Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large Nigerian gang in Ireland involved in worldwide money laundering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Hi Giraffe Box,
    My compliments on your Italian words! It seems you have been here some times.
    Yes, I know what the Hell Fire Club is/was. I also visited the haunting building on Montpelier Hill  :)
    And I also know what the Garda is, and though yours might be less stylish looking, it isn't certain that they are less effective. In my little experience I found out that Garda is more friendly than our Carabinieri.
    No, thanks God, I've never had another similar experience in your truly wonderful country. I've visited Ireland 20 times so far (and I wish I 'll be able to go there several times in the future), and I usually deal with locals, that are, as you already know, absolutely lovely and welcoming. I've never had the slightest problem with you Irish.
    And of course I never told anybody about that episode.

Anyway, over here we have all kind of nationalities, and two thirds of the crimes committed here are to be ascribed to foreigners, mainly Romanians, former USSR regions, Albanians, Nigerians and other central African countries, Moroccans.
    The main crimes are rapes (70% committed by Africans), drug dealing (Africans and Eastern Europeans), ATM tampering and credita card frauds (Romanians).
    That's why I am against the redistribution of migrants to other countries. Why should other countries be facing the same problems as we are?

That's such a shame. It seems from the information given in your post that Italy would be virtually crime-free if it weren't for those pesky foreigners.
    I was labouring under the massive misapprehension that the Italian mafia, who brought murder, mayhem and havoc across your country and indeed the USA, was, for the most part, made up of native Italians.
    Though from what you tell me, it would have been far more realistic if the characters in 'The Godfather' films named Vito Corleone and Luca Brasi, played by Marlon Brando and Lenny Montana respectively, were in fact called Ayobami Adebayo and Toluwalase Okafor.
    Who'd have thought it eh?
    That Mario Puzo must be some spoofer, or 'bugiardo'.

Ciao for now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

seamus wrote: »
    They're still entitled to due process like any other person. Certain standards need to be met before an arrest can be carried out.

No arrests, also doesn't mean that other restrictions haven't been enacted, such as confiscating passports, etc.

Yes, I believe that the majority of us are aware of that. There was no mention of passport confiscation, which is why there is concern they can flee the country. We would hope that at least the leader of the gang; a Nigerian national living in Ireland, is being monitored.
    Foreign nationals can get an Irish bank account. We also don't know how many of these aren't Irish citizens.

A number of people have reported the difficulty of Irish citizens getting bank accounts recently. One would have to wonder if the same rigors were applied to these Nigerian and West Africans.
    The report states at least 101 Nigerian nationals are involved. It is a possibility that some of them are also Irish citizens, which begs many other questions.
    I'd personally rather than people served their sentences before being deported. If you discovered that you could go to a foreign country, get involved in multi-million euro scam and the worst thing they'd do is send you home, you'd probably be tempted.

Just deporting them is a good way to make us a magnet for scammers and criminals.

I totally agree with you.
    A prison sentence should not only be for punishment. In this case, it should be seen as a deterrent. It is well known around the planet how soft Ireland is on crime. It is about time, the Irish "justice" system started dishing out prison sentences for these types of crimes.
    Otherwise there will such an increase in activity by Eastern European, Nigerian and Roma gangs in Ireland that it will reduce our quality of life to an intolerable level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Kivaro wrote: »
    There was no mention of passport confiscation, which is why there is concern they can flee the country.
    The Gardai are never going to report on the minutiae of what was done. "No arrests, investigations are ongoing", is about as far as they can say. Getting het up because you don't have enough information about what occurred is fairly pointless. You could always contact the Garda press office to find out if there's anything more to report?
    A number of people have reported the difficulty of Irish citizens getting bank accounts recently.
    Have they? The conditions required to get a bank account haven't changed in a number of years, so it's not getting more difficult to get an account.

That in itself might be the issue, since many younger people won't have paper utility bills in their own name. But that doesn't mean getting a bank account is difficult or has become more difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,142 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Theres a weird assertion here that seems to think that these guys couldnt have just got a local irish person to set an account up for them and then used it.

Its crime lads, its not as simple as 'Sure look at these lads coming in here getting it all handy' 'My family had trouble opening an account'

The Gardai are never going to report on the minutiae of what was done. "No arrests, investigations are ongoing", is about as far as they can say. Getting het up because you don't have enough information about what occurred is fairly pointless. You could always contact the Garda press office to find out if there's anything more to report?
    Have they? The conditions required to get a bank account haven't changed in a number of years, so it's not getting more difficult to get an account.

That in itself might be the issue, since many younger people won't have paper utility bills in their own name. But that doesn't mean getting a bank account is difficult or has become more difficult.

Seamus, your level of condescension has really increased in the last 50,000 or so posts. I don't recall you being like that in the early days.

You are ignoring other posts on this thread about getting an Irish bank account in the last few years. It has indeed become much more difficult.
    And I will not be contacting the Garda press office for more information. It seems that I am not the one who is getting "het up" on this topic. Some posters just don't like any information like this ongoing case getting into the public domain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

It was on news some nights ago.
    Ha ha ha lol
    Thars funny
    Less credible than I heard from a drunk in the jacks but funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭per aspera ad astra

This post has been deleted. – (said in a Nigerian accent).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You are ignoring other posts on this thread about getting an Irish bank account in the last few years. It has indeed become much more difficult.
    It has become more difficult than the 1980s when anyone could get a bank account because "Ah shure, yeah it's yer man".

The rules haven't changed much in 10 years. A couple of anecdotes on this thread about people who didn't have any documentation and assumed they could open an account because, "Shure amn't I Irish?", doesn't really qualify.

Anyone who has the appropriate documentation can get a bank account. It doesn't matter if you're Irish or Nigerian or Malaysian.

I'm guessing your implication is that they must have had help from someone on the inside to set up these bank accounts, but the reality is that setting up an account is not difficult once you have the documentation - authentic or otherwise.

A bank official is not going to know the difference between a real or fake Nigerian passport. Or be able to tell whether a Bord Gais bill is real or a good quality fake. They'll just scan it, file it, and open the account.
    And I will not be contacting the Garda press office for more information. It seems that I am the one who is getting "het up" on this topic. Some posters just don't like any information like this ongoing case getting into the public domain.
    You say you're concerned they might flee the country. But you're hardly going to be the only one who's thought of this. Don't you think that the Gardai would do everything they can to prevent this?
    Don't assume that what's been reported is everything there is to know. The Gardai involved have been working on this for months before you became aware of it. They want these guys to go on the run far less than you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

It would be nice if we had system law breakers were brought to justice.
    I don't care about what demographic they fall into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

When describing the suspects in the case, the Garda Superintendent said that "Some of these people are working, some are on social welfare."

I think I may know them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

That's such a shame. It seems from the information given in your post that Italy would be virtually crime-free if it weren't for those pesky foreigners.
    I've never said that, I said that a very high percentage of crimes committed in this country is to ascribe to foreigners.
    It's not the same thing of being virtually crime-free without them. It's only that we would have fewer crimes.

This past summer will be probably remembered for the high number of rapes on girls and women in touristic places. Well, all victims (Italians or tourists) said that the perpetrators of the violences were one or more than one Africans, on all occasions.

When there's a ATM fraud we all think "Romanians" and we are proved right by the investigations.

It's clear to everybody here that the crime rate has increased several times since the mass immigration of the last years.

I also know that we Italians aren't clean at all, and in fact I never feel proud of my nationality abroad, and tend not to let others know where I come from unless specifically asked.
    All the world is fully entitled to criticize us for what we have exported in the past, and in no way I contrast their opinion.

So, you're right to name all those names, it's a shame for us, I don't deny our past, present and future.

I'm only saying that we already have our criminals, without the need to import them from other countries.
    And the rest of Europe should do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Star Bingo wrote: »

Beware of the migrants you accept in your country. We have serious problems over here, I can tell you from experience!

But how do we prevent it as long as the EU is facilitating these traffickers with its programme of population replacement.

Redistribution of migrants is a mantra, something asked by a very little number of EU countries, like Italy, Spain and Greece.
    Just ignore them, let them talk, but just ignore them. One day they will be sick and tired of saying the same thing.
    As a matter of fact several countries are already ignoring them. Especially the Eastern countries like Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, and so on.
    The redistribution plan is on a voluntary base, no country is obliged to take migrants on its territory.
    Just do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,942 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

This!

The first safe country to land in and claim asylum in is Italy, or Spain.
    Italy has gotten some 700,000 migrants from Africa and Middle East in the last 4 years. The Italian governemt keeps complaining that Europe has to take its share, it's a mantra, in everyday news.

I'm against this. Let's Keep Europe out of this. Those migrants come to Italy, they have to stay in Italy, no redistribution to other European countries.
    Italy doesn't want them here? Well, they shouldn't gather those migrants from the sea in the first place.

I'm Italian.

About 7 years ago I was on holiday in Ireland. I wanted to visit an old graveyard in the countryside, just outside Carlow Town. It happens that this graveyard is behind a business park, or something like that.
    I was directed behind those buildings by a local, but when I was at the edge of the site, I found a cabin, the last "office" before the path to the graveyard.

Well, while I was walking past this cabin, a black man came out and blocked me and asked me what I was doing there. I told him I was going to the graveyard. He asked me to follow him and led me inside the cabin where a dozen of men just like him were sat around a table, doing nothing.
    They blocked the door and questioned me, in a very bad English, what I was doing there. They didn't believe the story of the graveyard and kept asking me the same question over and over.

I can't deny I was scared to death. They were looking each other as to say "What are we going to do with him?".
    Then they closed the question by simply telling me that no graveyard was nearby and they "kindly" led me out to my car.

I don't know what kind of business they were running in that cabin, but apart from that table, some chairs and a closet, I didn't see anything else.
    I went there again two years later, and the cabin wasn't there anymore. And I was able to visit the graveyard.

Whether they were Nigerian or else, I don't know, but clearly they were trying to hide something!

Beware of the migrants you accept in your country. We have serious problems over here, I can tell you from experience!

Don't mention the Cosa Nostra :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Discodog wrote: »
    Don't mention the Cosa Nostra :pac:

I did....but I think I got away with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Do they teach fraud as a subject in Nigerian schools or something? When I first heard this story on the news, before any nationality was mentioned, I immediately thought... “Nigerian”.

Most Africans, non Nigerians mind, I have ever known have a very poor opinion of Nigerians.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    So we don't get worked up over Traveler criminality and gangs terrorising people, particularly elderly people across Ireland and ripping off the social welfare system? Really? Eh... we do. On these pages a lot more than Nigerian gangs.

The real laugh is the same ones now saying "shure what about the Irish traveller gangs" are the exact same fookers who are first on to defend the worst of traveller criminal behaviour.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

When I was doing a follow on course in an IT a long time ago about 6 Nigerians ended up on it. Everyone welcomed them initially but they started causing major problems. There was two Woman and four men. The Woman were constantly shouting at the lecturers and throwing things, the lecturers were males in most cases. These middle aged college type lecturers were very timid and polite and they weren't able to handle it. The males were pushing people out of their seats and taking their computers while doing lab courses etc, in other classes they were "begging" saying please please please repeatably for people to do their work for them and ofc some sucker would do it. Some of them were caught cheating during exams, it got so bad eventually the entire college board had to get involved to come up with a solution to deal with it.

At the end of the first year to complete the course and come back next year we had to go out on 6 months work experience. I look back on it now and realize the college heads took it upon themselves not to offer them places so they couldn't progress, or at least make it very difficult for them. The following year none of them were there and it came to a huge relief to everyone else. It was pure madness and disruption for 7 months and I've never witnessed anything like it.

2 Scoops wrote: »
    When I was doing a follow on course in an IT a long time ago about 6 Nigerians ended up on it. Everyone welcomed them initially but they started causing major problems. There was two Woman and four men. The Woman were constantly shouting at the lecturers and throwing things, the lecturers were males in most cases. These middle aged college type lecturers were very timid and polite and they weren't able to handle it. The males were pushing people out of their seats and taking their computers while doing lab courses etc, in other classes they were "begging" saying please please please repeatably for people to do their work for them and ofc some sucker would do it. Some of them were caught cheating during exams, it got so bad eventually the entire college board had to get involved to come up with a solution to deal with it.

At the end of the first year to complete the course and come back next year we had to go out on 6 months work experience. I look back on it now and realize the college heads took it upon themselves not to offer them places so they couldn't progress, or at least make it very difficult for them. The following year none of them were there and it came to a huge relief to everyone else. It was pure madness and disruption for 7 months and I've never witnessed anything like it.

And this is when liberals will chirp in and say that the fault was with you, your classmates, the instructors, and the college administration for not working hard enough to integrate these 6 Nigerian "students" into your course. Irrespective of your collective efforts, the blame will be put on you.

Timid and polite Irish people: This seems to be how Nigerians are able to game the system in Ireland. How are so many Nigerians ending up on welfare and receiving housing very soon after arriving in Ireland?
    And of course, when you object to their abhorrent behaviour, the "racist" accusations are screamed loudly by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

You might have seen in the news yesterday the story about the large Nigerian money-laundering network operating in Ireland. It was the scope of the operation that surprised me.

A Nigerian national living in Ireland was the leader of the gang and he recruited over 100 fellow Nigerian nationals in Ireland to launder money which has been stolen in invoice redirection frauds from companies in Ireland and all around Europe. 15 homes in 5 counties across the country were raided by over 100 Gardai and high-priced items like Nissan X-Trail SUVs were removed from these premises. Gardaí have asked the banks in Ireland to close around 350 accounts suspected of being used in the fraud.
    When describing the suspects in the case, the Garda Superintendent said that "Some of these people are working, some are on social welfare."

There are a number of questions to be asked when you read about the details of the case, for example, why were they no arrests made knowing that the Nigerian suspects who could easily abscond, and what is the situation with the Irish bank accounts of the non-nationals?

Watching the 6.1 RTE news yesterday, there was not one mention of the word "Nigerian/Nigeria"; they kept saying West African gang. I wonder if it is the same on the RTE website? I gave up on that site a long time ago because of their weird bias on news.
    More information on the story can be found here.

You have to understand that the guys come from harsh poverty where it is literally kill or be killed. Then they manage to get out of it and arrive in Ireland to try and create a better life. We in turn put them in direct provision amd dont let them have the dignity of working. Our system is as much to blame i fear.

We should not be importing them in the first.

Im not so sure. We populated the rest of the world with dregs for hundreds of years. Shoe is on the other foot now.

Because Irish emigrated in the past we have to let everyone into our country? I never understood this 'argument'.

No. Not at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭enricoh

Im not so sure. We populated the rest of the world with dregs for hundreds of years. Shoe is on the other foot now.

Sounds great , should we send our naval ships out of the Mediterranean and tell them to load up to the gills at some port in Nigeria. Save them paying a few grand to the smugglers and the hassle. Sod it, just put on direct flights to Lagos , handier still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

You have to understand that the guys come from harsh poverty where it is literally kill or be killed. Then they manage to get out of it and arrive in Ireland to try and create a better life. We in turn put them in direct provision amd dont let them have the dignity of working. Our system is as much to blame i fear.

Wow. That's some seriously innocent rationale at play there

Yeah they aren't allowed the dignity of working nor the dignity of the dole. Although the government has sped up the process of giving the spoofers that are refused asylum an amnesty . 72% more have arrived this year than last as a result! Who could have guessed that would happen?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Is it really wise to be accepting people into the country from places where crime and violence is a way of life and human life holds such little value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Is it really wise to be accepting people into the country from places where crime and violence is a way of life and human life holds such little value?

Of course not, but our betters in Govt both here and in Brussels want to change the demographics as we're too Irish at the moment.

Anyways most of the Nigerians that have come here are from a middle class background back home. They've made a career choice to come here and it's not via the dinghys in the med. They're paying for passports, papers etc to get into Europe and then on to here.
    They're not from the slums of Lagos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah it's the system all right, nobody asked them to come here in the first place so they can fook off back to where they came from if they don't like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Yeah it's the system all right, nobody asked them to come here in the first place so they can fook off back to where they came from if they don't like it.

Need to sort out the inbreeding here one way or another

gctest50 wrote: »
    Need to sort out the inbreeding here one way or another

What positives will people from third world countries bring to Ireland? Eh, well, eh, they will sort out our inbreeding! Epic stuff!

Which college was it ? How was it 6 Nigerians ended up on it .

How were you privy to college board meetings ?

Semesters run from sept to may meaning they are 9 months long. And youd have 3 months till following year. So we're did the 6 months placement come in.

Not saying it's not true but its a perfect story only for it lacking credibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

listermint wrote: »
    Which college was it ? How was it 6 Nigerians ended up on it .

How were you privy to college board meetings ?

Semesters run from sept to may meaning they are 9 months long. And youd have 3 months till following year. So we're did the 6 months placement come in.

Not saying it's not true but its a perfect story only for it lacking credibility

IT Carlow, the course was shorter because of the work placement. IIRC it ran from September to March then you went on placement until September. It ran on springboard or whatever the equivalent was back then so anyone could apply to it for free.

You can believe what you want and argue over semantics, it's not something I'd randomly make up and lie about.

• Advertisement

IT Carlow, the course was shorter because of the work placement. IIRC it ran from September to March then you went on placement until September. It ran on springboard or whatever the equivalent was back then so anyone could apply to it for free.

You can believe what you want and argue over semantics, it's not something I'd randomly make up and lie about.

Can't tell there are mad characters on this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

What an absolute nonsensical bull**** post. Jesus Christ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

The Voodoo will get all of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Kivaro wrote:
    You might have seen in the news yesterday the story about the large Nigerian money-laundering network operating in Ireland. It was the scope of the operation that surprised me.

Kivaro wrote:
    A Nigerian national living in Ireland was the leader of the gang and he recruited over 100 fellow Nigerian nationals in Ireland to launder money which has been stolen in invoice redirection frauds from companies in Ireland and all around Europe. 15 homes in 5 counties across the country were raided by over 100 Gardai and high-priced items like Nissan X-Trail SUVs were removed from these premises. Gardaí have asked the banks in Ireland to close around 350 accounts suspected of being used in the fraud. When describing the suspects in the case, the Garda Superintendent said that "Some of these people are working, some are on social welfare."

Kivaro wrote:
    There are a number of questions to be asked when you read about the details of the case, for example, why were they no arrests made knowing that the Nigerian suspects who could easily abscond, and what is the situation with the Irish bank accounts of the non-nationals?

Kivaro wrote:
    Watching the 6.1 RTE news yesterday, there was not one mention of the word "Nigerian/Nigeria"; they kept saying West African gang. I wonder if it is the same on the RTE website? I gave up on that site a long time ago because of their weird bias on news. More information on the story can be found

Did this happen in Balbriggan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Is it racist to say that Nigerians are known for scam and criminality? I’m sure there are plenty of African countries that don’t engage in the same levels of criminality, but Nigerians do have a bad name. Maybe I’m just a racist.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Which countries that you speak of are "kill or be killed"?

Your generalisation smacks of old an style colonial dismissiveness of nations and cultures considered to be less civilised than European norms.

If these guys were white this thread wouldnt exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

KevinCavan wrote: »
    Is it racist to say that Nigerians are known for scam and criminality? I’m sure there are plenty of African countries that don’t engage in the same levels of criminality, but Nigerians do have a bad name. Maybe I’m just a racist.

Yes it is racist but the fact here is it was Nigerians anyway

Theses type of criminal activities always have me admiring them (dare I say it ) and how they get away with it

Bigger fools the victims( companies that is)
    I heard they were creating fake invoice and saying they are X/Y supplier and to pay the money to the *new* bank account

I mean come on like .... what fool is on the other end transferring thousands of euro

surely you’d pick up the phone and ring the supplier and confirm such requests no?
    Am I naive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

If these guys were white this thread wouldnt exist.

A gang of 100 albino Nigerians would make world headlines!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

A gang of 100 albino Nigerians would make world headlines!

:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

wally1990 wrote: »
    Yes it is racist but the fact here is it was Nigerians anyway

Theses type of criminal activities always have me admiring them (dare I say it ) and how they get away with it

Bigger fools the victims( companies that is)
    I heard they were creating fake invoice and saying they are X/Y supplier and to pay the money to the *new* bank account

I mean come on like .... what fool is on the other end transferring thousands of euro

surely you’d pick up the phone and ring the supplier and confirm such requests no?
    Am I naive?

Since egedid nationality become racist? It used to be skin colour. Ie Race.
    Bit of a hint in the name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Autochange wrote: »
    Bit if a hint in the name

Since 4th January 1969 when the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination defined it as

...any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Bit of a hint in the name

You are correct

Maybe Xenophobia?

Let’s not argue , point being these actions do tend to be associated with this nationality

Since 4th January 1969 when the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination defined it as

The international convention on the elimination of all forms of racial discrimination.

Who are these people? Do they have a mandate to tell the world what is and what isn't racist?

I think no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The international convention on the elimination of all forms of racial discrimination.

Who are these people? Do they have a mandate to tell the world what is and what isn't racist?

I think no

I think yes.

The convention was adopted and opened for signature by the United Nations General Assembly on 21 December 1965,[8] and entered into force on 4 January 1969. As of January 2018, it has 88 signatories and 179 parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

The Voodoo will get all of you

It’s the voodoo hoodoo who u get screwed people

I think yes.

I see. How about Muslims? I don't see religion mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

It’s captain oblivoous

You shouldn't have justified the accusation with a response.
    In the bad auld days on boards, you couldn't even say the word "Nigerian" without mods and liberals throwing all types of insults at you.

Remember when Irish welfare payments were directly deposited into bank accounts in Nigeria? Them were the days when the Irish were suckers for any cock-and-bull story made up by Nigerian asylum seekers. Even the dogs in Lagos knew how easy it was to become an Irish citizen by making up a bogus story. And that led to welfare for life, free housing for life, and then the non-contributory pension for themselves and whomever that they got into the country under the family reunification program. It's really mind boggling.

After the Pamela Izevbekhai case, when the Government finally proved that she was a fraudster, and after we spent over €1,000,000 on the multiple court cases to get her deported back to Nigeria, I'd say the Government decided it was not worth it to fight the court cases filed by Nigerians to stay in the country. This is why we have tens of thousands of Nigerians in the country; it was just too easy for them to claim asylum and then straight to welfare. Irish liberals will claim racism of course, but then again many of those same liberals don't get up in the morning to pay the taxes required for the new Irish.

What a strange world we live in when Nigerians gets all the support and services from the Irish welfare system, and meanwhile those of us born and bred and lifelong contributors to the country struggle to get help from that same system when our parents grow old and we reach out for support. We are told that there is not enough money for more than one hour per week to help with our parents. It's just mind boggling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement