Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living In Dublin

Options
  • 07-09-2018 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭

Where is you favorite up & coming place to live in Dublin?

As much as there's places I'd like to live, and different amenities, I'm interested in how places are developing...

Where's the best up & coming spot in Dublin? (multiple choice) 25 votes

Crumlin
    4% 1 vote
    Drimnagh
    20% 5 votes
    Kimmage
    16% 4 votes
    Inchicore
    44% 11 votes
    Harolds Cross
    16% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Seeing as you've got the rest of Dublin 12 up there why not go for the best bit, Walkinstown???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

theteal wrote: »
    Seeing as you've got the rest of Dublin 12 up there why not go for the best bit, Walkinstown???

It's already up and come... mature established area. But please feel free to elaborate on any area... It's not set in stone.

Who decided that those are the up & coming areas?
    I would have thought Harold's cross was well up & running many years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Anywhere around the new children hospital although the junkies are a bit of a turn-off.

Also never understood why Beaumont Whitehall is not more popular although that may be changing as they are getting very pricey now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

bubblypop wrote: »
    Who decided that those are the up & coming areas?
    I would have thought Harold's cross was well up & running many years ago!

It's my list from my head... It's a ;loose compilation based on affordability and not set in stone... if you don't like it, feel free to offer a positive dialogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dk1982

theteal wrote: »
    I second this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

What does up and coming mean, an area thats good to invest in,
    an area thats nice to live in,
    an area where hipsters live.
    I think someone with children will want to be near good schools,
    parks, not too far from a supermarket .
    A single person might be just happy to buy an apartment in the city centre,
    thats not close to a pub or a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The OP is looking to market a new abbreviation for an area.

Crumlo

or

HaroCros

something like that, they are trying to get the marketing out there first :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Hard to say, the worst roads in a good area are worse then the best roads in a rougher area.

Kimmage has some lovely areas, but other areas that you wouldn't want to touch

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Harold's Cross is in no way up and coming. Not in terms of cost or reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Harolds cross would be by far the best location on the list, but also the most expensive. So depending on what your looking for and what you want to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Kimmage Road West (from Ashleaf shopping centre towards KCR) has become very expensive . Lovely big houses and very close to Terenure / Perrystown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Killbarrack - easy access to the DART, close to the coast and St. Anns park. Creeping gentrification from people being priced out from Foxfield and most of the locals have families and want zero hassle in the area. Yes we've still got a local element but most of it is all mouth unlike some areas in Dublin.

It'll always br an ex-corpo estate, so doesn't have the advantages of some areas with potentiall nicer houses, but as a nicer working class area with great amenities it's hard to beat IMHO.

Advertisement