Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair problem

Options
  • 07-09-2018 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Yesterday I got my hair done in peter marks I had a consultation the week before I showed them a photo of the colour I wanted they had no problem and booked me in. Went in yesterday to get it done the girl who was suppose to do my hair didn’t and a different girl was sent to do it she had no clue what to do two older hairdressers came over and talked her through what I wanted I New by her face she wasn’t happy with having to do my hair as she disscussed this infront of me with another hair dresser I showed her the picture so she new what I was looking for! My hair is nothing like the photo I have went from being very blonde to completey brown I was suppose to be brown and blonde bearing in mind this cost me €180 I don’t know wether I should go back and complain!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Of course you should go back and complain. Why didn't you complain at the time??? Go back ASAP, explain the situation and ask them to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Blondie1994

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Of course you should go back and complain. Why didn't you complain at the time??? Go back ASAP, explain the situation and ask them to fix it.

I hate complaining and didn’t want them to think I was looking for a discount but I’m so unhappy with it like it’s not what I asked for at all! Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've had a similar experience - I showed a new hairdresser a picture of my own hair and asked her to do it like that (a lovely light beige blonde). I came out with hair somewhere between the colour of ash and a mouse. And this was a top-end salon! Even though I felt so awkward and uncomfortable, I gathered up my courage and called the salon. They were really apologetic and did their best to fix it for free. It wasn't perfect, but it was better than it had been.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

You must go back, take your original photo and ask to speak to their most experienced colourist. Ask that person if that’s really the best work the salon can do and wait for an explanation.

That’s the problem with chain salons. They rely on clients being taken in by the hype and too embarrassed to complain. In your shoes, I’d have stopped them when two hairdressers tried to explain to the ‘apprentice’ what to do. That demonstrates that the person doing your hair wasn’t confident enough to just get on with it.

If a hairdresser needs support from a couple of their colleagues before carrying out the service, that demonstrates that they’re not fully competent to work on their own yet and so they shouldn’t be charging you full price to be their guinea pig. That’s very cheeky in my book. Did they offer you any explanation as to why they were using you for training purposes?

A good creative colourist is a rare find and usually, you only get one at most in a salon, (more often they’re just mediocre at colouring).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Blondie1994

MinnieMinx wrote: »
    You must go back, take your original photo and ask to speak to their most experienced colourist. Ask that person if that’s really the best work the salon can do and wait for an explanation.

That’s the problem with chain salons. They rely on clients being taken in by the hype and too embarrassed to complain. In your shoes, I’d have stopped them when two hairdressers tried to explain to the ‘apprentice’ what to do. That demonstrates that the person doing your hair wasn’t confident enough to just get on with it.

If a hairdresser needs support from a couple of their colleagues before carrying out the service, that demonstrates that they’re not fully competent to work on their own yet and so they shouldn’t be charging you full price to be their guinea pig. That’s very cheeky in my book. Did they offer you any explanation as to why they were using you for training purposes?

A good creative colourist is a rare find and usually, you only get one at most in a salon, (more often they’re just mediocre at colouring).

Thanks I went back and they agreed the colour was awfull as it has started to go green and they agreed to fix it free of charge which is only right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Thanks I went back and they agreed the colour was awfull as it has started to go green and they agreed to fix it free of charge which is only right

I'm delighted OP, let us know how the fix turns out!

Advertisement