Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Castle Shopping Centre Swords

Options
  • 06-09-2018 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Anyone know what the story is for parking overnight at the Castle Shopping Centre in Swords?

Me and t'other half are going for a meal there on Saturday night and want to have a drink and leave the car overnight.

Is there a charge to do so? I know that during the week there is a guy at the kiosk collecting money to park in there or else one must get a stamp from one of the businesses located there.

So my question is, if I leave the car overnight will I be able to get it out of there on Sunday afternoon or is there an overnight charge?

The restaurant we are going to had no idea! And they seemed to think it might be unsafe?!

Whadya reckon Swordsonians?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Anyone know what the story is for parking overnight at the Castle Shopping Centre in Swords?

Me and t'other half are going for a meal there on Saturday night and want to have a drink and leave the car overnight.

Is there a charge to do so? I know that during the week there is a guy at the kiosk collecting money to park in there or else one must get a stamp from one of the businesses located there.

So my question is, if I leave the car overnight will I be able to get it out of there on Sunday afternoon or is there an overnight charge?

The restaurant we are going to had no idea! And they seemed to think it might be unsafe?!

Whadya reckon Swordsonians?

I'd park at the back of the Main Street on the road behind Bank of Ireland et al and just pay the overnight pay and display fee to be safe I have parked there overnight plenty of times and I think its @5€;.

y4J88BE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

...if I leave the car overnight will I be able to get it out of there on Sunday afternoon or is there an overnight charge?...
    There's no overnight charge. The normal charge is a bit hit and miss on a Sunday (depending on the mood/hangover of the attendant). You might get away with no charge at all but worse case scenario is a normal charge which can be overcome by buying a banana at the fruit and veg shop.

(PS - it's not an ideal place to be leaving a car overnight).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

(PS - it's not an ideal place to be leaving a car overnight).

I think that's the key here, I wouldn't leave my car there overnight personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Me neither. I'd say you'd be safer leaving it either in a local estate or even the Pavilions car park if it's possible.

Advertisement