Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Do not buy baby icons. it's a disaster waiting to happen. They will plummet if a baby icon SBC drops, which it will at some stage.

Buy middle or primes, just my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Forgive my ignorance - I'm new to Ultimate Team and a complete novice at trading - but I have an IF Salah. I was thinking of selling him and buying Iniestas with the proceeds to try and make some coins. Is that crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

RossieMan wrote: »
    Do not buy baby icons. it's a disaster waiting to happen. They will plummet if a baby icon SBC drops, which it will at some stage.

Buy middle or primes, just my advice.

Could buy the middle/prime version in a few months or the baby version in a week or 2.

I think I know which I would prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Could buy the middle/prime version in a few months or the baby version in a week or 2.

I think I know which I would prefer.

Plus you get to pick it. With the baby icon sbc we'll all get Overmars or Klose.

Friday is not the day to play fut champs

Played 3 and all were full of prime icons.

Prime GK with the cap is unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Friday is not the day to play fut champs

Played 3 and all were full of prime icons.

Prime GK with the cap is unreal

FACT, im off work every second Friday for Xmas and usually play my WL for the day, some of the worst games ever, lads with teams costing millions, impossible to compete with half of them, still always scrape Silver 1 thankfully!

Played 2 won 2.
    First guy had Zola and Neymar etc..very strong team. Beat him off the park.
    Second guys team was pretty good as well but held out for 3-2 win.
    Working nights this weekend so if I got the 6 or 8 wins I'd be happy.
    More likely 6 as at most I'll get to play 10 games max this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

This is my team for this weekend league:
    teamgPNG.png

Start with a 4-3-2-1 and then change to that so everyone is on full chem except for Reus who I sub on.

If I had this team last week I'd fancy gold 1 no bother but I'm still getting used to the patch so I'll see how it goes.

Definitely need new center backs although van dijk and varane have shot up in price over the last week and a half.

Rossi IRL wrote:

That's not the point I'm making. You'll lose about 300k instantly as soon as the baby icon SBC drops. Baby icons, all the crappy ones at like 6-800k will crash. Just look at what happened to them last year for example.

RossieMan wrote: »
    That's not the point I'm making. You'll lose about 300k instantly as soon as the baby icon SBC drops. Baby icons, all the crappy ones at like 6-800k will crash. Just look at what happened to them last year for example.

Wouldnt the cost of the primes also drop then as the cost of the prime icon sbc would drop?

• Advertisement

No not really. It only depends what icon SBC is out at that time.

I personally wouldn't plan on having a baby icon for any extended period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

fut champs cup is streaming over on twitch for anyone interested. The speed these pros play with is mind boggling.

https://www.twitch.tv/easportsfifa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

What are the chances we'll see icon set 4 released today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wong wrote: »
    fut champs cup is streaming over on twitch for anyone interested. The speed these pros play with is mind boggling.

https://www.twitch.tv/easportsfifa

Also some packs are usually distributed just for watching it if you link accounts. Got some packs last year, no Icons, though.

I just got a free kit from watching it.

wong wrote: »
    I just got a free kit from watching it.

Tradeable I hope :)

It's a lottery, but it's free anyway.

Some players, I wonder what would be the score if I played against one of them. Double digits guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

wonski wrote: »
    Also some packs are usually distributed just for watching it if you link accounts. Got some packs last year, no Icons, though.

How do you know if you win something? Have it playing on the phone while im working

Prices of 84 cards went back to double profit territory.

Got few Albiols and Lacazette for 3k, and more at 3200-3500 (PS4).

Not too tempted with Iniesta at this moment.

200k left to invest, might buy some 85 cards and maybe 2 more Iniestas. The rest on 84's.
    Won't drop everything into just one card like Iniesta.

How do you know if you win something? Have it playing on the phone while im working

You just get it sent to your club. There is no prior notification or anything like this. Just get a message when you log on to the app or on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

You just get it sent to your club. There is no prior notification or anything like this. Just get a message when you log on to the app or on console.

how long do you need to be watching for?

• Advertisement

That I don't know. I just leave the stream on mute on the phone while doing other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

can you register for the weekend league late?

was ment to be away all weekend but looks like i may be able to play a good bit this weekend?

havent registered yet....

ImANoob08 wrote: »

was ment to be away all weekend but looks like i may be able to play a good bit this weekend?

Nope. But register early for next week so you can collect points for the next one straight away.

I forgot to do it this week somehow. Gonna stick to rivals. And maybe squad battles so at least I can get some rewards :)

Make sure you twitch account is linked to your EA account.

www.ea.com/twitchlinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

3-0 after my first 3.

First match was against a guy who had gerrard as well. I was 2-0 down after giving away a penalty and my defender randomly decided to stand 6 inches in front of my keeper so when the other guy took a shot it hit him and deflected in.
    Won 3-2 thanks to 2 goals and an assist from Gerrard.

Second match I won due to a 90th minute aids goal where I passed it between his centre back and keeper but none of them decided to go for it so I got a tap in from 3 yards.

Third match was down 2-0 inside 15 mins but won 4-3 due to another aids goal where his keeper went to pick the ball off the ground but ended up lying down and palming it to my striker :confused:
    While the last goal was awful I did deserve the win because he had been using constant pressure for 90 mins and got no end of lucky bounces before that.

First 3 games of wl with the new patch have been a bit random but I'd be raging if it hadn't benefited me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

ImANoob08 wrote: »

Nope. But register early for next week so you can collect points for the next one straight away.

I forgot to do it this week somehow. Gonna stick to rivals. And maybe squad battles so at least I can get some rewards :)

Thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah I might do that my only problem is I may not be able to play next weekend either and I'd just waste the points don't play enough mid week to get the 2000 together so been relying oñ a decent weekend league to get them

Only been two weekends before now that I've had the time to play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

For anyone still with FUT swap players, don’t forget to redeem them. I almost forgot and got a rare electrum pack and pulled this....my luck is unreal atm.
    4qpftg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Almost time for icon set 4 (hopefully)

2 new league SBCs up. Not BPL THOUGH.
    Scottish and Turkish

• Advertisement

Two new leagues up, Scotland and Turkey.

Also flashback Boateng.

No sign of icons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement