Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is the grand canal dock to Park West train so slow?

• 07-09-2018 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious Why is the grand canal dock to Park West train so slow? I can cycle the road route in 30 minutes (and I aint a fast cyclist) yet the train takes over 30 minutes but it only stops in Drumcondra along the way? Obviously its not going “as the crow flies” but is the speed capped for some reason?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CaptivePortal

silverharp wrote: »
    it only stops in Drumcondra along the way?

I'm sure there are speed limits along the way but it also stops in Pearse<Tara Street<Connolly<Drumcondra prior to ParkWest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Its very much not as the crow flies and it makes 4 stops enroute before Grand Canal Dock

The proposed DART underground would get you to Pearse in ~9 minutes if it ever gets built

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

fair enough but the slow part is before the DART line, im sure i'd beat the train to Connolly, its just a very slow route, it much slower than the current DART equivalent

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Its slow because of the speed restrictions between Glasnevin and Heuston P10 and then out towards Inchicore is slow because of old tracks and complex layout with Heuston there.

End to End the average speeds is probally 25mph!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

As a regular user of the route it's still far quicker than bus or car alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    As a regular user of the route it's still far quicker than bus or car alternatives.

no doubt , in my case im commuting out of town in the morning and its a no brainer (when its raining) as i live near a DART station and the combined ticket is only 3 euro each way. in the evening though with the downhill assist :D , door to door by bike is 35min whereas it would be nearly an hour and a qtr using the route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

There is nearly ten minutes recovery time between Drumcondra and Parkwest, as well as the above complications.

Advertisement