Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR Sport on a PC

Options
  • 07-09-2018 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

HI, 

I have recently gotten a new PC and looking to use EIR Sport on this as its connected to my TV. It worked on my previous PC. 

Due to the use of Silverlight and old browsers together with a limit of one change  a month ive run into problem after problem. Ive been onto customer care 4 times last saturday and still missed the Rugby. Currently i have no devices connected as far as i can see on the devices list on the eirsport page, but it tells me i have reached my maximum. 

Each time i try a new browser (all current browsers dont work) it counts as a new switch and i have to ring Eir to reset my switches allowed per month. IE doesnt work as advertsied. I used Firefox version 51 and it worked briefly. Upon reopening it updated to the newest version to back onto Eir again to reset the switches per month and reinstalled Firefox Version 51 and set it to no updates (needless to say security is out the window). But i cant add it. 

Can any other customers tell me if they have this working on a PC and how they found the most reliable way of doing it. 

Calling customer support and been on hold all the time is a nighmare. I was also charged on one of the numbers i was told to call. Who should i call to fix this problem. Seems a different team for the PC compared to the Andriod etc Apps. 

Finally are you aware of any plans to update the website to use a technology that wasnt discontinued years ago due to security issues?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

Called customer service on Saturday. Very causally said something along the lines of... Yeah the website has been down.... when i told him ive had the problem for over a week he said.... well its been down for 2 weeks. Basically leave me alone was the reaction i got from the customer servie person. Didnt even attempt to help. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Buttros wrote: »
    HI, 

I have recently gotten a new PC and looking to use EIR Sport on this as its connected to my TV. It worked on my previous PC. 

Due to the use of Silverlight and old browsers together with a limit of one change  a month ive run into problem after problem. Ive been onto customer care 4 times last saturday and still missed the Rugby. Currently i have no devices connected as far as i can see on the devices list on the eirsport page, but it tells me i have reached my maximum. 

Each time i try a new browser (all current browsers dont work) it counts as a new switch and i have to ring Eir to reset my switches allowed per month. IE doesnt work as advertsied. I used Firefox version 51 and it worked briefly. Upon reopening it updated to the newest version to back onto Eir again to reset the switches per month and reinstalled Firefox Version 51 and set it to no updates (needless to say security is out the window). But i cant add it. 

Can any other customers tell me if they have this working on a PC and how they found the most reliable way of doing it. 

Calling customer support and been on hold all the time is a nighmare. I was also charged on one of the numbers i was told to call. Who should i call to fix this problem. Seems a different team for the PC compared to the Andriod etc Apps. 

Finally are you aware of any plans to update the website to use a technology that wasnt discontinued years ago due to security issues?

Thanks
    Hi Buttros, 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your eir Sport service. This is not the level of customer service we wish to provide to our customers.  

Our support team on 1890 260 260 would deal with any issues you are having with the service, however, if you PM me your account number, full name on the account, date of birth and email address I will be able to have a look at this for you. 

We have no plans in the pipeline currently to update the browsers in which to use the service on I'm afraid, however, we are continuously working on this so this may change. I'll be sure to pass this onto the relevant team. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement