Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sole trader to i need to register for revenue etc ?

Options
  • 07-09-2018 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I have registered my business name, and im operational. thou one question do i need to register for revenue as self employed didnt see any section regarding that.

Reason i ask is because by the end of the year ill prob will make few hundred euro, as it will take 1-2 years for business to pickup if it succeeds, as im running it from home i dont really want to deal with any additional checks from revenue etc, as might get part time work soon, as this will be slow going venture.

Now ill be keeping records expenses and receipts for future, but is there any point in registering anything now besides business name which i got done.

input appreciated as always.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

scamalert wrote: »
    I have registered my business name, and im operational. thou one question do i need to register for revenue as self employed didnt see any section regarding that.

Reason i ask is because by the end of the year ill prob will make few hundred euro, as it will take 1-2 years for business to pickup if it succeeds, as im running it from home i dont really want to deal with any additional checks from revenue etc, as might get part time work soon, as this will be slow going venture.

Now ill be keeping records expenses and receipts for future, but is there any point in registering anything now besides business name which i got done.

input appreciated as always.

If your extra income is less than €5k you can just include it on a Form 12. If earning more you will need to register for self assessment.

Advertisement