Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Now on PC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

whats the catch?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Last time I tried this it wasn't supported in Ireland. The servers are located in Holland so I guess it was a latency decision. Anyway I logged in an registered last year via VPN. Fast paced games no good. Played TLOU without issue though as despite the latency, its a very playable game.

So I guess they have Irish servers now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wossack wrote: »
    whats the catch?!

It's a paid for subscription service, so no hidden catch beyond the terrible risk of giving Sony credit card data :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Last of Us is spiking my CPU (5960X) BFV doesnt even get close to spiking my CPU :confused:

Single Player games would be very playable, assume there is no MP support for any game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Thanks for posting this, always wanted to try TLOU.

Is it just a case of making sure your machine can handle it. or there any titles that are not available through this platform?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Saw this on the Bloodborne subreddit, although it looked like it was only in selected regions and I assumed Ireland couldn't get it. I'd highly recommend Bloodborne even if Souls games weren't y'er thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Is it available in Ireland? What's the pricing? Xbox 360 controller compatible with PS4 games?

Is it available in Ireland? What's the pricing? Xbox 360 controller compatible with PS4 games?

Yes, 9.99 a month, Yes.

7 day free trial to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Can you use an Xbox controller?

Anima wrote: »
    Can you use an Xbox controller?

Yes

Works fine with some minor issues (R2 resizes the screen)

• Advertisement

Launched this last night and went for the free trial. Didn't have to imput credit card details.

Was up and running on TLOU in about 15 mins (few false starts). Few minor stalls but otherwise played perfectly (the game, not me!).

Very impressed and delighted TBH. TLOU is a game that's gotten a huge amount of praise and I was annoyed that I would never get the chance to play it. There are certain games you just don't want to miss and this is one of them for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TLOU is one of my favourite games. I never watch cut scenes , the very first one in this hooked me and watched them all. Thought the story was brilliant, never played a game where I cared so much for the characters, just willing them to get through it.
    The harder level difficulties also add a lot to it but can be pretty brutal. I still play it on normal now and again just to enjoy it.

I bought a PlayStation to play TLOU and TLOU 2 when it comes out later this year. One of the, if not the best game I've ever played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm probably going to buy one for RDR2 and Spiderman. Buy it, play them, sell it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Suppose there's no chance of RDR2 popping up on this on release?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Smiles35 wrote: »

Not a hope in hell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We'll get a pc version in around 2 years, then they release a remastered or next gen version. Too much money to be made online for them not to do it.

We didn't get a PC version of RDR 1.

I bought a PS3 at the time and got a few games like that. I didn't use it enough to justify the expense. Suppose I could sell it but then if I did have a free evening and the urge to play it again...!

I don't have space for a second tv and the gf doesn't appreciate that I'd enjoy RDR/TLOU more than she'd enjoy Celebrity Big Brother

steve_r wrote: »
    We didn't get a PC version of RDR 1.

I bought a PS3 at the time and got a few games like that. I didn't use it enough to justify the expense. Suppose I could sell it but then if I did have a free evening and the urge to play it again...!

I don't have space for a second tv and the gf doesn't appreciate that I'd enjoy RDR/TLOU more than she'd enjoy Celebrity Big Brother

That was before GTA V made them more money than god on the pc, I can't see a future where they don't and besides, that treasure hunt for the golden gun in GTA is for an item in RDR 2 and is available for the pc, so there's a false advertising law suit waiting to happen if it doesn't show after that.

Also: you clearly have the wrong girlfriend. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Shiminay wrote: »
    I bought a PlayStation to play TLOU and TLOU 2 when it comes out later this year. One of the, if not the best game I've ever played.

TLOU2 wont be out till at least the end of 2019,more likely 2020..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Smiles35 wrote: »

If you look at the PS4 games list the 'Retail' Games on the list are all remasters of PS3 games (from what I've seen anyway.)

I don't think you'll the likes of RDR2, God Of War, Spiderman or any other other current gen title until after the next console generation is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Remouad wrote: »
    If you look at the PS4 games list the 'Retail' Games on the list are all remasters of PS3 games (from what I've seen anyway.)

This is only a guess but I'd say that might have something to do with the PS4 controller as well. It has some kind of a touchpad and motion sensors which a keyboard, Xbox controller or whatever wouldn't have.

Saying that, I don't own a PS4 so I don't know how often those controller features are used on PS4 exclusives. They seem a bit gimmicky so mighn't be an issue at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

B_Sharp wrote: »
    This is only a guess but I'd say that might have something to do with the PS4 controller as well. It has some kind of a touchpad and motion sensors which a keyboard, Xbox controller or whatever wouldn't have.

Saying that, I don't own a PS4 so I don't know how often those controller features are used on PS4 exclusives. They seem a bit gimmicky so mighn't be an issue at all?

Also remasters don't require more processing power as it's just up res of textures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

So I set up an account, downloaded the PS app but when I try to start the free trial it says the page I'm looking for doesn't match the URL location and when I click on the link to proceed to the Ireland-english store it says can't find the page. May be unavailable or address incorrect.

It also says that the service is only available to US and Canadian residents.

Any pointers on whats happening ? Always been keen to play TLoU.

Heckler wrote: »
    So I set up an account, downloaded the PS app but when I try to start the free trial it says the page I'm looking for doesn't match the URL location and when I click on the link to proceed to the Ireland-english store it says can't find the page. May be unavailable or address incorrect.

It also says that the service is only available to US and Canadian residents.

Any pointers on whats happening ? Always been keen to play TLoU.

I can't be much help as that didn't happen to me, but I did restart the app, re-login after starting the trial. Hope you get sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is anyone else getting an error/pop up on trying to launch ps4 games, "update user settings", really annoying as ps3 games work not a bother

I can't be much help as that didn't happen to me, but I did restart the app, re-login after starting the trial. Hope you get sorted

Cheers but still not sorted. When I choose the free trial version it tells me I need to enter billing information. I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that this wasn't necessary for a free trial.

Edit: Ha just checked and it was you !

Yeah I didn't need to do that. Do you already have a PS account? I did and I used that so maybe they didn't bother asking me that for a reason.

maybe try and setup a Ps account independently of the trial and use that.

Yeah I didn't need to do that. Do you already have a PS account? I did and I used that so maybe they didn't bother asking me that for a reason.

maybe try and setup a Ps account independently of the trial and use that.

Ah thats probably it. Don't own a PS or have a previous account. Just figured I could sign up for the free trial and play TLoU for the weekend. I can give them billing information and then cancel before the trial ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

is anyone else getting an error/pop up on trying to launch ps4 games, "update user settings", really annoying as ps3 games work not a bother

Yes, I have an account already but I am using the trial, wanted to make sure it would work fine before paying out.
    Game quality is excellent, I have good internet, but certain games go to "update User settings", Bloodborne and F1 2016, are two.
    Played some Uncharted, Red Dead Redemption and they were perfect.

Advertisement