Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta 2018 Stage 12 : Mondoñedo - Faro de Estaca de Bares

Options
  • 06-09-2018 12:09pm

Coverage from 13:30 today.

dmwmqp1wwaa_qge_670.jpg

18 man break 3 minutes up the road.

The 18 riders in the break are: Alexandre Geniez (AG2R-La Mondiale), Vincenzo Nibali, Mark Padun (Bahrain-Merida), Dylan Teuns (BMC Racing Team), Davide Formolo (Bora-Hansgrohe), Victor Campenaerts, Thomas De Gendt (Lotto Soudal), Dries Devenyns (Quick-Step Floors), Amanuel Gebregziabher (Dimenstion Data), Tiago Machado (Katusha Alpecin), Dylan Van Baarle (Team Sky), Gianluca Brambilla (Trek-Segafredo), Valerio Conti (UAE Team Emirates), Pablo Torres (Burgos-BH), Jonathan Lastra, Lluis Mas (Caja Rural-Seguros RGA), Jesus Herrada (Cofidis) and Mikel Bizkarra (Euskadi-Murias

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Vivianni unless they make a mess of it like when they lost him at the roundabout a couple of stages back, he's got 2 more gears than the rest of them at the moment, and Sagan is way off his best. Can't see Quikstep allowing the break to get this.

Although turning it on 10 mins with 76km to go is a decent, if closable, gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

The breakaway has this ....and probably every stage except next Thursday I think

Neither OS or Movistar will chase ...they are playing bluff...and are Lotto NLJ

Valverde was critical of Mitchelton Scott yesterday not working but to be fair it sounded like they covered all the early attacks in the first 100km. Today? Yeah their not working to pull the break back and Movistar are once bitten I think :D

Herrada has a good shout here for the red jersey today.

• Advertisement

Herrada has a good shout here for the red jersey today.

I think its guaranteed at this point he's only 4 mins odd down and 9 minutes to the good with 7km to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Painful looking post-finish line crash there. The glasses going flying will make for a great gif!

buffalo wrote: »
    Painful looking post-finish line crash there. The glasses going flying will make for a great gif!

I was just going to say the same, shoulder to the head glasses flying then run over by van Baarle who went over his handle bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

So Maybe break wont make it tomorrow if Confidis chase

But thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just watched the highlights and definitely agree with David Millar's tweet. If it had come down to a big bunch sprint then there would have been abosulte chaos.

Yeah as he said that official likely did that run every day and given the circumstances there had nowhere to go. I'd have felt nervousness on my own riding down hill among those barriers in certain places towards the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Good to see Cofidis earning their place in a Grand Tour... Herrada in the lead, Mate in KOM jersey and Bohanni with a stage win

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Good to see Cofidis earning their place in a Grand Tour... Herrada in the lead, Mate in KOM jersey and Bohanni with a stage win

bouhannis gome home now

Advertisement