Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm service

Options
  • 06-09-2018 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

What's the average cost? Battery is low in the panel and as a result when power cuts we can't disarm.

I haven't used it in years as I don't trust it. It went off randomly too many times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

peteb2 wrote: »
    What's the average cost? Battery is low in the panel and as a result when power cuts we can't disarm.

I haven't used it in years as I don't trust it. It went off randomly too many times.

The cost price of the battery is about €20, but if someone is taking over your system, they may need to re-program the panel and then fault find the zone which was setting it off originally. If you had the engineering code that would make it a little easier for them, and they should be able to look at the log for the faulty zone.

Guesstimate would be to allow €100 or so for a few hours work.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

€100-€150 allowing for a battery and maybe a faulty sensor.
    Most would be happy to give you an idea of cost before they start.

Advertisement