Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Finished gold 2 and got Rondon and Hector

Never trying hard again

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

went for untradeable in the rivals, second rare players pack I got if Szczęsny and thought crap should have gone tradable and then I realized I would have got second pack if I did so happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Took the money I got 65k :):)

Got Robertson in my player picks and this to was my best card pull from weekend league rewards oh and inform rondon. Happy enough I spose.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hector
    Sels
    Alemedia.

Jesus, what a horrid selection.

Bugger, I just chose Almedia, but I should have taken Hector to keep my Red Budesliga team I’ll never seriously use going.

Hector is Bundesliga 2. :)

EDIT: Already mentioned. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Player pick 1 - Rondon, almeida or sels, chose rondon

Player pick 2 - plea, hector or almeida, chose plea.

Absolutely nothing in packs either, but disappointing after all the effort those wl games take.
    Will play this weekend as international break so no soccer on tv but might take a break for a week or 2 then.
    I’d have been better off playing the rivals matches to get Tah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Blazer wrote: »
    Kante...a little terrier in midfield.

Christ packs were awful this morning.
    Morata my highest rated player.
    Think it will be cash from now on.

Went for Kante, looking forward to trying him out tonight.

Im convinced pack odds are better at the start of the year. Got nothing in recent weeks so took the coins today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dumping Walker and going back to Muenier whos a far better RB.
    Which means I've to dump otw Fred and get UCL Dembele.
    Was thinking of getting rid of KBD and getting Mkhitaryan but KBDs stats are fantastic, 14 games 8 goals and 13 assists.
    He's basically carrying my forward line of Hazard and Aub.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Was playing squad battles most of the time and switched to Rivals in the last week or so. I now know how bad I am at this game. In mid-table mediocrity in Div 6. I have some terrible habits - always passing out from back, keep trying to make the same pass, switching to the wrong person (trying to use the right stick instead of button) & the worst one is taking my own players out of position. Although I am improving slowly, got a few wins last night. On the plus side have traded to 1.8m in the bank.

Had this happen to me last night,yer man had POTM Hazard, Auba & Lucas up top (Lucas got sent off and I managed to win 2-1)

nevelator wrote: »
    Was playing squad battles most of the time and switched to Rivals in the last week or so. I now know how bad I am at this game. In mid-table mediocrity in Div 6. I have some terrible habits - always passing out from back, keep trying to make the same pass, switching to the wrong person (trying to use the right stick instead of button) & the worst one is taking my own players out of position. Although I am improving slowly, got a few wins last night. On the plus side have traded to 1.8m in the bank.

Had this happen to me last night,yer man had POTM Hazard, Auba & Lucas up top (Lucas got sent off and I managed to win 2-1)

You should hang your head in shame and never play ultimate team again :):):)

nevelator wrote: »

The best way to get better is probably to stop playing squad battles, as you said yourself, it gives you so many bad habits, and the rewards aren’t brilliant for playing up to 45 matches over the week, you’d get much better rewards and improve your gameplay by focusing on rivals.

There’s a YouTube clip a couple of pages back with David meylers custom tactics, try those too as it should help keep your players in the correct positions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That gameplay looks so slow? The ball looks like it weights a ton!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The best way to get better is probably to stop playing squad battles, as you said yourself, it gives you so many bad habits, and the rewards aren’t brilliant for playing up to 45 matches over the week, you’d get much better rewards and improve your gameplay by focusing on rivals.

There’s a YouTube clip a couple of pages back with David meylers custom tactics, try those too as it should help keep your players in the correct positions

Yeah, I watched that and tweaked some things, like forwards getting in behind - didn't realise he was a "Youtuber". I hadn't touched custom tactics before then and was frustrated that my forwards were not making any runs. When playing the opponents would be darting forward like red arrows whereas with my forwards it was like looking into a field of thistles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I actually had a decent player pick - Szczesny :)

After disaster of the packs lately had few 84's and one IF (Gignac) from packs.

Anyone played with 89 Socrates? He looks perfect for a number 10 im thinking of putting him behind Ronaldo when I buy back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Got Szczesny from player pick. Have his last inform as well. Be useful for an SBC sometime I guess.

Sold most of my gold players off last week Kane, Sane, Eirksen, Matic, Van Dijk and D.Snachez.

I have a much weaker side now but I'm gonna give WL a go with it and see what sort of difference it makes to my final positioning.

My main aim is to have enough for a decent icon by the end of next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm switching back to 4-2-4

I find with the strikers and wingers set to "Stay forward", it gives so, so many out balls for counter attacks. I started getting annoyed with how narrow the 41212 is, and while Hazard and Auba do well, the lack of width up front is something I enjoy having.

Just noticed my untradeable Scream Deeney currently has 91 pace and 90 shot :O

Icon sbc 1 has expired, wonder will there be a new one at 6 and will they cut out the requirement to have an icon

Hogey007 wrote:
    Icon sbc 1 has expired, wonder will there be a new one at 6 and will they cut out the requirement to have an icon

No chance for any half usable icons. They might have done that for the crappy icons perhaps.
    They could possibly even go up more.

Marquee matchups almost there. Can't wait to open some silver packs and 5k gold packs :)

They dropped another one. Icon required.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    No chance for any half usable icons. They might have done that for the crappy icons perhaps.
    They could possibly even go up more.

They have added new ones but yeah an icon is needed. I thought for the likes of zanetti who’s in this one they might have made it cheaper, he was so easy to get last year through sbc
    https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1063129543567757312?s=21

wonski wrote: »
    Marquee matchups almost there. Can't wait to open some silver packs and 5k gold packs :)

Wasn't far off :)

Wasn't far off :)

Haha, they’re gone so bad now I’m not even sure if it’s worth the 10mins it takes to go through them.

Icons are pretty much out of reach for most of the player base this year. Probably a good thing after how easy they were to get last year.

Haha, they’re gone so bad now I’m not even sure if it’s worth the 10mins it takes to go through them.

Unless you get to the one with 77 rating and max 3 clubs in squad...

What the hell... I have 1700 players, but will have to give up my Ajax squad to do it now...

What the hell... I have 1700 players, but will have to give up my Ajax squad to do it now...

Yeah that one was a bit trickier, I had a tonne of athletic club players so just used them.

Rewards were rubbish, apart from 1 silver that sold for 4k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Damn It EA just put Prime Shevchenko in one of these Icon SBC's already so I can throw my hard earned coins at you

Giggsy_ wrote:
    Damn It EA just put Prime Shevchenko in one of these Icon SBC's already so I can throw my hard earned coins at you

Why not just buy him off the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

I did it with 3 german clubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why not just buy him off the market?

I don’t imagine the price of his Icon SBC will reach 1,250,000 which is his price at on the market at the moment.

Would of been perfect to snap him up in today’s set at around 750k.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement