Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidental Cover Query

• 08-09-2018 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

i was just checking my house insurance details and

Building Cover : Fire specified cover and Accidental Damage

Contents Cover : Fire and Specified Cover Excluding Accidental Damage

Can someone explain i do have Accidental Cover but not with contents does this mean if something happens the contents there not insured just the Structure of the House ?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Very unusual that Buildings and Contents would have different cover, but it can happen

As long as there is a monetary sum insured for contents, they are covered for loss from stated causes. Specified cover (often called specified perils) usually include Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Storm, Impact, Burst Pipes, Theft, Riot, Ciivil Commotion and Theft. It is important to note that this is a menu and you might not have them all. The exact ones should be highlighted on you schedule and detailed elsewhere in the policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

torrevieja wrote: »
    i

Contents Cover : Fire and Specified Cover Excluding Accidental Damage

Can someone explain i do have Accidental Cover but not with contents does this mean if something happens the contents there not insured just the Structure of the House ?

Thanks in Advance

Regarding the "excluding accidental damage" cover it is possible that you are not covered if someone knocks over the TV and damages it for example.

However if the house burns down then the contents are covered.

Talk to the insurer to clarify what cover you actually have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

thanks guys got my insurance 120 euro cheaper then my previous insurer said he would match last year price but this offer was still 85 euro cheaper :D

Advertisement