Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wales Vs Rep. Of Ireland, 06 Sep 2018, 7:45pm KO. UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,841 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

alta stare wrote: »
    Some whinging here already. Plenty of teams have conceded early in games and recovered. Relax and cheer the team on ffs.

You can support while being critical where warranted. So far, it’s been warranted. It’s a match thread not ‘support Ireland’ thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Some whinging here already. Plenty of teams have conceded early in games and recovered. Relax and cheer the team on ffs.

Aye, but plenty of teams generally have "tactics" that aren't head down and hammer it as far away from you as you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Feck. We concede an early goal. Lawrence the scorer.

no one picking up Joe Allen ffs...

we just going for long ball each time.... Wales are putting the ball down on the ground and playing like Brazil Georgia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If we are going to lose, I hope we lose handsomely. First time I have EVER said this. But at least then we won't be left exposed to more excuses and passive aggressive responses by O'Neill when anyone dares question his "tactics".

We don't have the players but who we do have are going nowhere under Martin "coasting" O'Neill and his gopher Roy

We are sitting way too deep, giving them far too much space, time and possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wales discovering they are playing the Danish national team on Sunday just before kick off might have been a bad omen. Wales look dangerous on the ball we look ponderous only clipping balls forward with no rhyme or reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bale screamer makes it 2-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Cracking goal! This could be a slaughter :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,940 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

No one can be surprised. Our team, in terms of standard of players, has been on the slow downhill trend for 15 years.

This is the worst Irish team for a competitive in generations.

BUT I absolutely don't blame the players.

They always do their best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

World class from Ben Davies there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm still waving my scarf!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,938 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That's that

Going to be a long night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

This is going to a hammering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

2-0 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If we are going to lose, I hope we lose handsomely.

Looks like you'll get your wish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Lovely finish. Ireland offering nothing though.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

We're gonna get thumped

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

A bit like Robben you always wonder why the defender doesn't close down his left foot. Great strike though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Utter ****. Get Delaney and O' Neill/Keane away from any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Why are we playing our futsal team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ONeill is a victim of his own success results wise

this 3 at the back is not working... they spreading the ball wide and getting good results...

Walters may just jog off to the bench and have a round 2 with Keane.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

O'Neill apologists, back in your box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Even before they kicked off, we had two men on the left hand side ready to run forward for the big lump up from the centre back. Sure enough , kick off, ball played back to Duffy and he gets closed down, yet he tried to lump it anyway, but it gets blocked.
    Brain dead stuff straight from the off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Bale gets the ball on the right, I wonder what he'll try do here! Shocking defending tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Patww79 wrote: »
    Close the browser, raise up your scarf, and cheer away so. But your surely can't expect many to be positive watching this gowl.

If you dont like it turn it off whereas i will continue to support and cheer on my country with or without my scarf.

We all know we dont have the greatest players in the world, we all know we dont have a progressive manager but ffs ye all comment as if ye would do better out there. Can you remind me are you professional manager or player or did you ever even play the game??? Maybe you should apply for the job, you should have full support here.

Bales goal....what a cracker. That wasnt because you think we are **** tho. For what its worth I dont agree with MON staying on but he is so instead of giving out ill show support even during times like this.

• Advertisement

Wales are short passing it around easy peasy.... and it's not just their marquee players that are doing it..
    the same drivel will come from O'Neill... they aren't technical enough to pass it 10 yards

Why are we playing our futsal team?

question is ..................why aren't we.

Joking. I actually think that isn't as bad of a team as people think.

But that midfield of Wales (Allen, Bale and Ramsey) are on another level, experience wise

While the talent pool isn’t there, I think it’s clear that the resources we have ought to be showing more. The performances of late stink of stale, maybe time for not only an influx of fresh faces on the team sheet but calling the shots and making decisions too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If you dont like it turn it off whereas i will continue to support and cheer on my country with or without my scarf.

We all know we dont have the greatest players in the world, we all know we dont have a progressive manager but ffs ye all comment as if ye would do better out there. Can you remind me are you professional manager or player or did you ever even play the game??? Maybe you should apply for the job, you should have full support here.

Bales goal....what a cracker. That wasnt because you think we are **** tho. For what its worth I dont agree with MON staying on but he is so instead of giving out ill show support even during times like this.
    This is about the worst take in the history of takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I dont agree with MON staying on but he is so instead of giving out ill show support even during times like this.

That's your choice but people will still complain about him and rightfully so imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Who is suggesting they'd do better out there themselves or do better managing themselves? That's an absolutely ridiculous statement. Laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

And another pointless ball played aimlessly out of play. Bravo Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Patww79 wrote: »
    Who is suggesting they'd do better out there themselves? That's an absolutely ridiculous statement.

It's a sentiment that gets brought up fairly often that "if you can't do any better then you can't criticise them" it doesn't make any sense, it's like telling me that I can't tell when someone's bad at playing the guitar because I'm no better at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

this-is-fine.0.jpg

• Advertisement

unlucky from Christie there.. finally we didnt use the long ball and nearly got through

Newstalk Commentary just called Walters "Bale"........................oh, if only!

Then again, can Bale hold the ball up in the corner using his big arse at 90 minutes like Walters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Duffy very stupid there.

if Dundalk can put the ball down and pass the ball and get results in Europe with "poor" players then the Irish team can put the ball down and try also imo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The painful reality is our woes go deeper than the management. Bale's goal came from Hendrick attempting to play it on the deck and giving the ball away cheaply.

If/when MON and Roy go, we're still left with the problem of having a talent pool big in heart, but shockingly low in quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

CSF wrote: »
    This is about the worst take in the history of takes.

Bad enough for you to bother replying to it??? Thanks i feel honoured. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,940 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm not even watching the game. I don't have to. I know they are playing the same embarrassing caveman "football" we are use to.

I'm sparing myself. Trust me, it's easier.

mada999 wrote: »
    if Dundalk can put the ball down and pass the ball and get results in Europe with "poor" players then the Irish team can put the ball down and try also imo..

Kenny would puck the head off O'Neill, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The painful reality is our woes go deeper than the management. Bale's goal came from Hendrick attempting to play it on the deck and giving the ball away cheaply.

If/when MON and Roy go, we're still left with the problem of having a talent pool big in heart, but shockingly low in quality.

You don't think Hendrick misplacing a pass has anything to do with the coaching, and he's just naturally not a good passer? Plenty of teams better than us have a worse selection of players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

And yet amazingly Hendrick can pass the ball with Burnley.

We dominated possession and territory but nothing, no imagination or ingenuity and pours as fûck every time Wales get possession from midfield on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement