Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Bandit is gone! RiP

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Burt Reynolds was a very good actor, and will always be remembered for the Smokey And The Bandit films (though he wasn’t in the really crappy Smokey and The Bandit 3 - just as well). He had a great film comeback in Boogie Nights

Burt was also excellent in Deliverance. I had a boyhood crush on him and thought he looked mighty fine in Deliverance RIP.

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

He was amazing in Deliverance.

Marlon Brando couldn't have done better in that role, Yea I said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Of the four main actors in Deliverance made in 1972 Burt is the first to die. Ronny Cox, Jon Voigt and Ned Beatty are all circa 80/81 this year. Fantastic movie. Of the four biggies he made (Deliverance, Longest Yard, Smokey & the Bandit and Boogie Nights) Deliverance probably stands as an undisputed classic in the critical sense. Smokey & The Bandit is probably his most beloved by audiences.
    Not a great actor in the sense of Henry Fonda, James Stewart etc but one who made films enjoyed by a mass audience and never took himself too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

deco nate wrote: »
    He was amazing in Deliverance.

Here's a clip of him talking about Deliverance in what must be one of his last interviews (from around six months ago):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Cool dude, never knew he played college football with Florida State, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Thanks for a lot of great entertainment throughout the years Burt. A literal legend in his own lifetime. Rest in peace Bandit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭per aspera ad astra

3 Men and a Baby. Classic. R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Watching Boogie Nights at the moment. Such a good film and I almost forgot how brilliant Burt is in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Watching Boogie Nights at the moment. Such a good film and I almost forgot how brilliant Burt is in it.

I rewatched that recently. Great film. I’m not the biggest of Paul Thomas Anderson but I can make an exception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

One of our finest Taoiseachs.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

21bsk1z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

RIP Bandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

RIP Burt, please don't let anyone attempt to remake any of the Bandit movies.

Smokey and the bandit with a gender fluid bandit and predominantly female cast will almost certainly be made in my lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

3 Men and a Baby. Classic. R.I.P.

Yes, but that was Tom Selleck. Its a totally different mustasche altogether.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Yes, but that was Tom Selleck. Its a totally different mustasche altogether.

You're thinking of Ted Hanson!! And he didn't have a moustache!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Also responsible for one of the finest cameos in the Simpsons (which I can't find a video of, presumably because Fox are b@stids)

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season11/wine16.mp3

33naCJe.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

You're thinking of Ted Hanson!! And he didn't have a moustache!!

Ted Hanson, did he play the ghost?

Ipso wrote: »
    Ted Hanson, did he play the ghost?

You're all away mad! You're thinking of Michael Madsen!!! He was in The Ghost, yes – but he didn't play the actual ghost! He played Dan!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

That man could grow a real mustache.
    Thanks for the craic in the 80's Burt.
    Rest in peace.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

They released a special edition Trans Am two years ago. Much though it was a wonderful looking (and sounding) 840hp monster, I couldn’t justify the $140,000...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2_FPuHbEtE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I couldn’t justify the $140,000...
    $500,000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

41325656_1947481675551963_1033419154901696512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=d5e28a2cf52790d38ff803bbaa90a865&oe=5C2B05C8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,628 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

His sitcom Evening Shade wasn't bad

RIP Burt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Been on a bit of a Burt marathon the past few days. Here's two shows I hadn't seen before but thought were good.

Burt's passing now means all the dinner guests above have since died.

Advertisement