Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marino fund for teachers

Options
  • 06-09-2018 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Has anybody received payment for this yet? I received last year's payment in August but nothing so far this year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Has anybody received payment for this yet? I received last year's payment in August but nothing so far this year

I am starting a masters this year. Can you give me any info on this scheme please, I have just heard it mentioned in school before .
    Also out of interest, did you apply to your BOM for any funding towards your fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

No nothing yet, very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

I am starting a masters this year. Can you give me any info on this scheme please, I have just heard it mentioned in school before .
    Also out of interest, did you apply to your BOM for any funding towards your fees?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057417088/1/#post95162567

Info from last three years here. You won't be applying until February 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Aibhif

I applied this year also.....think I remember my confirmation email mentioning September as being expected month of payment....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Aibhif wrote: »
    I applied this year also.....think I remember my confirmation email mentioning September as being expected month of payment....

Yes, they definitely said this year that they *hoped* to inform applicants by the end of September, rather than in the usual August.
    We acknowledge the receipt of your application for the 2016/17 teacher fee refund scheme. We endeavour to process the applications as quickly as possible but it will take a number of months. We hope to notify you on the outcome of your application by the end of September 2018. Your patience is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

This just arrived in an email today:
    A Chara,

We are pleased to inform you that the process for the 2016/2017 Teacher Fee Refund Scheme is now completed and that your application for a grant toward Course and Examination fees has been approved.

The number of applicants to this year’s scheme was 1239, of which 1168 were approved for grant purposes. The approved grant applications came to €3,497,439 and the budget for disposal is €498,000. As a result each successful applicant will receive 14.24% of their fees less tax relief and any other subsidies if applicable.

A refund will issue to your chosen bank account week ending 28th September 2018 with reference RFS1617MIE. Please do not contact us requesting the exact amount.

We appreciated your patience this year as the process took longer than we envisioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

gaiscioch wrote: »
    This just arrived in an email today:

Same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Got paid today ... (it is not a lot)

Advertisement