Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wales Vs Rep. Of Ireland, 06 Sep 2018, 7:45pm KO. UEFA Nations League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ppl need to boycott Aviva

The main focus should be Delaney out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

4-0. Roberts. Hammering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

What a finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Settle in for another two years of this absolute tripe..
    In will they/won't they make 3rd for the playoffs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The amount of space we are giving them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Now that's a team playing to get rid of their management!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Stephen Ward #shakeshead Marking space ffs. All 4 goals scored from his side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

34 minutes more to go, time to shut up shop. Also, say the rosary... that o Neil and Keane are off on their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Giggs is a better coach than I realised! Very Klopp like attacking flair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Any chance we could name our futsal team and management instead for the remaining games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

9 goals conceded in our last two competitive games.

Or it could be that we make Georgia look like Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The two clowns on the sideline discussing what changes to make at 4 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I'm convinced Denmark's reserve team from last night would beat us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

His team talk probably only needed to be "Lads, it's hoofball".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

all the lads standing around watching Bale... a pass straight across the box and there a goal..

There's a 17 year old Welsh man with energy running the show for Wales...

our players are not playing for the manager...not sure why Walters is still on the pitch - maybe he's the only big lad we have

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    No matter quality or lack of it, we can still try and attempt to play the right way. We've seen the likes of Georgia play us off the pitch in recent years. You're telling me we can get it down and play simple five yard passes? As I said, whatever they're doing on the training pitch was indicated by the set up at kick off...hoof ball. Any idiot can play that way. Get someone in who isn't a football dinosaur and who's prepared to back and support his players.

Absolutely, we need to change the manager, he should've gone after the Denmark game

Corholio wrote: »
    Any chance we could name our futsal team and management instead for the remaining games?

Denmark would claim Wales have had an unfair advantage playing our senior team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Fcuking shocking stuff. Something has to change after this lads and I'm not just talking about a change in management. Have to start trying to develop our own players and stop relying on the English to do it for us

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I'm convinced Denmark's reserve team from last night would beat us

I honestly think 11 Gibraltarian postmen would beat us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Maybe if we put in a good showing for the final 30 minutes we can only lose the second half by one goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

eigrod wrote: »
    Stephen Ward #shakeshead Marking space ffs. All 4 goals scored from his side.

Two men over his side. Can't cover both of them.

Clark was horrible for the goal. Let's bale turn, stands off him. Nothing attempt.

Absolutely no point in judging him on this game. This Wales 11 could’ve gone out with no manager against our lot playing like this and still won by 4+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

This Stephen Kenny thing? You have to be savvy with the media to pull off the Irish job. There is the mix of high expectations and bad players. Kenny comes across as a bit of a bumbling idiot in front of a mic I’ve always thought.

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Two men over his side. Can't cover both of them.

Duffy was horrible for the goal. Let's bale turn, stands off him. Nothing attempt.

He covered neither of them, whivh is the point I was making. He was marking space and ball watching

I've a feeling our unbeaten competitive record against Wales is somewhat under threat!

jaysis will ya throw Horgan on at least he will run at them if they dont bypass him with a long ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Dots1982 wrote: »
    This Stephen Kenny thing? You have to be savvy with the media to pull off the Irish job. There is the mix of high expectations and bad players. Kenny comes across as a bit of a bumbling idiot in front of a mic I’ve always thought.

If he got the players busting a gut and playing ball I wouldnt care if he never spoke to the press.........

eigrod wrote: »
    He covered neither of them, whivh is the point I was making. He was marking space and ball watching

If he goes to one the other is free. It's a no win situation two v one. That was their right back that scored the goal. Where's o dowda tracking back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really want Wales to get another two or three now, ramp the pressure right up on O'Neill to go.

spock. wrote: »
    9 goals conceded in our last two competitive games.

So far,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The comeback is on!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Walters and Ward ffs useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Delaney's Dismals hits new lows. At least we don't have that DOB involved in the national setup. No hope no vision, no ball.

GET IN!!!!!!!!!

ah thats not correct... O'Neill has been poor in front of the mic ditto el Trap... and eh ditto Stan...

If Kenny was appointed, expectations would be dampened and rightly so... Couldn't care less what he's like at the mic... once he was to try and play good football and to try and build something..

nice goal

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Tidy finish from Williams.

If he got the players busting a gut and playing ball I wouldnt care if he never spoke to the press.........

Unfortunately a lot of Irish fans take their opinions from what they listen to on the radio so media management is a big part of the job.

• Advertisement

Fair play, nice finish.

Nice that Wales conceded the crappiest goal of the night in the midst of our total meltdown

mada999 wrote: »
    ah thats not correct... O'Neill has been poor in front of the mic ditto el Trap... and eh ditto Stan...

If Kenny was appointed, expectations would be dampened and rightly so... Couldn't care less what he's like at the mic... once he was to try and play good football and to try and build something..

Ya right Kenny gets the job not a hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

Tidy finish from Williams.

5 nil to Wales,this is seriously embarassing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This has to go down as the worst Irish team in 40 yrs,the Irish national team is well and truly ****ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The only thing that could have brought a bit of pleasure out of this is if RTE were covering it and Tony 'O D interviewed him after the humiliation, show him up for the bully he is again

oh look we pressured a "top" player like Ramsey and he's made a mistake and we score...

as with any team you have to match them for work rate it's then up to the quality to show... we have not matched Wales for work rate tonight at all...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

And O'Neill is good with the media?

Really want Wales to get another two or three now, ramp the pressure right up on O'Neill to go.

What ever happens in the last 20 minutes I think that’s all she wrote... worrying thing is there is no young outstanding candidate, of Irish stock anyway. Still, based on this maybe we need a coach from abroad with no loyalty to anything or anyone apart from getting results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

And O'Neill is good with the media?

Very good point. O’Neill comes across as a spoilt brat to put it mildly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement