Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CBD Ireland

Options
  • 07-09-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. I know its a bit of a grey area, but does anybody the exact legal requirements to sell CBD oil online in Ireland? That is, CBD with <0.2% THC. I am aware it is not classed as a controlled drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act, if within the requirements. But would a retailer need a license to sell? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

No license necessary. Yet. I'm sure the scumbags will find a way to skim off of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭patnor1011

sholt0321 wrote: »
    Hi. I know its a bit of a grey area, but does anybody the exact legal requirements to sell CBD oil online in Ireland? That is, CBD with <0.2% THC. I am aware it is not classed as a controlled drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act, if within the requirements. But would a retailer need a license to sell? Thanks in advance!

Plenty of CBD vape oil on sale in Ireland. My favourite is hempture variety however the price is way too high for me to enjoy it more often. I try to buy it when they offer deals like buy two get third free but still quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MillerKl

What part of Ireland are you referring to? As far as I remember, England never signed a consent to the open use of cannabis. You can buy all the accessories and even seeds, but no one will openly sell CBD to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

CBD is not a controlled drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act and a licence is not required to possess it or sell it. THC is controlled under the acts and there is no permitted level. It's a recurring trope among a certain community but anybody who says a THC level of up 0.2% is legal is wrong. On extraction if CBD contains any THC it is illegal. It's not a grey area, it's crystal clear.

Advertisement