Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Savings Account - Standing Order / Direct Debit Error

Options
  • 06-09-2018 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, 

I began a Mortgage Savings account a couple weeks ago. I had no confirmation that it was set up, so I called BOI yesterday. BOI confirmed it was set up, but that no direct debit had been scheduled - I questioned this as when I applied online it asked me what date/amount I would like monthly. 

The BOI staff told me to set up a Standing Order into the account - so I did. 

The Standing Order activated this morning, transferring the amount from my current account to the Mortgage Savings account. 

However, shortly after, I got a text from BOI to say that I had a Direct Debit due today to the savings account and that I had insufficient funds in my current account for it. 

I called BOI again - the staff told me that the Standing Order went through and that a Direct Debit was due today. I told him that the staff yesterday told me there was no Direct Debit set up, and that a Standing Order was needed. He advised I cancel future Standing Orders into this account, let the Direct Debit bounce today, and then let the Direct Debit run next month as normal. 

So the money is in my Savings account as planned, but another Direct Debit is expected to go today again - but I won't have sufficient funds for it. 

However - I'm now concerned about a few things; 

1. I will be charged €12 for unpaid fees - but this was hardly my fault?
    2. This will affect my Credit Score? 
    3. Will the Direct Debit make any other attempts throughout the month? I don't want this to happen as the funds were already transferred via Standing Order! 

Thanks, 

Laura. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thank you Laura for reaching out to us here on Boards.

Would it be okay if we sent you a private message to look into this for you?

We apologise and are disappointed to hear of your recent experience. We're also sorry to hear the initial advice given to set up a standing order to this account type as it's incorrect.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LauraSmith1993

Thank you Laura for reaching out to us here on Boards.

Would it be okay if we sent you a private message to look into this for you?

We apologise and are disappointed to hear of your recent experience. We're also sorry to hear the initial advice given to set up a standing order to this account type as it's incorrect.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Hi Alison, 

That would be appreciated, thank you. 

Laura. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Laura,

Thanks for reaching out to us here for help. I have just sent you a PM.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement