Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose Horses on Ring Road

• 07-09-2018 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

6 loose horses GALLOPING against traffic up the ring road this morning (near Hebron turn-off). This is the second time this year I've seen this happen. I rang the guards - they're already sending someone up. This thing has to stop though - it's only a matter of time before someone gets killed. This hour of the morning you can see them, if they broke out at night, oncoming traffic wouldn't have a chance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

This is a serious situation it has happened a couple of times where there has been accidents ,I was coming from Dublin one night just at the first round about as you come in off the motorway there was a car in bits a horse was after kicking the car. The excuse they gave when they came to the guards was that the gates was left open there at that big corn field is . I have come across a couple near misses do the council really wont to do anything about it i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭screamer

Cheers for the heads up. The council ha, sure aren't they the ones that pay for the fields to provide cultural enrichment for our travelling brethren....
    Problem is if you have an accident with a horse or sulky and survive to tell the tale you'll have to claim off your own insurance. Crazy to see kids driving sulkies in traffic, unacceptable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Actually who owns those tillage fields on the ring road? I'm a farmer myself and there is zero chance I'd be letting ANYONE graze horses or anything else on my land, or interfere with my bounds fences for that matter. I see young chaps just casually walk their horses through a broken bit of fencing. If those were my fields, I'd have an electric fence running 5K volts of current trough 3 strands of wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

jooksavage wrote: »
    Actually who owns those tillage fields on the ring road? I'm a farmer myself and there is zero chance I'd be letting ANYONE graze horses or anything else on my land, or interfere with my bounds fences for that matter. I see young chaps just casually walk their horses through a broken bit of fencing. If those were my fields, I'd have an electric fence running 5K volts of current trough 3 strands of wire.

Its a man from Ballyragget has it leased off the owners of the property it was a fierce pity to see such a fine place go down hill on such a prominent location. It was a beautiful place years ago it was sold during the celtic tiger when the owners died. I can see what you mean about the young lads in and out there you wonder is he getting the land cheap because no body else will touch it .

Advertisement