Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

So got player picks of santi mina and santi cazorla both will do for SBC at some stage im sure

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wong wrote: »
    Yeah I need to find a way though I blew most of my budget last night on a Serie A team that I love so don't have much cash in the way of buying links for him right now which is a shame.

https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/2432527

Pretty much impossible unless you change formation a bit and put Matuidi in the middle to link him with Varane. Matuidi is the only useful French midfielder in Serie A anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

wonski wrote: »
    Pretty much impossible unless you change formation a bit and put Matuidi in the middle to link him with Varane. Matuidi is the only useful French midfielder in Serie A anyway.

Yeah absolutely no way he is getting in there. I can fit him into my low budget PL team though provided I switch out Ederson for Lloris. Don't love playing with that team though

Current team:

https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/2434060

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Quick Q, do the player picks we get from WL Rewards count as TOTW players in SBC's?

My team is Bundesliga based so I took Lukebakio over TAA and some lad I forget

With Bundesliga POTM up next week I am building up my TOTW Bundesliga players for the SBC's

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Quick Q, do the player picks we get from WL Rewards count as TOTW players in SBC's?

My team is Bundesliga based so I took Lukebakio over TAA and some lad I forget

With Bundesliga POTM up next week I am building up my TOTW Bundesliga players for the SBC's

I don't think so. I think that they usually count as "Special" cards but not "TOTW" cards. Latter in the year, they might change the criteria of SBCs to "TOTW or Special" (which then lets you use scream cards, etc, as well). But for now, TOTW means the black cards.

• Advertisement

wong wrote: »
    Yeah absolutely no way he is getting in there. I can fit him into my low budget PL team though provided I switch out Ederson for Lloris. Don't love playing with that team though

Current team:

https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/2434060

To be honest if it was me, I would just create one team out of two for a week and see how it goes.

Other option is to put blue Laporte in there instead of Sanchez, it is a bit of downgrade on one side, but will give you a chance to see how he plays on better than 6-7 chemistry.

But it's just me, haven't had a chance to use Varane this year, but he is rated as one of the best in the game. Always worth seeing how this improves your team.

yeah cheers man, I'll see how it goes. I might sell off some assets and upgrade the PL team.
    I always roll with two squads anyway so I have one for fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I don't think so. I think that they usually count as "Special" cards but not "TOTW" cards. Latter in the year, they might change the criteria of SBCs to "TOTW or Special" (which then lets you use scream cards, etc, as well). But for now, TOTW means the black cards.

That's a bit of a pain, still though, I have 4 TOTW to use for the Bundesliga POTM for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

wong wrote:
    yeah cheers man, I'll see how it goes. I might sell off some assets and upgrade the PL team. I always roll with two squads anyway so I have one for fitness.

A fitness squad really doesn't make any sense to use, it's just not economical to run it.

Nice if you can afford it and can win consistently with both teams though.

RossieMan wrote: »
    A fitness squad really doesn't make any sense to use, it's just not economical to run it.

Nice if you can afford it and can win consistently with both teams though.

Agree, for last two years I only run one team.
    I do have one separate containing completely random players for when I run out of fitness cards to play a game of squad battles etc to refresh my main team.

Not needed really, plenty of fitness cards available from free rivals and wl rewards, I usually play two games before applying them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

most of peoples teams here are worth well over 500k absolutely no sense in having 2 teams for fitness except at the very start when your team is worth 10k. fitness cards = 1k you would need to play 1000 games plus with the same 2 teams to make it worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

seamie78 wrote: »
    most of peoples teams here are worth well over 500k absolutely no sense in having 2 teams for fitness except at the very start when your team is worth 10k. fitness cards = 1k you would need to play 1000 games plus with the same 2 teams to make it worthwhile

My cheap pl fitness team plays much better than my expensive pl team so there's still a point in having one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cant win a game in rivals since the "update" cpu interceptions are insanely over the top

Toobz wrote: »
    My cheap pl fitness team plays much better than my expensive pl team so there's still a point in having one

Make another cheap one, then.

No point in having the expensive one in this case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'm mainly the same but if I'm just doing achievements or racking up rivals games for points I'll sometimes put together a second team to save on the fitness and actually get to use some of the special cards I don't normally use. MLS Piatti gets a lot of run outs in those games :pac:

Well I also do it because I like to use different squads. Gets pretty boring for me playing with the same team all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Noticed last last when playing rivals

Conceded around 8 goals and 3 of them were between the GK legs, seems to be happening since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

How long before the next update?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Noticed last last when playing rivals

Conceded around 8 goals and 3 of them were between the GK legs, seems to be happening since the update.

Didnt notice that but the interceptions are bonkers

My record since the update has been 7 wins and one loss...

I'm scoring for fun and to be honest the one I lost the guy was better than me.

Haven't had a bull**** game in a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

ImANoob08 wrote:

ImANoob08 wrote:

ImANoob08 wrote:

The 7 people who lost to you probably say different

The only thing I noticed lately is increase of pace whores teams. Conan in particular is killing me. Played few guys who were offside few times after goalkeeper kicked the ball.

Long ball, cross, you know the rest :)

Not sure if the update had anything to do with it tbh.

If it works it works. Can't blame the players for using tactics that work.

Frustrating all the same when you try to play quality football, though.

ImANoob08 wrote:

ImANoob08 wrote:

ImANoob08 wrote:

The 7 people who lost to you probably say different

Yeah but I'm not worried about them ha

Sorry not sorry.

Packed Kroos from 6 players pack. And Santi Mina.

Good packs today :)

The silver ones were ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Bailly IF just sold for 155k.

Having got van dijk SIF for 330k last Friday it means it only cost me 180k to upgrade bailly to van dijk. Not bad!

There has to be a shapeshift tomorrow so I can finally offload my shaqiri and veratti scream cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got Gold 3 last weekend.

First player pick pack - Alexander Arnold. I'm a Liverpool fan so delighted with that.

Didn't care if I got anything from the second and out walks 86 Thauvin :D:D

That's better than all my gold 2 picks put together.

Then to top it off I got 90 Oblak in one of my wl packs.

Just need another 100k to get Gerrard for a green link to Alexander-Arnold and I'll have most of my team looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

All my team nearly sold now and will buy back in about 2-3 weeks time when I get a chance to play.

Packed lewandoski

Should I sell or keep? Don't think I can get him into my team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Packed lewandoski

Should I sell or keep? Don't think I can get him into my team

sell sell sell sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

if you can't fit him in sell him.
    Fantastic striker in game though.