Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfortable compact chair

Options
  • 06-09-2018 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I have been using my pc for nearly 6 months now using a cheap folding chair I got with a desk from Argos. Chair would be fine for short usage, but for any gaming sessions even an hour or so in length, leaves my back feeling it.

My PC is in a fairly narrow space so I have been having difficulty getting my head around if there any reasonable narrow but still comfortable office/gaming chairs that could be recommended.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Id recommends going with something like this its a little more expensive. But man these chairs spoil you so comfy. the one below looks a little more slim lines but equally as comfortable.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noblechairs-icon-gaming-chair-black-gold-gc-00r-nc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I use a Markus chair from IKEA. It's comfortable, and costs less than a gaming chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I recommend going to Ikea & trying out as many chairs as you can.

I.e. the LÅNGFJÄLL looks like a good compact option, but I've never sat in one so can't tell you how comfy it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

JoyPad wrote: »
    I use a Markus chair from IKEA. It's comfortable, and costs less than a gaming chair.

The Markus is an excellent chair. I own one and use it preferentially to my aeron chair. Good recommendation. Be aware they're not that narrow a seat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I.e. the LGFJL looks like a good compact option, but I've never sat in one so can't tell you how comfy it is.

Yup, this is what I have and can confirm it's v comfy! Simple to put together, and can lock the back or let it recline.

I love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Another +1 for the noble chair.
    Best money I ever spent on my pc.
    I'm actually getting another one for my workplace as I'm sitting down for 3x12 hour shifts and find the lack of neck support pretty dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

KingJamsie wrote: »

NO...CHRIST NO!!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I.e. the LÅNGFJÄLL looks like a good compact option, but I've never sat in one so can't tell you how comfy it is.
    L wrote: »
    The Markus is an excellent chair. I own one and use it preferentially to my aeron chair. Good recommendation. Be aware they're not that narrow a seat though.
    Shlippery wrote: »
    Yup, this is what I have and can confirm it's v comfy! Simple to put together, and can lock the back or let it recline.

I love it.

lads noble chairs are so god damm comfy I had an IKEA chair to guess what its like a school chair to the noble ones

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

JoyPad wrote: »

I have one of these as well, it is a bit worn now but had it for many many years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If you're spending that kind of money, **** all of those gaming chairs, and grab a second-hand Herman Miller Aeron.

Far, far more comfy than all those racing chairs. Aeron doesn't look as cool in a photo, but 10 times nicer to sit in for hours at time. You can pick them up for €250-300 second-hand from office supply places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Serephucus wrote: »
    If you're spending that kind of money, **** all of those gaming chairs, and grab a second-hand Herman Miller Aeron.

Far, far more comfy than all those racing chairs. Aeron doesn't look as cool in a photo, but 10 times nicer to sit in for hours at time. You can pick them up for €250-300 second-hand from office supply places.

Yup, would definitely agree there. We have these in the office at work and they're fantastic! So many configurations!! Didn't think they'd be affordable for home use (well certainly not new anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I've a Herman Miller Mira 2 in the current office.
    It's alright, but I'm not sure it's 2x better than my Argos Dexter

I have a GT Omega Racing chair. Really well made and comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I ended up getting heading in to my local furniture shop and got a display model office chair they had. It's like having a new PC, I have spent more time at my PC in the last week than I had in the previous 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I have a GT Omega Racing chair. Really well made and comfortable.

Picked one of the GT Omega's up a few years back and its still going strong to this day. I highly recommend for both comfort and wear and tear.

Advertisement