Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage gift to family member

Options
  • 07-09-2018 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I am considering helping a family member with a gift of about 20,000.  What is involved in this process.  I read on a different forum, the bank may ask to see MY Bank Statement. Is this correct?  

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

hillbloom wrote: »
    I am considering helping a family member with a gift of about 20,000.  What is involved in this process.  I read on a different forum, the bank may ask to see MY Bank Statement. Is this correct?  

The bank may want to see that you have it. Youll just have to sign a form relinquishing any claim against the property in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

hillbloom wrote: »
    Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

This would be dealt with on a case by case basis. I'd ask your family member to contact their mortgage adviser and they'll be able to have a look into their application to see exactly what is needed. 
    Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

Advertisement