Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete slab to get into drive way

Options
  • 06-09-2018 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

My driveway does not have a dipped kerb and I have noticed some people have these concrete slab things outside to get into their drive way. Does anyone know what they are called or where to get one?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi,

My driveway does not have a dipped kerb and I have noticed some people have these concrete slab things outside to get into their drive way. Does anyone know what they are called or where to get one?

Thanks!

B&q , woodies etc. The issue is if someone trips on them. You are liable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP are you sure you have planning permission for your driveway?

No dropped curve suggests that someone added the drive after the house was built and after the road was put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We asked DCC to do a dropped path years ago which they did without issue.
    There was supposed to be s charge but they never followed up about it.
    Granted things might have changed since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Notsureofname

The house was built 6 years ago (it was the neighbours garden and he sold the land)only bought the house a month ago, not sure why the previous owners never had a dropped path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

If this is the public footpath you are talking about, I'd be very wary of interfering with it. Talk to the local authority instead.
    To answer the question, people don't buy those slabs; they put wet concrete up against the kerb and leave it to set. Not sure if anyone still does it though. Back in the day, you could get away with things like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement