Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Birth Clinic Coombe

Options
  • 07-09-2018 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello I’m carrying identical twins and am around 11 weeks! I had a private early pregnancy scan at 9 weeks. I’m away on hols at moment so won’t have my dating scan in Coombe until 24tg Sept. I have an appt with multi birth clinic that day too. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the multi birth clinic? Is it usually appts on a Monday? How often are the appts with identical twins? Were you given option of elective cesarean section with twins? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eileenf99

Hi no experiance of the coombe but have had twins before in the Rotunda. Mine were non ID though.
    The Multi clinic in the rotunda was good very little waiting time as they only have x amount of people there. It was relatively straigtforward and quick every scan they scan you more often towards the end if provided there are no complications.

With regards to the birth they didnt get to deep into it me they just said you need to keep an open mind as anything can happen late into a twin pregnancy. I wanted a VBAC but ended up with an emer section at 34w after i got pre eclampsia. I am pregnant again now on a singleton and i am just going to go with the flow as the baby usually has its own plans!!

Best of luck , twins are joyeous to have. Hard work but a wonderful experiance ,nothing like having 2 babies put into your arms safely x

Advertisement