Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lads anyone who has player fitness cards put them up 150 start and leave it at max BIN. Ive easily made 60-70k by doing this with people somehow managing to pay 5k for them. Most sell at 150 start but I've gotten lucky a lot of times. Much easier to do on the app too if you have a rake of them like I did. Might take a few cycles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh for buggers sake.

Last night when I checked, I had more than enough to get the futswap player from squad battles, but this morning, my rewards were for a level down. My rank must have dropped in the three hours between checking and squad battles ending. Balls. I know I should have just pushed through one more game but I didn’t think that man6 would play in the final three hours.

That’s Pedro gone for me then, yeah? I needed every player, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh for buggers sake.

Last night when I checked, I had more than enough to get the futswap player from squad battles, but this morning, my rewards were for a level down. My rank must have dropped in the three hours between checking and squad battles ending. Balls. I know I should have just pushed through one more game but I didn’t think that man6 would play in the final three hours.

That’s Pedro gone for me then, yeah? I needed every player, right?

Unfortunately yeah you needed them all for Pedro.
    Your only hope would be to go on live chat and click missing content, submit a case that you missed out on the futswap player because the servers were down for hours yesterday and you missed your games. Just say you couldn’t play when they came back as you were working etc,

No idea if it’ll work but for the sake of a 10min live chat it’s worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ShaneU wrote: »
    82 rated John Stones the best player I got in TWO rare mega packs in my Squad Battles "rewards" :mad:

Tried out the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic Meyler uses, I hate it. Two difficult to get the ball forward to your strikers without being intercepted. Prefer 4411 or 433(4) myself

You can still use the same custom tactics and instructions. I’ve switched to a 424 and still using them.

Was just picking up My usual discard IF’s from current totw and seen one of them is a hero card, it’s currently at 9.8k with a discard of 7.2.

It’s only 76 rated though, his name is jansson.

Picked one up as I remember a hero card being needed a couple of times in fifa 18 (was 1 the Neymar poty sbc?)

Obviously they won’t be required anytime soon with only 1 in the game so far but at 2.6k over discard it’s worth picking one up and leaving in your club if you have a good few k to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Played my first ever Weekend League this weekend. Usually don't have time for anymore than 10 games or so at the weekend so the qualification points have been sitting there for a while but had nothing on this weekend so cashed them in. I would consider myself a poor to average FIFA player. I know about 3 skill moves which I then rarely use and my team isn't great. Son, UCL Mertens & Winjaldum get subbed in for Martial, Ozil & Fred respectively.

466387.JPG

Managed to get to Silver 1 with 11 wins from 25 games. Played 5 games Friday night and started with 5 losses so wasn't holding out too much hope from there on out. First team had POTM Hazard, Auba & Lucas up top with Scholes & Lampard in midfield, at that stage was wondering what I had gotten myself into :pac:. I wanted to get to Gold 3 for the second player pick but just couldn't bring myself to play those remaining five games and try to gring out 3 wins.

I play FIFA for a bit of craic but Weekend League has to be one of the most toxic game modes to play. I never rage quite, just play games out but the way some people play would make me question ever qualifying for it again:

- Watching every single replay and doing those stuping long celebrations in the crowd.
    - Taking as long as possible over every set piece when winning to drain a few seconds.
    - One lad went 1-0 up in the 55th minute and proceeded to pass it around the back for the rest of the game. Even going with constant pressure I only managed to turn it over a few times and he was on Ultra Defensive so had his whole team back.
    - Non-stop full 40 second pauses constantly.
    - People quitting as soon as you go 2 or 3 nil up.

It's a video game, how can you get any enjoyment out of shlike that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So playing through the Journey story mode and I hopped into FUT to get my Chapter 1 rewards and I done a few of the starter objectives, got a 4 player gold pack and ended up packing a TOTW Rondon :D

Looks like everything I have so far is telling me to go with a Premier League team so I will start with that and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Anyone trying to get pedro and doesn't want to miss out here is a list of all players, another player in squad battles this week.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/9ug8rz/sticky_thread_for_futswap/

Frisbee wrote: »
    Played my first ever Weekend League this weekend. Usually don't have time for anymore than 10 games or so at the weekend so the qualification points have been sitting there for a while but had nothing on this weekend so cashed them in. I would consider myself a poor to average FIFA player. I know about 3 skill moves which I then rarely use and my team isn't great. Son, UCL Mertens & Winjaldum get subbed in for Martial, Ozil & Fred respectively.

466387.JPG

Managed to get to Silver 1 with 11 wins from 25 games. Played 5 games Friday night and started with 5 losses so wasn't holding out too much hope from there on out. First team had POTM Hazard, Auba & Lucas up top with Scholes & Lampard in midfield, at that stage was wondering what I had gotten myself into :pac:. I wanted to get to Gold 3 for the second player pick but just couldn't bring myself to play those remaining five games and try to gring out 3 wins.

I play FIFA for a bit of craic but Weekend League has to be one of the most toxic game modes to play. I never rage quite, just play games out but the way some people play would make me question ever qualifying for it again:

- Watching every single replay and doing those stuping long celebrations in the crowd.
    - Taking as long as possible over every set piece when winning to drain a few seconds.
    - One lad went 1-0 up in the 55th minute and proceeded to pass it around the back for the rest of the game. Even going with constant pressure I only managed to turn it over a few times and he was on Ultra Defensive so had his whole team back.
    - Non-stop full 40 second pauses constantly.
    - People quitting as soon as you go 2 or 3 nil up.

It's a video game, how can you get any enjoyment out of shlike that?

Had 2 or 3 of those matches too where they watched every replay, did the stupid dance, took full allocation of time on every kick off and kept pausing for the full amount of time.
    And then tried to waste time passing around.
    I won all 3 games though and it was so satisfying to beat them.
    Lost 1 or 2 though where they just passed it around after going ahead.
    How you can get enjoyment out of that is beyond me! I mean, I get slowing the game down in the last 5/10 mins, that’s fine, but yeah to just be passing backwards from 55 mins is crazy, I’d rather lose a couple of extra matches than win playing like that.
    Again, it’s so satisfying to beat those people but sometimes they get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Nothing more annoying then lads show boating, wasting time, etc. But no better feeling that scoring the winner against them haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Nothing more annoying then lads show boating, wasting time, etc. But no better feeling that scoring the winner against them haha

Had 1 game left yesterday to get a win to get Gold 3 again. I was 2-0 down by the 80th min, guy time wasting etc

Pulled it back and got the winner in the 93rd minute after intercepting a pass he was making while passing it around his defence.

Got to admit, I ear cupped, shushed and dabbed, I got a laugh out of it and I got a tonne of abuse after it aswell lol

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Unfortunately yeah you needed them all for Pedro.
    Your only hope would be to go on live chat and click missing content, submit a case that you missed out on the futswap player because the servers were down for hours yesterday and you missed your games. Just say you couldn’t play when they came back as you were working etc,

No idea if it’ll work but for the sake of a 10min live chat it’s worth a try.

Ah, thanks for the advice but for the sake of it, I'll probably leave it. He was a nice card to aim for when he wasn't much work but he probably would have become a bench player quickly anyway.

Tbh, the Jumbo Rare player pack sounds a bit more tempting anyway :P

Not picking up much in terms of IFs this week. Prices are still inflated cause of the POTM stuff. I got a few Van De Beeks on Friday but with Ronaldo bought, I'm just going to give consumables a whirl this week. Want to gather the coins for the special CL Cuadrado card by Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

cintec wrote: »
    Anyone trying to get pedro and doesn't want to miss out here is a list of all players, another player in squad battles this week.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/9ug8rz/sticky_thread_for_futswap/

****e. Missed that 48hr sbc. I really wanted that Pedro as well

****e. Missed that 48hr sbc. I really wanted that Pedro as well

No interest in Pedro. I already have CL Sterling and Potm Lucas and red Quaresma.
    Gonna get Antonio I think.

Also Rossie... I see 12 wins for you this weekend?
    Is that correct ? I thought you had more.

Yeah it just would have been nice to have POTM Lucas and Pedro at least for a while. Oh well, I've a ones to watch Mahrez but I want to sell that off Wednesday when he gets totw hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Nice to see weekend league extended. 20 games left to play :)

Hope they are all worse than me as I had terrible start.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

With Black Friday this week, will prices keep going down on players till Friday? Have already qualified for next WL and just want to upgrade in 1 or 2 positions for next weekend during the week

Got Szczesny from player pick. Have his last inform as well. Be useful for an SBC sometime I guess.

Sold most of my gold players off last week Kane, Sane, Eirksen, Matic, Van Dijk and D.Snachez.

I have a much weaker side now but I'm gonna give WL a go with it and see what sort of difference it makes to my final positioning.

My main aim is to have enough for a decent icon by the end of next week.

So I went from this team:

Allison, Aurier, D.Sanchez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Eirksen,Fred; potm Lucas,Kane, Sane

standard was around the 15-17 wins with this side.

to this team :

Allison, Aurier, Bailly, Luiz, EL Alonso; Herrera ,Fred, potm Lucas, Zaha, Anderson; Lacazette.

Although the team definitely felt worse I ended up with an identical record and finished with 14 wins with 2 games to spare..... The exact same as every other week. In truth I was unlucky not to get 1 or 2 more wins. I lost connection to EA servers while 2 up and in control and had a guy quit at 1-0 and not get the win, so that could and probably should have been 17 wins.

Are high rated gold players even worth it then? The matchmaking system seems to almost mean I'm stuck in this mid-table routine every weekend.

Short of becoming a sweaty bastard I'm not sure what I can do to improve short term.

Suppose that's how the game mode is designed though, I'm meant to have thoughts like "an Icon would make such a difference".

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ah, thanks for the advice but for the sake of it, I'll probably leave it. He was a nice card to aim for when he wasn't much work but he probably would have become a bench player quickly anyway.

Tbh, the Jumbo Rare player pack sounds a bit more tempting anyway :P

Not picking up much in terms of IFs this week. Prices are still inflated cause of the POTM stuff. I got a few Van De Beeks on Friday but with Ronaldo bought, I'm just going to give consumables a whirl this week. Want to gather the coins for the special CL Cuadrado card by Thursday evening.

Yeah the price of IFs seemed a bit high, the likes of sels was 12k where I’d usually get his type for 10-10.5.

Just picked up the 5 cheapest ones from this weeks totw.
    Last year for Black Friday promo they did a sbc for a 81+ totw player that required an IF if you wanted it as tradeable.
    I think it was repeatable but not 100%,if not, futmas will be beginning in a couple of weeks and IF’s will really be needed there.

I’ve also been stocking up on cheap ucl cards, got dozens for 800-1k of non rare ones, hoping that once the mkhitaryan sbc ends tomorrow the price of ucl rares drops a lot so I can stock up on a few of them.
    I’ve a feeling they’ll do something ucl related over Black Friday, but again, if not, they’ll be needed for the next phase of champions league matches anyway

Suppose that's how the game mode is designed though, I'm meant to have thoughts like "an Icon would make such a difference".

Now you get it.

Also Zola..my new fav icon. At ST (has to be with another ST) he's amazing. Stamina is no problem and he's 17 goals in 15 games for me (all online league).
    I never intended to get him seeing as I was gonna exploit the sbc but spending 900k to get his prime...zero regrets.
    I've tried KBD twice and he was excellent in a CAM role but more a workmanlike role..not a flair role like Zola.. Plus since I bought and sold him twice (that's 60k in EA tax I wasted).

Quick review from some guy on him and I can't argue with him at all.

• Advertisement

The Borussia Dortmund part of the sancho sbc costs about 6k (if you don’t already have the players) and you get a small rare gold players pack worth 25k for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Scrapped through my 17 wins after a **** start to the weekend I may if got 20 wins if I'd had Ronaldo and Socrates from the start but at least got my 2 player picks of four cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

What kind of drop would people expect for Messi I have 750k and I need to buy Messi, Isco and Courtois but I don't think all 3 will drop enough for me to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got Icardi from elite 2 squad battles and Khedira from the marquee matchups so can't complain there.

First game of the day and I intercept a backpass and race towards the keeper with ucl sane who I had just subbed on, his centre back manages to catch up just enough to clip sane's heel causing him to stumble into the keeper and of course no penalty.

I also had 3 free headers that all went over the bar no matter how little power or how far down I aimed them. I lost 3-2 :rolleyes: 13-10 now and will probably give up at gold 3 because not having decent centre backs is driving me mad.

cintec wrote: »
    What kind of drop would people expect for Messi I have 750k and I need to buy Messi, Isco and Courtois but I don't think all 3 will drop enough for me to get them.

Maybe 50k if even that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    Maybe 50k if even that.

Yeah agree last year the elites only dropped by 100k max mostly so I'd say with Messi been kinda low as it is he won't drop much further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Hogey007 wrote: »

Physical doesn't cut it for me, won't be doing it myself.

Oh lordy, will 100% be doing that. One of my favorite players of all time.

• Advertisement

If you're not doing Hernandez btw, check your club for Mexicans. The highest rated non-IF is an 82, then 4 81s. So basically, I'd imagine all Mexicans will shoot up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement