Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

guaranteed everyone else will get ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

That guy who leaks the totw every week on twitter is saying there’ll be a baby icon sbc tomorrow.

Will watch with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Was 15-5 and up 2-0 when my game crashed so decided to leave it there for the weekend.

Fancied my chances at gold 1 if I had time as one loss was 5-6 after 90 mins where I got one of my centre backs sent off in the third minute.

There's a mega pack for winning 15 online games and I got casemiro in mine :D
    Then inside the pack there was Ederson and some 82s.

I really hope there is a baby icon sbc as I have a good few high rated untradeables that I wouldn't mind swapping for a Zola although I doubt it'll happen since tomorrow at 6 should be the second Flashback player

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Was 15-5 and up 2-0 when my game crashed so decided to leave it there for the weekend.

Fancied my chances at gold 1 if I had time as one loss was 5-6 after 90 mins where I got one of my centre backs sent off in the third minute.

There's a mega pack for winning 15 online games and I got casemiro in mine :D
    Then inside the pack there was Ederson and some 82s.

I really hope there is a baby icon sbc as I have a good few high rated untradeables that I wouldn't mind swapping for a Zola although I doubt it'll happen since tomorrow at 6 should be the second Flashback player

Nice luck on the pack! Yeah the sturridge one finishes at 6 so probably straight into the other one then,
    Hope there’s no good flash sbc’s from 2-6 as I’ll be in work.

Can’t see the baby icon sbc happening either, would be pleasantly surprised if it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Planned on getting VVD today at some stage....thank **** I didn’t. Best pull this year for me, despite being untradeable.

2e4m8gp.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Played only few games in squad battles just to do some objectives and get fut swap card.

Packed David Silva. Better than all flash sbcs together :)

Very doubtful of baby icon. Prime icon pack 2 is expiring today so a lot reckon pack 4 is dropping today with some big names in it.
    Snapped up a few Iniestas at 30k.
    If Ronaldo or Henry etc drop today he’ll jump to max bin of 60k.
    Also Pjanic is nice and cheap too including his IF.

Bought 17 Iniestas between 28-30k.
    Be a nice profit if he hits max bin.
    There’s definitely big icons in pack 4

Got nothing in squad battles rewards but did get all tokens needed for Pedro. Don’t see him as a player who’ll stay in team but an area I needed improving on (potm Lucas)

Who knows, if he turns out to surprise me and be good it could save me doing potm sterling sbc if it was overpriced.

I was tempted to just get the 100k pack but pack weight seems so bad I reckon I’d have been delighted if I got an 86 or 87 rated player from the pack so why not just bank the 87 that was available to me.

If I’d put in all that effort over the last 3 weeks collecting these to get a rui Patricio I’d have been very annoyed, took Pedro for my sanity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Got pedro myself with a catalyst card he will get in my team on the right and then I can bring potm lucas when he gets tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Just bought 7 myself.

I changed de gea to basic. Still leaking goals. He can pull off some fantastic saves I'll give em that. But just feel I don't trust to save the ball enough. Might go back to lloris.

Jayo that best card is insane. He's either chipping in with a game or an assist a game.

David luiz may be one of the best CB I've used this year seems to win every header in the box.

• Advertisement

Just bought 7 myself.

I changed de gea to basic. Still leaking goals. He can pull off some fantastic saves I'll give em that. But just feel I don't trust to save the ball enough. Might go back to lloris.

Jayo that best card is insane. He's either chipping in with a game or an assist a game.

David luiz may be one of the best CB I've used this year seems to win every header in the box.

Luis isn’t good enough as a defender. You need Sanchez/ Vertoghen/De Vrij. De Gea can only do so much with a crap defense.
    I find him awesome. He’s saved me so many times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

De Yea is the best goalie I've played against this year, Courtois a close second.

Having someone like David Luiz in defence is always going to have you conceding. You'll struggle to win most matches with a crappy defence.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, talk me out of something here.

I really love Prime Zola. To the extent I can't forsee a short term future where I'm not using him.

He's currently selling for 950k.

The Prime Icon SBC is 770k (presuming I have to buy from scratch, which I don't).

So I'm getting tempted to sell my tradeable Zola, and get the untradeable version in, along with the packs that come with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Lord TSC wrote:

Lord TSC wrote:
    I really love Prime Zola. To the extent I can't forsee a short term future where I'm not using him.

Lord TSC wrote:
    He's currently selling for 950k.

Lord TSC wrote:
    The Prime Icon SBC is 770k (presuming I have to buy from scratch, which I don't).

Lord TSC wrote:
    So I'm getting tempted to sell my tradeable Zola, and get the untradeable version in, along with the packs that come with it.

Seems a no brainer if he's going to be a constant in your team.i did the same with rui costa last year

I'd wait incase the baby icon SBC drops tonight.

I personally wouldn't do it either. For 200k of a difference, I'd keep the tradable as he definitely won't be an all year player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lord TSC wrote: »

Wait and see what they offer tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Shag it put 300k into iniesta at 26k a card on ps4.

Go big or go home for me pretty happy with my team anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    Bought 17 Iniestas between 28-30k.
    Be a nice profit if he hits max bin.
    There’s definitely big icons in pack 4

Bought ten myself off the back of your logic, here's hoping, cheers!

Oooh, I forgot about the baby icon SBC rumours.

I can do all of the SBCs bar the icon one with what I have, so basically it's just the cost of a baby I need. Might sell off Zola now, and if the baby SBC drops, and is cheaper than 700k, I can do that instead of buying one straight.

I'm looking at it that I feel that "200k" difference would give me the coin boost to go after Best or someone like that as well. Basically, strengthen my overall team.

Also gonna switch out Varane for Godin. Varane is grand but I don't know if he's "100k better than Godin" good. Again, switching him out allows me to maybe switch Oblek out for Curtois as well.

You literally are making your team worse.
    Courtois is definitely better, I found oblak unusable he was that bad at everything.

Varane is 10 times the defender Godin is. He's only got value because of his rating.

• Advertisement

baby icon sbc will be a waste as usual.
    Most of our teams are all better than baby icons.
    Only good if you plan to use for a prime.
    I'm very doubtful they'll release a baby icon.
    Pack 2 has expired so pack 4 is due..I reckon it will have at least one of the following R9, Stoickhov, Henry or Maradonna.

Have 41 Jedvaj's up for sale and invested the rest in 9 Iniesta's.

Need the Jedvaj's to keep selling.... Selling at 17k after buying for 12.5k

RossieMan wrote: »
    You literally are making your team worse.
    Courtois is definitely better, I found oblak unusable he was that bad at everything.

Oblak was perfectly good for me this weekend. Calling him "unusable" is so extreme in hyperbole as to make me ignore the first part of your post saying I'm making the team worse.

I'm replacing Zola with Zola. (So evens)
    Oblak with Courtois. (improvement)
    Varane with Godin (decrease)
    But I have the gut ends of 300k extra now to try and dramatically increase the quality of my midfield and RB options, which really are where I felt my struggles were this week.

Replacing Varane with Godin, and replacing, for instance, Lucas with Baby Best, would be a massive net gain imo.

Did you not finish on 11 wins from 30 games?

Not trying to be cheeky, but that's anything but perfectly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I'm so torn by David luiz.

Some games I think he plays well and others I'm not sure.

I'm definitely leaking goals and Sanchez has been a great addition but I think I need to splash on and VVD beside him.

Luiz is untradeable so has lasted longer than he would have I think.

Also got Allison untradeable 86IF and don't like him at all

RossieMan wrote: »
    Did you not finish on 11 wins from 30 games?

Not trying to be cheeky, but that's anything but perfectly good.

Right

But my cb wasn’t the issue.

My midfield was.

Which is why I’m “downgrading” my CB a bit to improve my midfield options and my keeper as a bonus..

Do keep up.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Right

But my cb wasn’t the issue.

My midfield was.

Which is why I’m “downgrading” my CB a bit to improve my midfield options and my keeper as a bonus..

Do keep up.

What is your midfield now and how you used Kondogbia and Saul.

That use to be my midfield before I upgraded and I still sub on Saul every game.

Best isn't a midfielder. He's an attacking option. He won't let you hold the ball or stop attacks any better. If that's what you're after you'd be better going for makelele or someone better to help your defenders out.

Having a keeper who can save shots helps massively, can give you a massive boost of confidence when you know he'll get you out of a jam.

I couldn't care less what you do, only trying to help. Varane is the best gold CB on the game. It's why he holds his value so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

ImANoob08 wrote: »

Also got Allison untradeable 86IF and don't like him at all

I have the OTW version of him that I packed. His stop-stopping is great. However his tendency to punch addles me. It seems to vary game-to-game but in some games he'll punch everything - so much that I'm nearly expecting him to punch out the goal kicks.

• Advertisement

Another 3 goals for Zola saving my ass.
    I’d only consider trading him in for Henry/Stoickhov/R9.
    And only if the price wasn’t outrageous and only required one icon.
    Sturridge is complete muck beside him and is only a sub at most.
    Aub holds his own alright but Zola is the boss.

For Rossie..2 of Zola's goals in a game I just played plus the miss shows his movement in the box. Normally he would bury those.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement