Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Just took the plunge and upgraded Lukaku to his IF version. Unbelievable difference! Cost of change was 90k so happy with that.

At last the team is doing the biz for me.

De Gea
    EL Alonso, SIF VVD, CL Sanchez, Walker
    Kante
    OTW Mahrez OTW Anderson
    IF Eriksen
    Aubamayang IF Lukaku

Have Aguero on the bench and he doesn't fit in to this set up.
    Have won 7 on the trot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Even tho I loved Socrates I was getting itchy to try baby pele ;)

Screenshot-20181204-004011.jpg

jayo26 wrote: »
    Even tho I loved Socrates I was getting itchy to try baby pele ;)

Any good?
    Didn’t like him in WC last year but I reckon since Zola is awesome this year Pele must be bloody awesome.

Blazer wrote: »
    Any good?
    Didn’t like him in WC last year but I reckon since Zola is awesome this year Pele must be bloody awesome.

Haven't played much with him and it's hard to judge because I was trying to draw games in weekend league so I wouldn't be promoted to division 2 I'll get a good feel for him next weekend.

World cup mode last year every player felt different so I wouldn't judge on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why don't you want to be promoted to division 2? The rewards are much better than div 3. Division 3 is broken, it's actually worse than 4 unless you can get rank 1 every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is David Silva any good as a CM? Noticed he is fairly cheap given his rating so I’m afraid there is a reason for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He is the cheapest 89 midfielder on the market. Given his league and nationality you know the answer.

Eriksen should me much better option, 3 times his price, though.
    I use DeBruyne and he is excellent for me. Not sure if 390k excellent, though.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why don't you want to be promoted to division 2? The rewards are much better than div 3. Division 3 is broken, it's actually worse than 4 unless you can get rank 1 every week.

Its just not worth it for me I'm easily making rank one of division 3 every week just by playing weekend league and getting about 6k points on the Thursday then all i have to do is get a few wins on Monday no hassels. To start grinding for rank 1 in division 2 doesn't appeal to me because I only take coins every week any way so no thanks.

wonski wrote: »
    He is the cheapest 89 midfielder on the market. Given his league and nationality you know the answer.

Eriksen should me much better option, 3 times his price, though.
    I use DeBruyne and he is excellent for me. Not sure if 390k excellent, though.
    Cheers for the reply. Couldn’t afford any alternatives so might have to chance him. Tempted to hold out until the league SBC in the hope there is an 86/87 mid there. One problem with PL is there are very few 84+ rated CMs which are affordable.

• Advertisement

No harm in trying him out now and sell later, possibly without loosing any money over it.

jayo26 wrote:
    Its just not worth it for me I'm easily making rank one of division 3 every week just by playing weekend league and getting about 6k points on the Thursday then all i have to do is get a few wins on Monday no hassels. To start grinding for rank 1 in division 2 doesn't appeal to me because I only take coins every week any way so no thanks.

I forgot you were one of those people. With the easy money you make on the transfer market, why does 50k seem good to you?

For example rank 3 in div 2 is 4 50k packs and 2 mega packs. I generally always make over 50k from the players regardless.

I forgot you were one of those people. With the easy money you make on the transfer market, why does 50k seem good to you?

For example rank 3 in div 2 is 4 50k packs and 2 mega packs. I generally always make over 50k from the players regardless.

Because I don't hang on to coins I spend them. I now have a grand total if 5k in my collection so over 100k between all rewards on thursday is ploughed straigh into fitness cards to get coins coming in again.

Different ways of looking at it but I prefer not gamble and get the coins working for my trading kitty.

Yea makes sense when you're good at trading I suppose.

Switched back on timed finishing for 2nd half of the match where I was 2-1 down just for the laugh.
    Easily ran out winning it but look at this timed finesse from Zola..way way OP

Looking back at it and playing with timed finishing the above is not an example of it. Its just a finesse shot as Rossie said :)
    I've been playing a few games with timed finishing on and god above its headwrecking.
    I just cannot force myself to do qte. I frakkin hate it and I find it takes away from the enjoyment of the game for me so its back off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Who's the best canter half for a prem team that's no VVD or Davidson Sanchez?

I have Sanchez and it would kill me to spend 170k on VVD but if you guys really think he's the real deal I'll do it....

I would say Vertonghen, I have used Van Dijk, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Azpilicueta and the likes of Laporte, Stones, etc. Van Dijk is the best as he is no slouch, strong, good in the air, good with the ball.

Sanchez is not comfortable with the ball at his feet but he is great at catching a striker who is through on goal. Vertonghen is brilliant in the air and scores a few from corners, good passing out from the back and good at intercepting/standing tackles, he is not as fast as the others but if you play him alongside Sanchez they will work well together.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Is David Silva any good as a CM? Noticed he is fairly cheap given his rating so I’m afraid there is a reason for that.

I use Silva in a midfield 3 in a free role, he is hit and miss to be honest. Great at dribbling but not the strongest or quickest so generally this is just to get out of tight spaces in midfield. I had Ozil before him and found Ozil was better at through balls but Silva better in almost every other aspect including much better defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I have Silva in cm of a 4312 with a hunter card on him and find him great to be honest

Blazer wrote:
    Switched back on timed finishing for 2nd half of the match where I was 2-1 down just for the laugh. Easily ran out winning it but look at this timed finesse from Zola..way way OP

You didn't even hit the timed finesse, no green or yellow, that's just a normal finesse!

Crazy goal, doesn't do anything like that for me. His finesse seems so much weaker than hazards. Can hit a nice power shot though!

You didn't even hit the timed finesse, no green or yellow, that's just a normal finesse!

Crazy goal, doesn't do anything like that for me. His finesse seems so much weaker than hazards. Can hit a nice power shot though!

Yeah for some reason that bar would only come up in the replay. Must do some arena practice with him.

I switched to 4-3-3(4) for the second half just for the laugh, normally i wouldn’t be shooting that far out with him but will definitely be doing it for rivals going forward.

As regards Zola he’s definitely capable of this all the time. I posted a review of him by Marshall and he was doing these shots with him at the drop of a hat.
    I think it’s just a matter of getting used to a player.
    POTMA Aub is only now starting to really really gel for me and he’s scoring more than a goal a game.
    With Zola beside him or behind the two of them are absolutely amazing.

Cheers for the recommendations. I was worried about his strength and pace so I will boost both those attributes. I play 433 with Demeble as CDM and Jorginho (who I like) and Gundogan at CM. Will be replacing Gundogan with Silva so should be a big upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Blazer wrote: »
    Switched back on timed finishing for 2nd half of the match where I was 2-1 down just for the laugh.
    Easily ran out winning it but look at this timed finesse from Zola..way way OP

What's the craic with the visuals? never saw those arrows before.

What's the craic with the visuals? never saw those arrows before.

That’s that trainer thing. The long one is for passing. I have it turned off in game and it only displays direction but for replays it’s shows the lot.

If you can, turn it off completely. It's so off putting and you'll learn alot more without it!

If you can, turn it off completely. It's so off putting and you'll learn alot more without it!

Do you even read my comments lol ?
    It shows in the replays but I have it turned off for everything bar a little arrow for direction in game

Actually I checked my settings and I had the timed finished turned on but the bar off so it was a timed finish.
    Not a perfect one but nevertheless it still went in :)

Where in the arena did you practice those Rossie?
    I’m not seeing them come up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

9 mil hit :D

2urrtyo.jpg

10 mil by New Years is the next target.

Can I give you my account for a week redzer? I only want about 3 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Can I give you my account for a week redzer? I only want about 3 million.

I could certainly give it a bash :pac: I'd probably need to take the week off work though and that sounds good to me :p

Sure the craic you'd have! Would be interesting to see if you can make the same money on pc with the same methods. I find it extremely difficult to get anything going.

Sniping is non existent on all the easy avenues.

Mine is at 2.5m, I don't spend much time doing this. Got lucky few times with packs, but first had to earn those packs and probably spent 1m on them anyway :)

Have 2 Lozano, 2 Alexander Arnold's, 30 french and Premier league 84's along with some Robbens and Iniestas in the trade pile now.

Can't wait to cash out on them soon.

• Advertisement

Mexican league pots sbc is up now. Two French players and min rating 84.

Payet and Lacazette, its your time to shine on the transfer list :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement