head.
    You should also ensure the size of the cold water storage and the hot water cylinder will be able to cater for demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭John.G

Bugatti wrote: »
    No, the entire system won't be pressurised from the pump. The pump I want will only be supplying the 2 showers. Everything else is just feeding off the standard system. The house is part of a development but the contractors don't install pressure pumps. I wanted mixer showers and a pump so I got them to add the extra pipes to allow me to do this. Once the house is handed over I'll be getting the pump myself and getting a different plumber in to fit the pump and showers.

Running 1 shower only, the 3 Bar Pump will give 20 LPM (10 LPM from each end) at 2.5 Bar Pump pressure, the 4 Bar Pump will give that flow rate at3.5Bar.
    Running both showers together, the 3 Bar Pump will give 40 LPM (20 LPM from each end) at 2.0 Bar Pump pressure, the 4 Bar Pump will give that flow rate at 2.8 Bar.
    Looking at that, the 3 Bar Pump would probably meet your requirements, as suggested above. I certainly wouldn't advise going for a lower head pump.

http://www.stuart-turner.co.uk/media/3939-Performance-Monsoon-Standard-Twins.pdf

Advertisement