Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Direct Debit

Options
  • 06-09-2018 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Hi Eir,

I need to change the direct debit account currently used to pay my Eir telephone account.

Rang your customer care who advised that they would cancel the current Direct Debit and I was to ring back tomorrow to give them the new IBAN etc details.

Can you confirm this is the process used to change direct debit payments, I don't want any problems when the next bill issues if at all possible

Thank you, 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

our
    BArra wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

I need to change the direct debit account currently used to pay my Eir telephone account.

Rang your customer care who advised that they would cancel the current Direct Debit and I was to ring back tomorrow to give them the new IBAN etc details.

Can you confirm this is the process used to change direct debit payments, I don't want any problems when the next bill issues if at all possible

Thank you, 
    Hi there BArra

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here.

We have a couple of different ways which you can change this and more than welcome to have a look at here

You will see that you can call in, go on "my eir" or send a letter by simply downloading the mandate form here

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

ok thanks, I have gone onto my eir and added the new direct debit account, received an email saying this would be processed within the next few days and that a letter would be sent

hopefully this is straight forward and works out fine, if not I will be back!

thank you again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

ok thanks, I have gone onto my eir and added the new direct debit account, received an email saying this would be processed within the next few days and that a letter would be sent

thank you again[/quoye

Glad to hear you got sorted and yes if youdo need further assistance please let us know.

Thanks,

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »

thank you again[/quoye

Glad to hear you got sorted and yes if youdo need further assistance please let us know.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Eir,

I processed the change of direct debit details via my eir one week ago, the email states the change will be processed in a couple of days and a letter will be sent to my address to confirm the change

No letter has been received, so I am wondering how long this process takes, I want it confirmed that the DD has changed so that no issue will occur next month when the next payment is due, as it will fail payment if its stuck on the existing DD

thank you

Hi Eir

Still no letter has arrived to confirm the DD change, below is the automated email received on 6th September.

I need confirmation that the DD has changed, as its looking like this is going to be a headache when the next bill comes due and you try to take it from the now cancelled old DD.

Dear xxxxxx,
    We have received your new direct debit details.
    We will process these within the next few days and send you a letter confirming when they're changed.

Many thanks,
    eir

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Eir

Still no letter has arrived to confirm the DD change, below is the automated email received on 6th September.

I need confirmation that the DD has changed, as its looking like this is going to be a headache when the next bill comes due and you try to take it from the now cancelled old DD.

Dear xxxxxx,
    We have received your new direct debit details.
    We will process these within the next few days and send you a letter confirming when they're changed.

Many thanks,
    eir
    Hi BArra, 

I'm sorry to hear that you have still not received this letter. 

Our customer care team on 1901 will be able to assist you with this and arrange the letter to be sent out again if needed. 

Apologies for the delays.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement