Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue connecting 2 modems together

• 06-09-2018 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

First off I know it's stupid way to set up a network but still would like to know why?

I posted this in the android forum but got no idea.

set up a eircom d1000 to use as a bridge (set ppoe pass through to on). I have it connected to a sky q modem through a home plug.

Some android apps on our phones has stopped getting connected to the Internet. Some are fine like chrome (I'm typing this message on the phone), Facebook and messenger and Google drive (this on allows you to browse your directories but not load files. My sons phone works fine(android too) and We have two laptops connected and working fine.

When I switch off the d1000 all apps work fine.

I have restarted the phone to flush dns and checked and changed the broadcast channel so the two channels are different.

Connecting to the d1000 on the android phone is the same, certain apps work and laptops work so I'm thinking it's a phone issue (Huawei al100 running android 6.0, snapdragon 617, 3gb ram).

Any help sorting this out would be great.

Thanks in advance

Omega

Advertisement