Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lockers in work

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what other options do you have for cyclists?
    e.g. in our workplace, we have lockers which are probably 40cm tall each - but we have a drying room with racks and hangers, which would obviously reduce the amount of storage needed in the lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

We have two lockers each. One for clean clothes and one for cycling gear. There is a bench in front to sit on. The locker door opens just above bench level but the locker extends down to floor behind bench. There are two shelves approx 20cm high in each locker at head height for helmet, gloves etc

Separate drying room which is fantastic for wet days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭plodder

A heated drying room with enough hanging space is more useful for cyclists than lockers imo. Even in dry weather, I'd prefer to have the gear in a well ventilated space. Some open storage is useful as well for helmets, shoes and stuff like that. Or else those items can go under your desk maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭homer911

^^^ What he said. I'm currently drying socks and gloves over the side of my desk partition!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I'm lucky in that we moved to a new building last year which has built in wooden lockers, loads of showers and a drying room. as others have said a drying room (if feasible) is a brilliant addition. I still use my locker daily though as I leave most of my work clothes in the office overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

We have head-high lockers and to be honest they're too big. Half the size plus a drying area, as mentioned above, would be far better I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I've commandeered the coatstand.... across the aisle .... beside a different team....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

hesker wrote: »
    We have two lockers each. One for clean clothes and one for cycling gear. There is a bench in front to sit on. The locker door opens just above bench level but the locker extends down to floor behind bench. There are two shelves approx 20cm high in each locker at head height for helmet, gloves etc

Separate drying room which is fantastic for wet days.
    Gis a job. Any job. I can do that. Gis a job.

For the younger ones in the audience - iconic BBC drama from the 80s

Advertisement