Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited FTTH

• 08-09-2018 9:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm an Eir FTTH broadband customer for approx 9 months and would like to discuss my contract and the fact that my unlimited broadband is in fact capped at 1TB yet new customers can avail of a totally unlimited uncapped service. I too would llike to avail of this totally unlimited cap free service.

Decoda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paul29163

Decoda wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm an Eir FTTH broadband customer for approx 9 months and would like to discuss my contract and the fact that my unlimited broadband is in fact capped at 1TB yet new customers can avail of a totally unlimited uncapped service. I too would llike to avail of this totally unlimited cap free service.

Decoda
    Hi,

As with Decoda above, I would also like to avail of Uncapped unlimited OR Unlimited Uncapped service. Customer for over 10 years now and  shocked with this deception,

Paul H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Decoda wrote: »
    Hi,

Decoda

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I was waiting on confirmation from senior management before confirming.

I can now confirm you can avail of our unlimited plan through our customer care team on 1901. They have been briefed on this and will now be processing the relevant changes upon your request. It is important to note that this is not an automatic change over therefore you will need to request this via 1901. Our representatives will address any queries you may have and also brief you on the exact procedure.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Thanks for the update Tracey. I tried to contact Eir this afternoon via 1901 but had to give up after 22 minutes on hold. I'll try again in the morning.

Decoda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Tracey,

Just spent 14 minutes waiting after dialing 1901 only for the customer rep to say that there is nothing that can be done for the removal of the cap for existing customers. The only way for my cap to be removed is for me to change packages and start a new 18 month contract. The customer rep is not aware of any changes allowing existing customers to avail of a totally unlimited broadband service without creating a new contract.

Can you clarify what changes are proposed for existing customers and if a new contract is required?

Regards

Decoda 

Advertisement