Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large Nigerian gang in Ireland involved in worldwide money laundering

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Kivaro wrote: »
    You shouldn't have justified the accusation with a response.
    In the bad auld days on boards, you couldn't even say the word "Nigerian" without mods and liberals throwing all types of insults at you.

Remember when Irish welfare payments were directly deposited into bank accounts in Nigeria? Them were the days when the Irish were suckers for any cock-and-bull story made up by Nigerian asylum seekers. Even the dogs in Lagos knew how easy it was to become an Irish citizen by making up a bogus story. And that led to welfare for life, free housing for life, and then the non-contributory pension for themselves and whomever that they got into the country under the family reunification program. It's really mind boggling.

After the Pamela Izevbekhai case, when the Government finally proved that she was a fraudster, and after we spent over €1,000,000 on the multiple court cases to get her deported back to Nigeria, I'd say the Government decided it was not worth it to fight the court cases filed by Nigerians to stay in the country. This is why we have tens of thousands of Nigerians in the country; it was just too easy for them to claim asylum and then straight to welfare. Irish liberals will claim racism of course, but then again many of those same liberals don't get up in the morning to pay the taxes required for the new Irish.

What a strange world we live in when Nigerians gets all the support and services from the Irish welfare system, and meanwhile those of us born and bred and lifelong contributors to the country struggle to get help from that same system when our parents grow old and we reach out for support. We are told that there is not enough money for more than one hour per week to help with our parents. It's just mind boggling.

You just summed up liberalism perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

What a strange world we live in when Nigerians gets all the support and services from the Irish welfare system, and meanwhile those of us born and bred and lifelong contributors to the country struggle to get help from that same system when our parents grow old and we reach out for support. We are told that there is not enough money for more than one hour per week to help with our parents. It's just mind boggling.

You were born an bred in Ireland were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Autochange wrote: »
    I see. How about Muslims? I don't see religion mentioned.

Which would be an issue if you had brought up religion but you specifically brought up nationality. You were shown to be incorrect. Rather than accept it you've decided to move the goalposts. So have you accepted the definition of racism set out by the convention?

Star Bingo wrote: »
    It’s captain oblivoous

You couldn't even spell it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

You couldn't even spell it correctly.

Typo nigative

So is religion covered or no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Remember when Irish welfare payments were directly deposited into bank accounts in Nigeria? Them were the days when the Irish were suckers for any cock-and-bull story made up by Nigerian asylum seekers. Even the dogs in Lagos knew how easy it was to become an Irish citizen by making up a bogus story. And that led to welfare for life, free housing for life, and then the non-contributory pension for themselves and whomever that they got into the country under the family reunification program. It's really mind boggling.

After the Pamela Izevbekhai case, when the Government finally proved that she was a fraudster, and after we spent over €1,000,000 on the multiple court cases to get her deported back to Nigeria, I'd say the Government decided it was not worth it to fight the court cases filed by Nigerians to stay in the country. This is why we have tens of thousands of Nigerians in the country; it was just too easy for them to claim asylum and then straight to welfare. Irish liberals will claim racism of course, but then again many of those same liberals don't get up in the morning to pay the taxes required for the new Irish.

They couldn’t find Ireland on a map before that... just wasn’t in their vocabulary now it’s a hot topic. I can’t blame them in seeking to take advantage it’s a certain few white people who need lynching if anyone

I can't reply directly to captain obvious. What have you done?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

If these guys were white this thread wouldnt exist.

Rubbish. If it was a white Scottish gang operating out of Ireland it would be big news. Sure there’s threads on here about Irish people getting money from frivolous claims. It’s a huge sum of money involved, I’m surprised at the lack of coverage and interest in it to be honest.

So is religion covered or no?

By that convention? Did you see religion in the definition?

By that convention? Did you see religion in the definition?

No I did not. You have an aggressive attitude to your posts. It makes conversation difficult with you.

• Advertisement

No I did not. You have an aggressive attitude to your posts. It makes conversation difficult with you.

Have to be direct with someone so evasive.

Have to be direct with someone so evasive.

Directness and aggression are two different things.
    Anyway why is it racist to say Nigerians when the Gardai themselves report it was a Nigerian gang?

Are the Gardai racist? Who can we report them to?

Directness and aggression are two different things.
    Anyway why is it racist to say Nigerians when the Gardai themselves report it was a Nigerian gang?

Are the Gardai racist? Who can we report them to?

I never said it was racist to say Nigerians. I simply answered your question as to when nationality came under racism, a point you have yet to concede.

I never said it was racist to say Nigerians. I simply answered your question as to when nationality came under racism, a point you have yet to concede.

I acknowledge that the Un say nationality is covered under the banner of racism.
    I feel racism is by race. Ie colour.
    Also my opinion supercedes the Un

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

pointing out the internationally recognised idiosyncrasies of any group or nationality is sick and wrong

I acknowledge that the Un say nationality is covered under the banner of racism.
    I feel racism is by race. Ie colour.
    Also my opinion supercedes the Un

Of course it does.

pointing out the internationally recognised idiosyncrasies of any group or nationality is sick and wrong

Even if it was members of that nationality who are involved in the crime?

Liberalism. What a strange and wacky world we live in.

Of course it does.

So are the Gardai racist? It was in the paper too. Is the paper racist?

So are the Gardai racist? It was in the paper too. Is the paper racist?

What are you on about? Are you asking if it is racist to report a person nationality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I did a business course last year where had a PC apps module. One topic in that module was about data protection laws and another topic was entitled "The Nigerian Connection". It was about making employees aware about the types of scams that are out there. We looked at past know scams that originated from Nigeria. I'm glad there was no non-white students in the class as it might have been a bit awkward. Btw 'non-white' is my new personal term for referring to darkies so I won't get in trouble.

Mod-Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

We could put them in District 9.... Ballymun, Santry, etc

Regards

Wikus Van Der Merwe

AllForIt wrote: »
    I did a business course last year where had a PC apps module. One topic in that module was about data protection laws and another topic was entitled "The Nigerian Connection". It was about making employees aware about the types of scams that are out there. We looked at past know scams that originated from Nigeria. I'm glad there was no non-white students in the class as it might have been a bit awkward. Btw 'non-white' is my new personal term for referring to darkies so I won't get in trouble.

Call it like it is. **** the snowflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Vote in Sweden tomorrow should be interesting, far right party expected to make substantial gains all because of an open door policy that some on here would lead you believe is great for the culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

You might have seen in the news yesterday the story about the large Nigerian money-laundering network operating in Ireland. It was the scope of the operation that surprised me.

A Nigerian national living in Ireland was the leader of the gang and he recruited over 100 fellow Nigerian nationals in Ireland to launder money which has been stolen in invoice redirection frauds from companies in Ireland and all around Europe. 15 homes in 5 counties across the country were raided by over 100 Gardai and high-priced items like Nissan X-Trail SUVs were removed from these premises. Gardaí have asked the banks in Ireland to close around 350 accounts suspected of being used in the fraud.
    When describing the suspects in the case, the Garda Superintendent said that "Some of these people are working, some are on social welfare."

There are a number of questions to be asked when you read about the details of the case, for example, why were they no arrests made knowing that the Nigerian suspects who could easily abscond, and what is the situation with the Irish bank accounts of the non-nationals?

Watching the 6.1 RTE news yesterday, there was not one mention of the word "Nigerian/Nigeria"; they kept saying West African gang. I wonder if it is the same on the RTE website? I gave up on that site a long time ago because of their weird bias on news.
    More information on the story can be found here.

shure whats wrong with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Vote in Sweden tomorrow should be interesting, far right party expected to make substantial gains all because of an open door policy that some on here would lead you believe is great for the culture.

Could you quote the post espousing an 'open door' policy being great for the culture, I must have missed that one.

• Advertisement

No look yourself.

Could you quote the post espousing an 'open door' policy being great for the culture, I must have missed that one.

https://fee.org/articles/open-immigration-is-good-for-the-health-of-people-and-the-economy/

The like of these lefty clowns

No look yourself.

No luck at all.

No look yourself.

No luck at all.
    Better luck next time.

Better luck next time.

I'll keep looking.

• Advertisement

Better luck next time.

I'll keep looking.
    Yeah the weathers not great today, be nice way to spend your saturday.

Yeah, I could spend tomorrow looking too.
    You know why...there isn't one.

Yeah, I could spend tomorrow looking too.
    You know why...there isn't one.
    Ah shur have a look and see you never know what you might find.

That's devastating.

That's devastating.
    Its a devastating world my friend. Anyway clocking out from work soon so gotta go. PM me if you find it, cheers.

Its a devastating world my friend. Anyway clocking out from work soon so gotta go. PM me if you find it, cheers.
    :rolleyes:

Didn't take long to throw the pretence out the window I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah the lads in Calais will be a major benefit to the country that gets landed with them all right, oh yeah that's us isn't it thanks to the Yankee Minister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Is the person who's saying if this story was about whites it wouldn't even be mentioned, that the system here is "as much to blame" as the scam operators themselves and the below having a laugh? I'm not sure around here at times.
    Im not so sure. We populated the rest of the world with dregs for hundreds of years. Shoe is on the other foot now.
    "We"... did...? All those Irish who were labourers in British and American cities? All those Irish who became cops and firemen in NYC, Chicago and Boston?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Is the person who's saying if this story was about whites it wouldn't even be mentioned, that the system here is "as much to blame" as the scam operators themselves and the below having a laugh? I'm not sure around here at times.

"We"... did...? All those Irish who were labourers in British and American cities?

All those Irish who became cops and firemen in NYC, Chicago and Boston?

Just like this guy did :
    Mamoudou Gassama, an immigrant from Mali who scaled a building to rescue a child dangling from a balcony, has been offered French citizenship and a position with the Paris fire brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

gctest50 wrote: »
    Just like this guy did :

Fair play to him, but what has that to do with the topic.
    I heard Sinn Fein recently on a television show trying to convince the panel that the vast majority of refugees on the North African NGO boats are highly qualified. Do they think we are all that gullible and stupid? (Well, actually Sinn Fein does).
    Trying to portray Mamoudou above as stereotypical of the economic migrants that arrive on our shores does not correlate with the murder/sexual assault/criminal activity rates that has risen dramatically in Sweden, Germany, France etc. due to the influx of these migrants.

Fair play to him, but what has that to do with the topic.
    I heard Sinn Fein recently on a television show trying to convince the panel that the vast majority of refugees on the North African NGO boats are highly qualified. Do they think we are all that gullible and stupid? (Well, actually Sinn Fein does).
    Trying to portray Mamoudou above as stereotypical of the economic migrants that arrive on our shores does not correlate with the murder/sexual assault/criminal activity rates that has risen dramatically in Sweden, Germany, France etc. due to the influx of these migrants.

So you have no issue with making generalisations when it comes to criminal behaviour but have an issue with generalisations when it comes to good behaviour.

Yeah the lads in Calais will be a major benefit to the country that gets landed with them all right, oh yeah that's us isn't it thanks to the Yankee Minister.

Do you have an issue with all nationalities that aren't Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

We don't need this shyte kick them out, Nigerians are among the most unreliable immigrants anyway its been a huge mistake to allow so many of them to come here especially when so many have dodgy backgrounds with no idea who they are or how they got here.

Do you have an issue with all nationalities that aren't Irish?

No I welcome people who come here legally to work and contribute, I do however have a major issue with bringing over these chancers who have nothing to offer and the amount of money being spent on them.

Mutant z wrote: »
    We don't need this shyte kick them out, Nigerians are among the most unreliable immigrants anyway its been a huge mistake to allow so many of them to come here especially when so many have dodgy backgrounds with no idea who they are or how they got here.

Citation needed.

No I welcome people who come here legally to work and contribute, I do however have a major issue with bringing over these chancers who have nothing to offer and the amount of money being spent on them.

You appear to have an issue with Zappone's nationality.

You appear to have an issue with Zappone's nationality.

I have an issue with her using my country as a guinea pig to do things she wouldn't get away with in her own birthplace.

And the fools who elected her are worse.

I have an issue with her using my country as a guinea pig to do things she wouldn't get away with in her own birthplace.

Well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Well said

She barely barely scraped in as well. Yet she is so arrogant and dogmatic

She barely barely scraped in as well. Yet she is so feckin arrogant and dogmatic

Zappone was an expert in feminist spirituality and studied white witchcraft to raise psychic energy before joining politics.

Those are the type of people we have deciding the direction our country takes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is her country just as much as it is yours.

If you don't like it, go run for election. A gay woman born in the US came to live over here and went on to became the Minister for Children.

What's your excuse?

Advertisement