Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Current set up is ..

Ederson
    Pereira David luiz stones SBC Alonso
    David Silva matic swap deal lalana
    Ozil
    UCL sane and lacca or Werner.

Have 650k in the bank but wouldn't want to spend it all.

And suggestions on where to spend it best?

I fancy a solid canter half and feel I need another holding mid and don't really like ozil.

Lacca does score for me but don't really like him I feel my play style would benefit from a target man with sane.

All help is greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I'd go with Tottenham's Sanchez at cb and Fabinho in the midfield. Not too sure about a target man but last year I used Arnautovic's IF and it was great. He's only 40k now so you could get all 3 for about 150k.

Up to 11-2 now. Last match against a guy who sprinted with his bailly to intercept everything and was beating me 1-0. His Bailly was dead on his feet at 60 mins though and he quit at 75 when it was 4-1 to me :pac:

The only downside to Reus is his stamina. I hope he gets another potm so it might get upgraded closer to 80 at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah I donno how people manage players with low stamina. I won't put anyone in my team unless they over 80 if I had any lower they be all on red at hour mark.

The only way I can manage Reus is by swapping him for Flashback goetze at 65 mins. I used to start both but half my midfield would be dead a couple of minutes in to the second half.

Went to play a game during half time of the Ireland match and quit 3-0 down after 15 in game minutes. My untradeable defense who've been decent so far decided the guy with IF Werner and Potm Aubamayang was the game to ignore my custom tactics and defend the half way line like it was the edge of the box :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

TOTW not looking too great for next week... chose the wrong week to do it. Forgot about international break!! Although there’s a potential for TOTW Valencia, 1 goal + cs in a 2-0 win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Zola is awesome. WL however is bull****. I’m playing against players who can barely string 2 passes together and they beat me. One game I hit keeper, defenders, woodwork and it bounced back to his player every single time. I get a clean break theough midfield and the referee coc blocks me. He gets a single shot at goals at the very end and despite 10 players within a yard of the ball it falls to his player. Stupid stupid game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Blazer wrote: »
    Zola is awesome. WL however is bull****. I’m playing against players who can barely string 2 passes together and they beat me. One game I hit keeper, defenders, woodwork and it bounced back to his player every single time. I get a clean break theough midfield and the referee coc blocks me. He gets a single shot at goals at the very end and despite 10 players within a yard of the ball it falls to his player. Stupid stupid game.

Just had the same every ****ing game. Had 9 corners and 21 shots to his 5 shots in total :)

89 and 90 minutes he scores, lost 3:2.

He had 2 shots, zero on goal in first half. His Buffon 9 saves, mine 2 :)

Will park the bus from now on to prevent these picks from passing the ball across the entire length of the pitch and catch me off guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Current set up is ..

Ederson
    Ozil

I fancy a solid canter half and feel I need another holding mid and don't really like ozil.

Lacca does score for me but don't really like him I feel my play style would benefit from a target man with sane.

Could you try 4321 and get a RW or something to get all on full chem?

5 players I hate facing are Firmihno, Fabihno, Van Dijk, Sanchez, POTM Aubemeang

If you can get any of them into the team it would be an instant upgrade.

I seen a team today with all the above and POTM Hazard and POTM Lucas and I quit out before it even started. There was no point playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Blazer wrote: »

Had the same today where I went around the keeper 3 times in the same game and hit the post everytime. Had 11 shots on target to his 3 and lost 3-2.

Rage mode was activated

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Current set up is ..

Ederson
    Ozil

Could you try 4321 and get a RW or something to get all on full chem?

5 players I hate facing are Firmihno, Fabihno, Van Dijk, Sanchez, POTM Aubemeang

If you can get any of them into the team it would be an instant upgrade.

I seen a team today with all the above and POTM Hazard and POTM Lucas and I quit out before it even started. There was no point playing.

I had been playing with that with lacca up top sane left and potm Lucas right and it worked really well for a few weeks but failed me a few times this week so swapped to the current set up and finding it very good at the moment.

Think I'm gonna invest in Sanchez for Cb and fabiniho for cm and move lalana into ozils spot to see how it goes.

Might even pick up VVD as well but David luiz is unreadable and is doing a job so would find it hard to get rid of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Said to myself one final game but would go 4-2-4.
    Brought back in Sterling for RM with Hazard LM and Aub and Zola up front.
    Sterling hat trick in the game. Ran out 6-0.
    Goes again 5-2, and one more 4-1.
    Think I’ll stick with this formation for a while :)

Zola- 7 games (7 goals/ 7 assists)
    Playing him up front means he lasts for the entire game.
    His dribbling is absolutely unreal. Not even Potm Hazard holds a candle to the man. Plus his through balls are amazing.
    I’ve used Shearer, Van Basten, Lampard and Vieri and Zola is miles ahead of them. His finishing is on par with any of them and the hawk chem boosts his shot power to 99. In the box he ran rings around 3 defenders, was like the ball was just glued to his foot.
    If you have a spare 700-800k on I highly recommend getting his prime.

Was down 3-1 in the second half to a guy who just sprints with Rodrigo and sweats it to costa. I get it back to 3-3 and think I'll have the match handy enough. I hit the post twice, sweat it across goal except my player walks into the keeper despite me hitting shoot.

90th minute he panic clears it straight off my mbappe's face which somehow turns into a perfect through ball for Rodrigo that he hits off the post and results in another tap in for costa :mad:

11-4 now and just want to get to 17, get enough points for elite 1 in squad battles and then go back to Red Dead before players running away from passes while I'm on ultra attacking causes me to lose my sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Just received 6 Bundesliga players back. Where are the other 5???

Just received another 5 now.

Flash Sancho SBC might go live soon ;)

Went from 11-8 to 11-12. Coming up against players with 10x better squads than mine, icons, POTM etc etc. My forwards can’t score either...annoying ****

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Had been checking out kante’s price and generally around 375k,
    Just put the filter on to see the cheapest and one popped in at 59:59 for 360k, I panicked a little and bought.
    Ah he might go a little lower over next few days but if he helps me get gold ranking in weekend league remaining matches it’ll be worth the extra now.
    It was a fresh one too with no games played so always prefer that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Went 14 - 3 this WL but won't get to play anymore games. will definitely play the full 30 next week.

Anyone struggling, use Meylers tactics video, its been mentioned a few times. It's fantastic stuff.

Managed to pull it back again in my final game. 13-12. Just one win tomorrow and I’m grand... if I find the time to play!

Got up this morning finally load3d up Myles tactics and it won't let me load into a game???

Says it's temporarily disabled everyone else getting this??

Can't even play single player...

Won last 2 matches with kante so 14-10 now.

Currently have 670k with about another 400k I can get from investments.

Thoughts on the improvements please? Ideally I’d like to save for another couple of weeks and get an icon, either Best or Socrates?

But would I be better getting pogba in for dembele now? Obviously I know he’s better, but is he 400k better? CL matic is on bench
    Kdb is another I see mentioned a lot but I’m finding mkhitaryan “decent” and I always sub on SBC depay for him.

I have RTF Alonso too & untradeable CL umtitti.
    I could actually get varane and courtois and play them with umtitti but don’t want to change too much and very happy with Davinson Sanchez since I got him.

The 4-3-3 is only for chemistry, I switch 4-1-2-1-2 as soon as I kick off with hazard and aubemeyang upfront.

Sorry to anyone with a hungover head reading this essay :D I’ll wrap it up,

Pogba for dembele or hold on for icon?
    Or even Fabinho for dembele? And keep the bulk of my money?

28c0ruv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Get OTW Mahrez for RW. Lucas is actually crap. His card stats are good but he goes missing in games far too much.

Then dembele is the obvious other change if you don't want to change your defence.

Bailly and Sanchez are fine, but varane and umtiti with Courtois in goal is a far better defence.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Get OTW Mahrez for RW. Lucas is actually crap. His card stats are good but he goes missing in games far too much.

Then dembele is the obvious other change if you don't want to change your defence.

Bailly and Sanchez are fine, but varane and umtiti with Courtois in goal is a far better defence.

Cheers, I’ll keep an eye on courtois and varane over the next couple of days for prices.
    I’ll try them out in the next wl and if I like them I’d actually make money on that trio of umtitti-varane-courtois if I sell on DDG Sanchez and Bailly IF.

Mahrez is a good shout, I hadn’t really considered him, he’s bound to get another IF too On that OTW, I’ll leave that one a few days to play out as hoping to get enough futswap players for flashback Pedro who had very similar stats to mahrez. There’s also a chance sterling could get potm.

With varane it makes even more sense to get pogba for dembele as get that nice French link, I’ll monitor pogbas price closely

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Waiting to buy my team at the moment. I sold my players last Sunday night but should have waited until Thursday as their prices went up.

I'm thinking there'll be a bit of a crash tonight with folks selling their teams after Weekend League and preparing for Black Friday.

Entering a match is temporarily disabled so I'd say weekend league will be extended until tomorrow

jayo26 wrote: »
    Entering a match is temporarily disabled so I'd say weekend league will be extended until tomorrow

Not been a great week for fifa!
    The icon sbc shambles,
    Wrong country in marquee matchups
    Wrong position in sancho sbc and the subsequent disappearance of the sbc
    Banning traders for selling hector IF at 50k when that was the going rate (well this one is allegedly)
    Servers down on a Sunday effecting the weekend league, and those who play squad battles

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The icon sbc shambles,
    Banning traders for selling hector IF at 50k when that was the going rate (well this one is allegedly)
    Servers down on a Sunday effecting the weekend league, and those who play squad battles

You can't get into Squad Battles either?

The icon sbc shambles,

It be all forgotten about next week when lads are buying pa is left right and centre for black friday

You can't get into Squad Battles either?

Nope, all match creation disabled.

I have enough for my futswap player but was going to play a couple for the elite 2 rewards. I’m hovering in elite 3 so it’ll do.

Nope, all match creation disabled.

I have enough for my futswap player but was going to play a couple for the elite 2 rewards. I’m hovering in elite 3 so it’ll do.

Damn, wanted to play some Battles to get to Elite 2.

I presume most people are familiar with an app called fut alert?
    If not, get it if you’re trying to keep track of players over coming days.
    You basically put in the player you’re looking for and select at what price you want to get an alert/notification.

Eg. I have it set that if pogbas BIN goes under 400k I’ll get an alert.
    Have alerts on courtois, varane, otw mahrez & rtf Sterling too. (You can have 5 alerts on the free version)

• Advertisement

Match creation is back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement