Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the hosepipe ban finished in Kildare?

• 06-09-2018 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I desperately want to powerwash my car! Is the ban still active?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Hi all,

I desperately want to powerwash my car! Is the ban still active?

Cheers

yeah hosepipe ban still active in Kildare.
    Still in place until sept 30th
    https://www.water.ie/news/water-conservation-order-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

yeah hosepipe ban still active in Kildare.
    Still in place until sept 30th
    https://www.water.ie/news/water-conservation-order-/

Thanks for confirming that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,897 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Thanks for confirming that :(

just go to a car wash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Riskymove wrote: »
    just go to a car wash

Not an option as I always powerwash my own car, never use a car wash as they ruin the paintwork ;)

Not an option as I always powerwash my own car, never use a car wash as they ruin the paintwork ;)

Im the same but going to wash the car later anyways.
    Its been weeks (months?) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭D3V!L

We waited two months to wash our car. Its metallic white and the outside was a completely different colour to the inside door sills.

All the water was taken by bucket from the tap that we normally use. I'd swear there was more of the water on the ground than there normally is. Its a lot more wasteful than a direct hose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Some pressure washers can run with their hose connection thrown in a bucket, might want to see if yours can work like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

The irony is that you can pay someone to power wash your car for you. You just can't do it yourself!

Maybe you could team up with a neighbour and do each others car for €10.00 each. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The irony is that you can pay someone to power wash your car for you. You just can't do it yourself!

Maybe you could team up with a neighbour and do each others car for €10.00 each. ;-)

Any car wash built recently uses filtered rain water, not treated drinking water. And the hosepipe ban doesn't apply to business customers. Charging a neighbour doesn't make you a business

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

L1011 wrote: »
    Any car wash built recently uses filtered rain water, not treated drinking water. And the hosepipe ban doesn't apply to business customers. Charging a neighbour doesn't make you a business

I know, it just seems ironic that we can pay others to power wash our drives or cars but can't do it ourselves.

BTW, I agree that we need a hose pipe ban at the moment.

If only we had introduced a system of water rates whereby we could have invested in our infrastructure....

• Advertisement
Advertisement