Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye of the Beholder series - Games were better in the olden days...

• 06-09-2018 4:41pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I used to play Eye of the Beholder on my first PC for over 20 years ago; I went and bought the trilogy a month ago on GOG at half price at the time and honestly it is still damn good. Yes the graphic is "bad" but playing a game that has no qualms about killing you, tricking you and no auto map etc. is simply such a relief. There's no attempt to go all graphics over story; it's no attempt to be the biggest sand box with the largest map with endless fetch quests as you're contained to labyrinth at all times or end up being a God slayer.

So if you like a good old dungeon crawl using D&D gen 2 rules and don't mind running around frantically looking for a cure poison potion due to the **** of a spider who poisoned your fighter; you should consider trying it out. It's cheap and you can move your party you started in EoB1 all the way through to the end of EoB3. Each game has about 15h of game play for a first run and you get a the full cheat sheet with maps etc. in a pdf if you find it to difficult to map it yourself or get stuck (the game includes things such as invisible teleporters, turning you around on the spot without warning if you don't keep an eye on the compass direction etc.). If you want a game without the need to build your bases, make friends with 1203497 factions and do a gazillion fetch quests. It does have some very good puzzles for you to solve, it gives you hint (and you need the right race to read them) on what's to come, don't need to collect a new better weapon every 5 minutes and simply want some good old fun I can't recommend the series enough; esp if you're an older D&D player who remembers how you used to create your own maps etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If Bard's Tale can get a remaster after 30 years, and a sequel out in two weeks, these would also be worthy of the same treatment.

Advertisement