Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please - Sim only

Options
  • 08-09-2018 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I haven’t had to look into plans for many years now as I have a work phone with unlimited everything. My daughter is 12 and I want to give her one of my old phones (IPhone 6). The phone is Vodafone so I got her a SIM card and we currently do a simple €10 top up every couple of weeks and then convert €5 to 1GB of data. The calls and texts however are monstrously expensive! I have asked work to get the phone unlocked to open up my options which is grand and I should get the code in the next day or so. Excuse my ignorance now but is unlocking quite straightforward and does it mean I can then get a SIM from any operator?!
    I then need advice on a good plan please, she needs a decent amount of data but I also want her to have calls and a decent amount of texts. I was looking on switcher and for €15 per month bill pay SIM only, Lycamobile seem to have unlimited calls and texts and 25GB data. This seems ideal but also sounds too good to be true! Am I missing something?!, can somebody point me in the right direction please?!! Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi all. I haven’t had to look into plans for many years now as I have a work phone with unlimited everything. My daughter is 12 and I want to give her one of my old phones (IPhone 6). The phone is Vodafone so I got her a SIM card and we currently do a simple €10 top up every couple of weeks and then convert €5 to 1GB of data. The calls and texts however are monstrously expensive! I have asked work to get the phone unlocked to open up my options which is grand and I should get the code in the next day or so. Excuse my ignorance now but is unlocking quite straightforward and does it mean I can then get a SIM from any operator?!
    I then need advice on a good plan please, she needs a decent amount of data but I also want her to have calls and a decent amount of texts. I was looking on switcher and for €15 per month bill pay SIM only, Lycamobile seem to have unlimited calls and texts and 25GB data. This seems ideal but also sounds too good to be true! Am I missing something?!, can somebody point me in the right direction please?!! Many thanks

Once unlocked you can buy a sim from any network.

Have a look at the Vodafone Data user plan. Seems to be the best value around at the moment.

You need to port the number out to another network to port her back to Vodafone as it's only available for new customers porting in and only available via the northern Ireland sales team in Belfast -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107784419&postcount=1066

And how to make €40 last 3 months
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107964434&postcount=1247

Advertisement