Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large Nigerian gang in Ireland involved in worldwide money laundering

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Mutant z wrote: »
    We don't need this shyte kick them out, Nigerians are among the most unreliable immigrants anyway its been a huge mistake to allow so many of them to come here especially when so many have dodgy backgrounds with no idea who they are or how they got here.

Check out the problems Australia are having with Somalian gangs.
    <snip> should not be allowed to leave the continent of Africa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Autochange wrote: »
    Zappone was an expert in feminist spirituality and studied white witchcraft to raise psychic energy before joining politics.

Those are the type of people we have deciding the direction our country takes.

Is this for real?

Wonder did she consult her book of spells when working out the most financially beneficial route to Leinster House so she can claim expenses from taxpayers money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

An Cosán (Irish: [ənˠ ˈkɔsˠɑːn̪ˠ], "The Path") is an organisation based in Jobstown, Tallaght, which offers adult education and other services to women from disadvantaged areas,[1] and is Ireland's largest community education organisation.[2] It was founded by Katherine Zappone and Ann Louise Gilligan.

It currently supports over 1,000 families annually.[3] According to The Irish Times, An Cosán "was established by Ann Louise Gilligan and Katherine Zappone with the intention of bringing valuable community-based education to the Dublin suburb. In 2012 An Cosán attempted to track the progress of 1,500 past students and found 1,200 were employed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Cos%C3%A1n

Is this for real?

Wonder did she consult her book of spells when working out the most financially beneficial route to Leinster House so she can claim expenses from taxpayers money

Yes this is real. Irish politics overall is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Publish the text of the entire proceedings of each of their asylum applications if they are convicted.
    Show the taxpayers what they are actually funding with the deductions from their wages and salaries.

Or are there some dark secrets in that particular process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Don’t forget Bono’s role in all of this. Jamie Drummond; chief executive of his NGO on looking to capitalise on Africa’s spiralling population:

“It’s Demography’s destiny”

“We should be worried if we don’t make these investments”

“We will need their youthful energy to .......... do stuff

Like form drill crews and duke it out in Smithfield plaza maybe? I’d imagine this sort of rhetoric was used back in the days of the slave trade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

Is this for real?

Jealous much??
    Like if you think you can do a better job do what Katherine did and run for election!
    Few things in life are as pathetic as the Hurler in the ditch!

DChancer wrote: »
    Jealous much??
    Like if you think you can do a better job do what Katherine did and run for election!

Be realistic. The trough will camonly fit so many snouts.

Be realistic. The trough will camonly fit so many snouts.
    in other words unlike Minister Zappone, you are not willing to spend years working in and with the community, developing relationships, fighting for what you believe in, and putting yourself before the electorate as an independent candidate.
    You would sooner do nothing but hurl abuse from the sideline, yeah , ireland really needs committed people like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

in other words unlike Minister Zappone, you are not willing to spend years working in and with the community, developing relationships, fighting for what you believe in, and putting yourself before the electorate as an independent candidate.
    You would sooner do nothing but hurl abuse from the sideline, yeah , ireland really needs committed people like that!

So basically anybody in politics is beyond criticism?

• Advertisement

So basically anybody in politics is beyond criticism?

love to know how you worked that out, I specified Minister Zappone in response to the posts referencing her.
    Deflect much??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

love to know how you worked that out,

Well you’re telling someone that they are in no position to criticise her because they haven’t put in the effort of a campaign so... that’s how.

Well you’re telling someone that they are in no position to criticise her because they haven’t put in the effort of a campaign so... that’s how.

There is a big difference between abuse and criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Jealous much??

Don’t worry there’s plenty of ppl waiting to get their chance to throw her out of the dail next time out.

You can call them whatever you like, I call them voters.

It’s just a pity the taxpayer will have to fund her with a huge obscene ministerial pension for the rest of her days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Mutant z wrote: »
    We don't need this shyte kick them out, Nigerians are among the most unreliable immigrants anyway its been a huge mistake to allow so many of them to come here especially when so many have dodgy backgrounds with no idea who they are or how they got here.

Check out the problems Australia are having with Somalian gangs.
    This type of filth should not be allowed to leave the continent of Africa
    Indeed look at Ireland on the map as opposed to Africa and we are supposed to believe there isn't a safe country anywhere between it the fact is the vast majority of them aren't genuine but scammers l
    trying to chance their arms, you can't get from Nigeria to Ireland without landing in another EU country first. As soon as they arrive on Irish soil they should be put onto a plane and back to their original port of entry to apply for asylum status.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

I don't think anything will be done about Non-National crime until we elect Patriots to the dail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You have to understand that the guys come from harsh poverty where it is literally kill or be killed. Then they manage to get out of it and arrive in Ireland to try and create a better life. We in turn put them in direct provision amd dont let them have the dignity of working. Our system is as much to blame i fear.

Ah fook me pink.
    I just knew it.
    We are to blame for all those scam emails purporting to be my long lost relative.
    We are to blame for the dodgy apartment rental scams, the purchasing goods to be shipped to Nigeria where the cheque turns out to be dodgy or the money transfer mysteriously never arrives.

We really do have a lot to answer for. :rolleyes:
    listermint wrote: »
    Which college was it ? How was it 6 Nigerians ended up on it .

How were you privy to college board meetings ?

Semesters run from sept to may meaning they are 9 months long. And youd have 3 months till following year. So we're did the 6 months placement come in.

Not saying it's not true but its a perfect story only for it lacking credibility

Would you be so incredulous if it was a positive story about Nigerians/immigrants/migrants ?
    If these guys were white this thread wouldnt exist.

Ahh yes the old tried and tested drag race and colour into it when your bullcr** is challenged and you are made look like an eejit.
    jacksie66 wrote: »
    If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle..

Nowadays one would never know ;)

It would depend how they identified.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So I started at the beginning of the thread and as usual it starts off with the facts and common sense, but not long before the usual suspects arrive trying to derail matters...
    Peregrinus wrote: »
    What Phoebas said. And also maybe because the question of where the perpetrators come from is the least interesting and relevant part of the story. Would this be any less of a problem if the perpetrators were from Newtownmountkennedy rather than from Nigeria, or from West Cork rather than from West Africa?

Ah whataboutery and the inference that any who question or discuss cases like this are "racist" :rolleyes:

Seriously, when did Ireland become America with it's obsession over racial divides?

Speaking of Americans...
    I have an issue with her using my country as a guinea pig to do things she wouldn't get away with in her own birthplace.

And the fools who elected her are worse.

+1

As I've said before, Zappone is a dangerous politician. One who transplants this stuff from her homeland to a country where it has no relevance, but who also uses her position in Government to further her own personal agenda on matters like immigration, or the argument she tried to start over US pre-clearance because she doesn't like Donald Trump.

Were it not for Enda Kenny's ego (and his determination to become the only FG Taoiseach ever to get a second term.. by any means necessary!) she, Shane Ross and the others who he made deals with would never have had the opportunity to cause the damage they have.

As for this latest story and the criminals involved.. arrest them, try them and if convicted, send them all on a plane back home and put them on a watch-list to ensure they don't get back in. I see no reason why the Irish taxpayer should have to foot their undoubtedly short and lax prison sentences as well.

As we've seen elsewhere in Europe, it's time that those of us who don't buy into the liberal virtue-signalling and dangerous agendas they are trying to enact start making our voices heard... not just on forums like this or Twitter etc, but when the TD's start calling to the door at some point in the next few months.

I think immigration and the dangerous of letting anyone with a sob story in without checks or limits will become THE most important election issue in the next 5/10 years, and we need to start preparing for it now.

Tip of the iceberg, Nigerian lady living opposite me,good Christian woman, involved in halfway house for ppl with addiction problems stated to me years ago that majority of her fellow countrymen here are scamners/ or involved in criminality,,,yet our own Irish don't care,or feel powerless to deal with it,taken the law years to act

Nigeria isn't sending their best to Ireland.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    So I started at the beginning of the thread and as usual it starts off with the facts and common sense, but not long before the usual suspects arrive trying to derail matters...
    Peregrinus wrote: »
    What Phoebas said. And also maybe because the question of where the perpetrators come from is the least interesting and relevant part of the story. Would this be any less of a problem if the perpetrators were from Newtownmountkennedy rather than from Nigeria, or from West Cork rather than from West Africa?

Ah whataboutery and the inference that any who question or discuss cases like this are "racist" :rolleyes:

Seriously, when did Ireland become America with it's obsession over racial divides?

Speaking of Americans...
    I have an issue with her using my country as a guinea pig to do things she wouldn't get away with in her own birthplace.

And the fools who elected her are worse.

+1

As I've said before, Zappone is a dangerous politician. One who transplants this stuff from her homeland to a country where it has no relevance, but who also uses her position in Government to further her own personal agenda on matters like immigration, or the argument she tried to start over US pre-clearance because she doesn't like Donald Trump.

Were it not for Enda Kenny's ego (and his determination to become the only FG Taoiseach ever to get a second term.. by any means necessary!) she, Shane Ross and the others who he made deals with would never have had the opportunity to cause the damage they have.

As for this latest story and the criminals involved.. arrest them, try them and if convicted, send them all on a plane back home and put them on a watch-list to ensure they don't get back in. I see no reason why the Irish taxpayer should have to foot their undoubtedly short and lax prison sentences as well.

As we've seen elsewhere in Europe, it's time that those of us who don't buy into the liberal virtue-signalling and dangerous agendas they are trying to enact start making our voices heard... not just on forums like this or Twitter etc, but when the TD's start calling to the door at some point in the next few months.

I think immigration and the dangerous of letting anyone with a sob story in without checks or limits will become THE most important election issue in the next 5/10 years, and we need to start preparing for it now.
    Best of luck
    I presume you will be standing in the next local and general elections.
    If your views are as widely held as you think they are you should be a shoo in.
    Personally though I reckon you will lose your deposit

• Advertisement

Jealous much??

Don’t worry there’s plenty of ppl waiting to get their chance to throw her out of the dail next time out.

You can call them whatever you like, I call them voters.

It’s just a pity the taxpayer will have to fund her with a huge obscene ministerial pension for the rest of her days.
    Voters elected her and will probably re-elect her.
    Same voters that time and again refuse to vote for the alt right xenophobic extremists who claim to speak for the ordinary people

Same voters that time and again refuse to vote for the alt right xenophobic extremists who claim to speak for the ordinary people

The vast majority of Irish people are against unrestricted Immigration as proven by the 2004 citizenship referendum.

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/others/ireland-voted-away-anchor-babies-in-2004-101068324-238041911

Dr Brown wrote: »

The vast majority of Irish people are against unrestricted Immigration as proven by the 2004 citizenship referendum.

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion/others/ireland-voted-away-anchor-babies-in-2004-101068324-238041911
    The only opinion that counts is the ballot box.
    All evidence from the ballot box says that irish electors reject xenophobia , Racism and right wing bigoted rhetoric.
    If you don't agree well test your own theory and run for election against Minister Zappone and let's see who gets the most votes.

All evidence from the ballot box says that irish electors reject xenophobia , Racism and right wing bigoted rhetoric.
    If you don't agree well test your own theory and run for election against Minister Zappone and let's see who gets the most votes.

The citizenship referendum was the ballot box which proves there is vast support among the Irish electorate for Immigration control.

If I had mainstream party behind me I would be a shoe in but without the support of a big party its very hard to get elected no matter what the issue is.

That's why we need to get behind Patriotic political parties like Irexit, The National Party and Identity Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

The citizenship referendum was the ballot box which proves there is vast support among the Irish electorate for Immigration control.

If I had mainstream party behind me I would be a shoe in but without the support of a big party its very hard to get elected no matter what the issue is.

That's why we need to get behind Patriotic political parties like Irexit, The National Party and Identity Ireland.

Nothing patriotic about any of those parties. Just self serving ultra conservative loons .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Nigeria isn't sending their best to Ireland.

That's original.

Nothing patriotic about any of those parties. Just self serving ultra conservative loons .

They are the absolute opposite of "self serving" career politicians no body in those parties is getting rich by speaking out against the mainstream political consensus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

They are the absolute opposite of "self serving" career politicians no body in those parties is getting rich by speaking out against the mainstream political consensus.

Because so few people agree with them. They keep launching parties that nobody votes for. They're losers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No, they're the same but daft to the point of being parodies of themselves. All you have to do is follow the money and of late there's been a lot of the Russian variety behind these "patriots".

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »
    Because so few people agree with them. They keep launching parties that nobody votes for. They're losers.

They said the same thing about UKIP when it started.

Political parties take time to build before they become a major force.

I predict that within 20 years we will have a Patriotic (or "far right" as the media call them) party in government.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

They said the same thing about UKIP when it started.

Political parties take time to build before they become a major force.

I predict that within 20 years we will have a Patriotic party in government.

UKIP is dead and their erstwhile leader only ever went to work when it was time to dip his snout in the trough.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

4,463 1st preference votes from 66.5k valid votes with a quota of 11,212 to get in.
    Got in on the 16th count without reaching the quota.

And now she's a Minister responsible for a budget of millions. Gotta love democracy :o

Since you are replying to every post with the same mantra can I ask you a question.
    What is your view on immigration? Specifically economic migrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭kuntboy

The typical modern Irish lefty liberal SJW cuck is terrified of being seen as "backward", so he listens to his "betters" at RTE, IT, BBC etc and parrots their lefty propaganda. He also has an inferiority complex regarding other western countries and is desperate to be high on their pecking order so he will bend over backwards to make Ireland appear "progressive" and "modern".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Dumb, dumber and dumberer. Thus far they haven't so much as a county councillor between them. Of course as two of them aren't actually registered as political parties, thats not too suprising.

• Advertisement

UKIP is dead and their erstwhile leader only ever went to work when it was time to dip his snout in the trough.

UKIP achieved their main goal. They have influenced British politics more than any other political party in the 21st century.

Thats small some achievement for such a small party.

kuntboy wrote: »
    The typical modern Irish lefty liberal SJW cuck is terrified of being seen as "backward", so he listens to his "betters" at RTE, IT, BBC etc and parrots their lefty propaganda. He also has an inferiority complex regarding other western countries and is desperate to be high on their pecking order so he will bend over backwards to make Ireland appear "progressive" and "modern".

Considering all the borrowed pejoratives in use here, I don't think that its the leftists borrowing notions from abroad.

UKIP achieved their main goal. They have influenced British politics more than any other political party in the 21st century.

Thats small some achievement for a small party.

Nope. That was the Tory party. UKIP never got beyond 2 MP's.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Dumb, dumber and dumberer. Thus far they haven't so much as a county councillor between them. Of course as two of them aren't actually registered as political parties, thats not too suprising.

The national party actually do have a Councillor his name is Séamus Treanor.

Nope. That was the Tory party. UKIP never got beyond 2 MP's.

They put pressure on the Tory Party that's why Cameron held a referendum in order to neutralize UKIP.

Without UKIP there would have never been a referendum.

• Advertisement

The national party actually does have a Councillor his name is Séamus Treanor.

He was elected as an independent, plus the other shower aren't registered as a party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Kivaro wrote: »
    You might have seen in the news yesterday the story about the large Nigerian money-laundering network operating in Ireland. It was the scope of the operation that surprised me.

A Nigerian national living in Ireland was the leader of the gang and he recruited over 100 fellow Nigerian nationals in Ireland to launder money which has been stolen in invoice redirection frauds from companies in Ireland and all around Europe. 15 homes in 5 counties across the country were raided by over 100 Gardai and high-priced items like Nissan X-Trail SUVs were removed from these premises. Gardaí have asked the banks in Ireland to close around 350 accounts suspected of being used in the fraud.
    When describing the suspects in the case, the Garda Superintendent said that "Some of these people are working, some are on social welfare."

There are a number of questions to be asked when you read about the details of the case, for example, why were they no arrests made knowing that the Nigerian suspects who could easily abscond, and what is the situation with the Irish bank accounts of the non-nationals?

Watching the 6.1 RTE news yesterday, there was not one mention of the word "Nigerian/Nigeria"; they kept saying West African gang. I wonder if it is the same on the RTE website? I gave up on that site a long time ago because of their weird bias on news.
    More information on the story can be found here.

There is a huge fear in the media to even mention the word Nigeria for fear of being called racist against Nigerians, it is fact that Nigeria is rife will fraud and corruption yet its the elephant in the room here in Ireland, the very same as with the knackers.
    I honestly dont know why Ireland took in so many Nigerians, like why Nigeria? why not Brazilians, Argentinians, Russians?
    Anti social behaviour is rife among the Nigerians and the Eastern Europeans especially hate them.
    We have a homeless crisis in this country yet we take in people from a specific country on a whole other continent but we cant even manage to look after the people who are already here, makes no sense to me....

They put pressure on the Tory Party that's why Cameron held a referendum in order to neutralize UKIP.

Without UKIP there would have never been a referendum.

Down to Cameron being a weak leader more than anything else.

Since you are replying to every post with the same mantra can I ask you a question.
    What is your view on immigration? Specifically economic migrants.
    You mean like the Indian Nurses that the HSE just hired???
    I'd say as economic migrants they will be a great help in A and E
    What do you think?
    Or are we talking about the generations of Irish economic migrants to the UK USA Canada Australia etc , i say fair play to them.

What do you think?
    Or are we talking about the generations of Irish economic migrants to the UK USA Canada Australia etc , i say fair play to them.

Just like this one who is suing the HSE.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/nurse-challenges-dismissal-of-racial-discrimination-complaint-1.3559090

What do you think?

Nurses are trained and there is a skilled shortage.
    As for the generations of migrants from here. They went to work and contribute.
    <snip> coming en masse from Africa will do neither.
    Free housing, welfare and healthcare. We don't need or want them
    People all around Europe are waking up and change is in the air.
    The sooner the better too.

Sorry, but could you clarify what point you're trying to make there?

He has a cherrypicked example which he will now use to judge entire demographics with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

They haven't got any point it's not based on logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

jay0109 wrote: »
    4,463 1st preference votes from 66.5k valid votes with a quota of 11,212 to get in.
    Got in on the 16th count without reaching the quota.

And now she's a Minister responsible for a budget of millions. Gotta love democracy :o

And Zappone definitely knows how to spend those (our) millions.
    For the initial 40 out of the 200 young migrant men she is bringing in from Calais, the cost will be €11.5 million. There are estimates of €110 million of our money to be spent on the full 200 when they get here. The money will be spent on services and support for these young men, including legal and therapeutic interventions, accommodation, health, dental care, mental health services and other specialist support.

And don't forget when she said in a television interview in Calais that she would like to take all of them when talking about the migrants in the camps there. The only way to put an end to her ultra-liberal madness is to make sure she is not re-elected in the next election.

• Advertisement
Advertisement