Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI- half price kids offer finishing

• 06-09-2018 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up that has gotten very little publicity but VHI's offer from the past few years of kids on your policy at half price finishes on 1/10/18 on all their policies.
    From what I can make out it's now just around the 25% mark for the 1st 3 kids at least.

So much for their marketing all year about health insurance having come down

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

It's never been a year round offer, they put it on and off at certain times of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭orthsquel

Half price kids offer was only on selected plans, and runs for a short while They had on certain plans up until March 2018, ended the offer on some plans and added it to other plan ranges instead.

Have a trawl through the HIA News Archive for March 2018 https://www.hia.ie/news/vhi-healthcare-price-and-benefit-changes-01032018-02032018

The current notice is for changes to benefits and ending of the half price kids on certain plans from 1st October https://www.hia.ie/news/vhi-healthcare-price-and-benefit-changes-01102018

Notices are published on the HIA website 30 days in advance of plan changes from all providers from the date of change, so that notice would have only been up since 1st Sept.

Worth noting the premium increase for Laya from 1st October on a couple of plans. They are probably plans that decreased in price in the last 12-24 months.

In general premiums are coming down or staying the same as last year. One can only hope if there's good news in the budget around Health they might cut the Government Levy which has been increased year on year in recession and increase the tax relief that was cut during recession (I won't be holding my breath though!!)

Advertisement