Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile shortode list

Options
  • 06-09-2018 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

So after setting up voicemail on a PAYG mobile, I decided to turn it off, which was done by a store rep sending a shortcode from the mobile.

A month later and I've realised that the call catcher was not automatically turned back on when the voicemail was deactivated....really!

I just want callcatched turned back on.
    So I messaged via the website and been through the hoops with Raja in India, ending up after a tedious 30min chat with him telling me it was working when it was and is not.

There is a list, the one I saw in the eir store of shortcodes, codes to preform different actions, like turn on/off voicemail, check balance etc.

A search on the eir support site for "shortcodes" gives exactly 0 results. 

Can you please publish all the what should be costumer facing codes and save everyone a load of time and hassle.

Can you please first post them here, and start with the shortcode to turn on call catcher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cencglob wrote: »
    So after setting up voicemail on a PAYG mobile, I decided to turn it off, which was done by a store rep sending a shortcode from the mobile.

A month later and I've realised that the call catcher was not automatically turned back on when the voicemail was deactivated....really!

So I messaged via the website and been through the hoops with Raja in India, ending up after a tedious 30min chat with him telling me it was working when it was and is not.

There is a list, the one I saw in the eir store of shortcodes, codes to preform different actions, like turn on/off voicemail, check balance etc.

Can you please publish all the what should be costumer facing codes and save everyone a load of time and hassle.

Can you please first post them here, and start with the shortcode to turn on call catcher.
    Have you tried  **61*08X5XXXXXXX#   ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cencglob

Davy wrote: »

Have you tried  **61*08X5XXXXXXX#   ?
    thanks, just tried it, an error message came back, so tried it without the mobile/voicemail number, and got the same error message. thanks anyway. 

eir: Thomas (since you have by far the highest post count per day at 4.65) 

Is there any chance an eir rep could respond to this, one of your Indian reps has just wasted an hour of my time quitting the chat telling me porkies and leaving my voicemail active when I asked for it to be kept off?

If your not going to answer at least have the decency to say sorry you won't help.

Anyone, know what the clown I chatted could have meant by ,

"Dial 121600 (free call).Stay on the line, and when prompted select option 3 to switch Call Catcher on."

121600 answers an invalid number. (Tried it as a shortcake too, zilch)

Thanks. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Is there any chance an eir rep could respond to this, one of your Indian reps has just wasted an hour of my time quitting the chat telling me porkies and leaving my voicemail active when I asked for it to be kept off?

If your not going to answer at least have the decency to say sorry you won't help.

"Dial 121600 (free call).Stay on the line, and when prompted select option 3 to switch Call Catcher on."

Thanks. 
    Hi cencglob, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your call catcher service. 

Feel free to PM me your mobile, PIN, full name on the account and address and I'll have a look at this for you here. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks. 
    Hi cencglob, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your call catcher service. 

Feel free to PM me your mobile, PIN, full name on the account and address and I'll have a look at this for you here. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    I'll call cs in a bit, but could you please make it easy for everyone and upload the shortcode list. 

• Advertisement

Thanks. 
    Hi cencglob, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    I'll call cs in a bit, but could you please make it easy for everyone and upload the shortcode list. 
    Ok no problem, if you PM me your details I can do this for you also. 

I've passed this feedback on to the relevant team. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks. 
    Hi cencglob, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Things must be pretty bad when phone company can't answer either their costumer service, or sales lines, over 10mins on hold on each in the middle of the day. PM with details to contact sent.

Thanks. 
    Hi cencglob, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Things must be pretty bad when phone company can't answer either their costumer service, or sales lines, over 10mins on hold on each in the middle of the day. PM with details to contact sent.
    I'm sorry to hear that you have been unable to get through to us. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks. 
    Hi cencglob, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracy, I got through in the end, and it is working now, thanks.

Thanks. 
    Hi cencglob, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracy, I got through in the end, and it is working now, thanks.
    I'm glad to hear this.

Apologies again.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement