Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

RossieMan wrote: »
    But taking the coins is so boring! I think the only enjoyment I get in fifa anymore is opening the packs. I play the game to open more packs, it's a vicious circle.

WL is such a drag with my crap team, am sitting 8-1 but struggling to get the motivation to play.
    You're some windup merchant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    This dude is an absolute animal as a cam. When I first put him in the team I didn't have Ronaldo so I tried him as striker and I didn't like him at all so I move him to cam and he is unbelievable he has everything you want from a number 10 he is tall like really tall 6ft4, has great strength and 90 stamina. He scores 2 or 3 goals on average ever completed game and most and rockets from just inside box or long range.

20181117-103549.jpg

Us poor people have to make sure with prime Zola.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The last three weeks, I've taken the packs.

Cause I do think most weeks, the packs are a fun game of chance.

But some weeks, actually getting a top level card like Ronaldo is way more "fun" than getting a load of useless 81s :P

Mind, I've won 4 games on the bounce this morning now and am worried about changing my team up :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RossieMan wrote: »
    I've always been a seasons player. Was in the top 100 one year in ps4 I played so much. It wasnt a challenge. Still isn't. Walk to division 1 and stay there. UT for me is the challenge of trying to compete with the mega sides with whatever I can put together. This year has been my best start by miles. I've 1.3 million in the bank waiting for the crash to pick up Kante, varane and probably Mbappe to play ST beside Auba.

That's why UT is good I suppose, everyone can get their enjoyment out of it in different ways.

You were in top 100 of ultimate team one year I doubt that???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

You were in top 100 of ultimate team one year I doubt that???

Think he meant in seasons not UT. I was matching with top 100s after a freaky run last year on a Friday morning that set my elo high and I got battered for the majority of the day as I'm only gold 2 at best.. Not playing the WL as I have 0 time but I honestly am stuck in division 5 hell and unsure how to get out as its no craic not progressing

• Advertisement

Toobz wrote: »
    Think he meant in seasons not UT. I was matching with top 100s after a freaky run last year on a Friday morning that set my elo high and I got battered for the majority of the day as I'm only gold 2 at best.. Not playing the WL as I have 0 time but I honestly am stuck in division 5 hell and unsure how to get out as its no craic not progressing

Yeah I misread him top 100 of seasons is a decent old achievement haha. Only game I was in the top sections of was call of duty back in the modern warfare days was always ranked in top 100 every month I just burnt myself out then got fed up of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Yeah I misread him top 100 of seasons is a decent old achievement haha. Only game I was in the top sections of was call of duty back in the modern warfare days was always ranked in top 100 every month I just burnt myself out then got fed up of it.

That's class, The amount of hate messages must have been unreal!

seasons is a lot easier than FUT. No bull**** scripting.
    Try Real Madrid/Barcelona in FUT and compare to them in Seasons...like night and day.
    I got so pissed off with FUT back in 16 that I started playing seasons and it was cakewalk all the way to div1. Its how FUT should be without all the AI crap and "momentum" or scripting as we call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    seasons is a lot easier than FUT. No bull**** scripting. Try Real Madrid/Barcelona in FUT and compare to them in Seasons...like night and day. I got so pissed off with FUT back in 16 that I started playing seasons and it was cakewalk all the way to div1. Its how FUT should be without all the AI crap and "momentum" or scripting as we call it.

Exactly. Seasons is no challenge though and gets boring. It's just rage quit after rage quit. Hardly any decent gameplay. UT in WL is actually pretty good. Rivals is just sweat merchant one after another.

Toobz wrote: »
    That's class, The amount of hate messages must have been unreal!

Donno what it's like now but cod back then had the most septic online users possible fifa doesn't come close to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »

Mind, I've won 4 games on the bounce this morning now and am worried about changing my team up :S

I’m beginning to think you’re reranked after every 5 games in weekend league.
    I’m average at this game, no point in saying otherwise, I’ve won between 12-15 games every time in weekend league this year, but they always come in batches, I don’t win, lose, win, lose etc, I could win 4 from 5 and then only win 1 from next 5.

I noticed it as the last 2 weeks I started brightly with 4 wins from 5 (possibly 3 from 5 on 1week)
    I then proceeded to lose 5 on the bounce.
    Game 11, thumped the person.
    Absolutely identical this week, 4 wins from 5, then the standard of opponent was insane and I lost 5! Game 11, win 5-1, and 3 straight wins in a row now.
    The standard of opponent has so noticeably dropped, I bet once I get to game 16 I’ll only win 1 or 2 maximum from games 16-20.

In the first 2 weekend leagues I started the opposite, dreadful starts but clawed it back from games 6-10.

Is anyone with similar finishes, 12-15 wins finding they win in bursts or is it more spread out, win here, win there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Thinking of selling Kante and replacing him with Pogba, Kante was great in CDM but now he doesn't do anything in the current formation. Anyone have any use with Pogba?

mw70nr.jpg

Edit: Or could do baby Ballack.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I’m beginning to think you’re reranked after every 5 games in weekend league.
    I’m average at this game, no point in saying otherwise, I’ve won between 12-15 games every time in weekend league this year, but they always come in batches, I don’t win, lose, win, lose etc, I could win 4 from 5 and then only win 1 from next 5.

I noticed it as the last 2 weeks I started brightly with 4 wins from 5 (possibly 3 from 5 on 1week)
    I then proceeded to lose 5 on the bounce.
    Game 11, thumped the person.
    Absolutely identical this week, 4 wins from 5, then the standard of opponent was insane and I lost 5! Game 11, win 5-1, and 3 straight wins in a row now.
    The standard of opponent has so noticeably dropped, I bet once I get to game 16 I’ll only win 1 or 2 maximum from games 16-20.

In the first 2 weekend leagues I started the opposite, dreadful starts but clawed it back from games 6-10.

Is anyone with similar finishes, 12-15 wins finding they win in bursts or is it more spread out, win here, win there?

5 wins in a row now, on 9-6.

Hope my theory is wrong now as I enter games 16-20

Hogey007 wrote: »

Yeah, I'd agree with you.

Went 2-8 yesterday, and am now 8-10. Yesterday, absolutely nothing seemed to go my way. Every game, I was getting overrun. This morning, even the two losses were games I was on the front foot for most of them.

On track for my usual 11 wins anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

First WL this season, gone 7-8 finding it a bit of a slog so far. Out of the wins once I've gone 2 up the opponents are just disconnecting. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Yeah I find wl similar to Hogey as well. Usually my first 15 will make gold 1 look easily achievable and then my win rate will fall off a cliff for the second 15.

9-2 after my first 11 this week which is really good since I sold all my tradeables apart from IF Payet. Potm Reus has been tearing teams apart for me and I've gotten about 4 or 5 rage quits because of his finesse shots :D

I open a couple of bronze packs after each match and it's really paying off. In one pack I got a rare ligue 2 player who sold for a thousand and a Juventus lb who sold for 6k. That's more than I usually make off of my wl packs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's the first year they've actually detailed how it's done. On the phone at the moment, but I'm sure a quick Google will find the article.

10-13

Quite easy to get though the weekend when you just quit out games that are obviously bs-ing with you :P

Ah cool yeah, found it cheers, it’s item 24 on this link for anyone else

https://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-19-weekend-league-frequently-asked-questions/

I’m 11-8 now so if I understand it correctly I’m on +3 form and will be paired against another +3 next.

That’s the quickest I’ve got to 11 and I have to say I took so much satisfaction from that last win.

Won on penalties after a 4-4 draw but opponent was an absolute bell end! He lead 3 times and each time did that stupid dance, watched his replays then paused the game to invite me to rage quit. Started wasting time each time he lead, taking maximum time for every stoppage to try annoy me.
    I hit the post at 4-4 in the last attack of extra time so was sure he’d win on pens, got so much joy from beating him :D

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Thinking of selling Kante and replacing him with Pogba, Kante was great in CDM but now he doesn't do anything in the current formation. Anyone have any use with Pogba?

mw70nr.jpg

Edit: Or could do baby Ballack.

SWap him with Fabinho...Kante does better getting forward in the CM role as he as more pace than Fab.
    Try that first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

This is their official statement

Matchmaking
    There has been some confusion regarding matchmaking in FUT Champions in the past, so we wanted to provide some insight into this and help explain the system.

The first important goal for FUT Champions is to ensure that every weekend is a clean slate for players to compete for wins and rewards. To do this, we use something called ‘form’ as a key driver of matchmaking in each Weekend League.

Everyone starts each weekend fresh at zero form, moving up or down with each win or loss. In football terms, match form of W/L/W/W/W would result in a +3 form. Players with similar form are then paired in matchmaking.

The result is that players that are better than average in the Weekend League (which is already a very skilled group of players) will quickly boost their form. The higher their form gets, the more challenging the competition becomes. Only the best of the best can consistently beat players with high form and attain Elite and Top 100 status.

The second key piece to matchmaking is location. Players are matched based on their location and proximity to our dedicated game servers to ensure quality matches.

I'm not sure if there is more to it like some sort of individual player form like Pro Evo does because I've seen players go from world beaters to couldn't hit water if they fell from a boat in the space of one game.

Alot of people quit weekend league games early if you go 2 nil up inside 20 minutes chances are they will quit I played something like 9 games last night in hour and half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Should have registered for the weekend league this weekend would have gotten around 20 games played.

Ah well to late now!

Or as per above your keeper saves everything one game then throws the ball in the back of the net the next

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Should have registered for the weekend league this weekend would have gotten around 20 games played.

Ah well to late now!

Or as per above your keeper saves everything one game then throws the ball in the back of the net the next

Yeah, I had a game earlier where My keeper made seven or eight absolutely insane saves, to the point I was laughing so hard at it. If I had been the other guy, I’d have been fuming. It was so obvious the game was like “no, no goals for you”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

10-8 atm. Gonna continue again later tonight....playing some good football, but my wingers don’t score nearly as much as I’d like them to. Set myself a minimum target of Gold 3, which I think is 14 wins? I’ll push for Gold 2 if I’ve enough time

I always register to play every weekend regardless if I can play the games or not.
    Last weekend I was on nights so hence only played for 4 wins. That still got me a few packs and 500 points for following weekend which is very easy to make up.
    This weekend I’m hoping to get to either 8 or 11 wins etc as there will never be a weekend I get time to play all 30 games.

I’ve had 5 instances today where de gea has just stood static instead of picking up the ball, last one cost me the match.

finished now in 25 minutes, rip home, run in the door, say hi and bye to the kids and pack them off to bed and should be testing out Zola by 7.30pm at the latest.
    Its a sad thing when you're more excited about getting to play with a legend than seeing your own kids ...but hell I see them every day..

Blazer wrote: »
    finished now in 25 minutes, rip home, run in the door, say hi and bye to the kids and pack them off to bed and should be testing out Zola by 7.30pm at the latest.
    Its a sad thing when you're more excited about getting to play with a legend than seeing your own kids ...but hell I see them every day..

That's stamina tho 76 for a cam I'd have him ran ragged by the hour mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

12-12 so far. Far fewer disconnects in the last few games. 6 games to get two wins tomorrow with a hangover. Using a Spanish team and bought godin. Seems to have tightened up the defence a nice bit for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement