Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that the middle (88) Roy Keane looks better than the 90 Roy Keane

I'd go for the prime..better passing/dribbling/defense while only losing 2 pace.
    To be honest the whole icon thing needs to be rejigged.
    Baby icons are barely better than normal cards and cost upto 10 or 20 times more if not more thanks to that SBC.
    Either reduce card ratings again to more normal ratings or increase Icons again and drop the different icons.
    For the price of Keane I bought Fabinho, Sanchez and Lingard's CL cards and still have 300k left over on PC.
    What's even more ridiculous is those 3 players could never play a CL game and still get upto 7 upgrades if their teams make it to the finals of either the CL or the Europa cup. I'm not complaining but it makes a mockery of icon cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

We don't know how the CL cards are upgraded yet. They might not get upgraded if they don't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

RossieMan wrote: »
    We don't know how the CL cards are upgraded yet. They might not get upgraded if they don't play.

We do, Hogey posted a link how they work a few pages back. They get upgraded even if they don't play. And if they get knocked out and progress through a round of the Europa they get upgraded too.

I know it says that when the team progresses they'll upgrade, but when have EA ever stuck to their word?

Icons are only artificially increased because of that stupid SBC. They can never do them right which is a shame.

There's no way they can't not upgrade them after specifically and very detailed calling out how they can upgrade.

EA indicates this FUT campaign is about “team success.” Players will get upgrades throughout the campaign at different stages for their teams. For Champions League those stages are: advancing to the Knockout Stage, winning the first part of the Round of 16, getting to the Quarter-Final, getting into the Semi-Final, advancing to the Final, and of course, winning the Final.
    In the Europa League, the upgrades take place at the same points, although it happens after a team advances to the Round of 16 (rather than winning the first leg).
    The great thing about this campaign is that if you have a player on a team that advances, that player doesn’t have to even play in his team’s game for the upgrade to occur. That allows the player to get a nice boost for the FIFA 19 game as this promotion continues forth.

This is why I bought Fabinho..he probably won't even play for Liverpool in the CL but he's going to get upgrades :)
    Sanchez is absolutely unreal. He's only around 170k to buy and is basically a cheaper and faster Van Dijk.
    If you have Van Dijk's IF card just sell it and buy Sanchez who will get upgrades during the season. It's a no brainer.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    There's no way they can't not upgrade them after specifically and very detailed calling out how they can upgrade.

Sanchez is absolutely unreal. He's only around 170k to buy and is basically a cheaper and faster Van Dijk.
    If you have Van Dijk's IF card just sell it and buy Sanchez who will get upgrades during the season. It's a no brainer.

Or get both :-P
    Just had a player fitness card bought for 5k :pac:

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Or get both :-P
    Just had a player fitness card bought for 5k :pac:

You’ll get banned for that with the way EA are cracking down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Full FAQ on the champions league live players here.
    Yes they do get upgraded if the team progress and they don’t play.
    Secondly, if they finish 3rd in champions league group and qualify for Europa league, they will be converted to a Europa league card, they won’t get the initial upgrade for reaching Europa league knockout stage, but will get upgrades as they progress through each round after.

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/news/fifa-ultimate-team-road-to-final-faq

Sorry now I sold my Nacho card for 71k.
    He’s already increased to 90k as more and more people cop on how these cards work.
    He’s with Real so more likely he’ll get at least 3-4 upgrades.

You’ll get banned for that with the way EA are cracking down :)

They'd be doing me a favour :pac:

• Advertisement

Sorry now I sold my Nacho card for 71k.
    He’s already increased to 90k as more and more people cop on how these cards work.
    He’s with Real so more likely he’ll get at least 3-4 upgrades.

I might get Sanchez now too before people figure out he’ll continue to get upgrades in Europa league.
    But realistically you’re not getting any upgrades until late February/early March as spurs will surely be in Europa League so he’ll miss the first upgrade and then needs to get to final 16 for first upgrade.
    By March you’d wonder what type of cards would be available elsewhere?
    But would the 200k for the Sanchez card be worth it? Staying as an 86 til March? It sounds like it might be?

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I might get Sanchez now too before people figure out he’ll continue to get upgrades in Europa league.
    But realistically you’re not getting any upgrades until late February/early March as spurs will surely be in Europa League so he’ll miss the first upgrade and then needs to get to final 16 for first upgrade.
    By March you’d wonder what type of cards would be available elsewhere?
    But would the 200k for the Sanchez card be worth it? Staying as an 86 til March? It sounds like it might be?

I think it would be. It’s already an 86 rated card.
    Van Dijk’s card will drop in but Sanchez’s is half the price for a faster version of him and will increase.

Strange promotion then.

Has Sanchez defensive position been sorted with the upgrade? His gold card was awful for getting caught out of position, I wasn't the only one having this problem with him.

I think it would be. It’s already an 86 rated card.
    Van Dijk’s card will drop in but Sanchez’s is half the price for a faster version of him and will increase.

Went for it. Cheers. 195k. Will give him a try now in weekend league.
    He could be 50k cheaper later or 50k dearer, no idea what way it’ll go initially but I think these cards will rise once people cop on how they work and I’m in need of a centre back.
    I’d like Fabinho too but would have to sell a few IFs to get him. I’ll see Later

RossieMan wrote: »
    Strange promotion then.

Has Sanchez defensive position been sorted with the upgrade? His gold card was awful for getting caught out of position, I wasn't the only one having this problem with him.

I've never had these problems with his normal card myself, maybe mess around with custom tactics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've got Van Dijk and Bailly, and might shift Bailly on rather than Van Dijk. Van Dijk has such a bloody presence, its unreal.

Best chem style for Fabinho and Sanchez?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've got Van Dijk and Bailly, and might shift Bailly on rather than Van Dijk. Van Dijk has such a bloody presence, its unreal.

Standard bailly card is it?

Looking at upgrading otamendi or David luiz.

Also I have ederson in goals but also have a few if pickfords knocking around my club through investments should I try him out or stick with ederson?

Best chem style for Fabinho and Sanchez?

Shadow for Sanchez anyway.
    If you don’t have any shadow at the moment, anchor probably would be next I’d choose.

If you go to futbin it shows you the exact boost each chem gives.

IF Bailly.

Ugh. The effect KDB has on my team is instantly noticeable. I've gone from three straight wins with him to four straight LOSSES. And while I know some don't believe in such things, the effect it's had dragging the entire team down is laughably noticeable. My defenders are suddenly scattered, DDG is batting balls he should be catching right to attackers for tap ins, and no passes are coming off at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Whats people's opinions on potm Aub?

I think i prefer the base card.

Seriously considering selling the base card and rolling with lacazette and jesus for a couple of weeks and buying after potm is up. Will he return to the 250k price tag after sbc?

Yea he'll probably be less after a couple of days. He'll probably even fall below 200k during black Friday events.

Anyone else having horrendous lag spikes today or is it just my connection?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyone else having horrendous lag spikes today or is it just my connection?

I was having some yesterday anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20181110-122244.jpg

5 million Mark!!!! My black friday funds up to 3.5 million now and have another 500k in my team that I probably won't sell.

Second player fitness sold for max BIN today :pac:

Just Incase anyone missed them, there’s 2 futswap players in weekly objectives, both easy enough to get.

Also a Europa League path to final Tah but after you get the player you then have to do an sbc.
    Not worth the effort for me as don’t have bundesliga team so would take a fair bit of time to get the 10 wins with goals from bundesliga player.
    I could do it, just not worth the time

Second player fitness sold for max BIN today :pac:

3rd one now, lads get on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

First game of the day against a guy with Neymar, Mbappe and Potm Lucas up front. All he does is 180 degree through balls between the three and any time I intercept them my players react like they've been hit with a train and take a heavy touch to allow him to have it again.

All his shots were straight at my keeper: 2 of them deflected off neto into the net and Neto saved another 3 times in a row before it went straight back to him for the 4th time.

It went to penalties despite me having 2 1 on 1s hit the post in extra time and I won it despite me aiming down the middle but my player deciding to conveniently shoot to whichever side his keeper dove to :mad::rolleyes:

Anyway 9-3 and according to the leaderboard I just passed 1 million transfer profit which is the first time I've managed to do it before Christmas without a 100k+ pack pull.

The Auba Sbc has cut a good bit of value off my tradepile as people seem to be undercutting each other but it'll probably bounce back after the initial rush of people do him.

• Advertisement

11-11 in weekend league.
    Hopefully get the 3 wins needed from remaining 8 to get the 2 player picks.
    Burnt out on fifa at moment so will come back to it later or tomorrow.

Aubemeyang potm played in 14 of those games for me and got 12 goals and 9 assists.
    Very happy with him, had been using his base card for last 2 weeks and he took a bit of getting used to but flying with him since, those shots from outside the box!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement