Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

5-4 really enjoying the games so far this weekend. I dont want to stop cause i know tomorrow will be **** again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just incase you missed it.. ... imanoob has 9 wins from 14 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jayo26 wrote: »

Was just looking for that post, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

9 from 14 isn't a bad start, you'll come up against very good players playing that much on a Friday.

They really have shafted anyone who doesn't buy FIFA points this year. The SBC packs have been massively disappointing. No packs worth any value as of yet this year. 45k packs being the best I think. And generally they're complete trash.

Hopefully FUTmas is ran a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

jayo26 wrote: »

Thanks jayo. Wasn't sure if everyone got it... Ha

On the phone so dunno what happened!

Also forgot to say if anyone is thinking of getting IF Allison don't. He's terrible I have him untradeable and I'm thinking of quick selling him ha

• Advertisement

2 games in a row was up 2 goals in 20 minutes and got destroyed in final minutes by guys who barely tried anything until the final 20.

Thunk it's time to change the tactic and let them ****ing play instead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I really donno why I sold dybala before he is unreal as soon as I took pele out of team and put in base dybala I start winning games easier again and now with his 90 card he is just unreal some of the passes and runs he makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Blazer wrote: »
    I'd hold tough on buying any icon until the next pack comes out.
    Primes could drop a good bit if someone like Ronaldo/Henry/Stoickhov drops.

They could but after seeing the tweet from the EA rep it could be ages before the next icon sbc comes out plus when it does I'd say they'd do one that doesn't require an icon to try and appease people.

Plus right on cue, Gerrard dropped about 60k once I said I might sell him and Del Piero rose about 60k so that'll have to wait :pac:

It's all meaningless conjecture anyway because I'm sure in my next pack I'll get cam Neymar and have 3 million to spend instead of the usual 3k worth of players I always get :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Was 8-1 in WL, could not believe it, best start ever and then it started, like flicking a switch, Defender blocks, Keeper saves, hitting the post numerous times in matches, opponent getting the ball from every deflection, and im now 8-7, think i'll keep my 8 wins now and bid WL farewell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Gyan84 wrote: »
    They could but after seeing the tweet from the EA rep it could be ages before the next icon sbc comes out plus when it does I'd say they'd do one that doesn't require an icon to try and appease people.

Plus right on cue, Gerrard dropped about 60k once I said I might sell him and Del Piero rose about 60k so that'll have to wait :pac:

It's all meaningless conjecture anyway because I'm sure in my next pack I'll get cam Neymar and have 3 million to spend instead of the usual 3k worth of players I always get :o

I must hold onto my Iniesta's then. The frakker is still dropping to 26k on pc for panic sellers but average is still around 30k.
    I just must stay strong and wait to cash in.
    In the meantime I'm gonna change either Matic or Fernandiho for 88 Keane.
    And sold my RTC Sanchez for 285k. Not bad considering I only bought him for 280k.

• Advertisement

Was 8-1 in WL, could not believe it, best start ever and then it started, like flicking a switch, Defender blocks, Keeper saves, hitting the post numerous times in matches, opponent getting the ball from every deflection, and im now 8-7, think i'll keep my 8 wins now and bid WL farewell

You have the same complaints every week. Might be time to change your formation of play style. WL is absolutely awful sometimes for the flicks, but a formation change can make the world of difference.

Played 3 games so far, first one my defender headed straight into the net from a nothing cross and the second all the flicks and bounces went against me. Managed to come from behind and win them though.

Third one the other guy got two tap ins in a row from insane deflections with prime hernandez. A kick off goal as well and I'm down 3-0 at half time. End up winning 4-3 thanks to a 85th minute first time volley from mbappe :D

10-3 now so still on track for gold 1.

Think I'll sell Gerrard and buy 90 Butragueno. Have potm Reus doing insane at cam and so having a 5 star weakfoot pacey striker up top with mbappe should work well.

I think guys we are in denial when it comes to Iniesta :)

By the time the sbc drops higher rated cards with better links will be better value.

I hope I am wrong.

Will Milner get a celebration card for his 500th game today?

I remember Gareth Barry got one but not sure if that was just 500 games or 500 PL games...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

6-12

Having one of those weekends where I ponder why I even bother. Every ball dropping wrong, no one making runs, passing going nowhere, shots going everywhere. Feels like the level of player has gone up to, and with it, the level of toxicity; long celebrations and dabbing, passing along the back line.

Going to leave it for the rest of today cause mentality I’m burned out from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Will Milner get a celebration card for his 500th game today?

I remember Gareth Barry got one but not sure if that was just 500 games or 500 PL games...

Milner got a record breaker card in fifa 18, can’t remember what it was for but def got one.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    6-12

Having one of those weekends where I ponder why I even bother. Every ball dropping wrong, no one making runs, passing going nowhere, shots going everywhere. Feels like the level of player has gone up to, and with it, the level of toxicity; long celebrations and dabbing, passing along the back line.

Going to leave it for the rest of today cause mentality I’m burned out from it.

What’s your overall team rating when you play? Do you stick 4 or 5 bronzes on the bench?

Hogey007 wrote: »
    What’s your overall team rating when you play? Do you stick 4 or 5 bronzes on the bench?

I sticked few in starting squad as well.

Didn't work :(

wonski wrote: »
    I sticked few in starting squad as well.

Didn't work :(

I try keep my overall rating to 183/184.

I pick the 3 players I know I want to sub on and use 48 rated players in the other 4 subs positions.
    I find I generally get paired with similar overall rating teams, sometimes I’ll get a 186,187 but if I do their level of play is usually not great.

If I go in with a 185/186 myself i find I get paired with similar teams and they can actually play.
    I know form is The biggest factor in determining your opponent but from personal experience I find bronze benching helps.

We could discuss it for ages, but apparently it worked in fifa 15, and since then it's more like in our heads than anything real.

I played almost, if not over, 1000 games in fifa 19 and was matched against all sort of teams whether I had 184 or 187.

My 2 cents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Milner got a record breaker card in fifa 18, can’t remember what it was for but def got one.

record assists in cl

One big point of note for anyone on the fence about getting SIF van dijk, I know it’s about 8 or 9 weeks away but when ratings get refreshed after January transfer window closes van dijk will get at least +1 if not +2 giving his form this season.

If his base card goes to 86 then each of his IF’s will get a +1 too meaning his SIF would be 88.

He’s already a beast as he is, 400k is a lot for a defender but giving how much coins we get from rewards this season it’s very feasible

One big point of note for anyone on the fence about getting SIF van dijk, I know it’s about 8 or 9 weeks away but when ratings get refreshed after January transfer window closes van dijk will get at least +1 if not +2 giving his form this season.

If his base card goes to 86 then each of his IF’s will get a +1 too meaning his SIF would be 88.

He’s already a beast as he is, 400k is a lot for a defender but giving how much coins we get from rewards this season it’s very feasible

Sold. I'll buy him after the weekend ha

Suppose same could be said about my IF Allison and If Arnold?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nah. I agree with the idea that's more of a mental thing, as are the bulk of my issues today, no doubt. I think it's the type of game where your frame of mind plays a big role in things, and thinking you've got a little advantage like that can actually give you one.

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Suppose same could be said about my IF Allison and If Arnold?

Don’t think either of them will. The criteria they used last year was that if your base card equalled or better the first IF after upgrade then the upgrade applied to IF’s.

While Arnold will get an upgrade, his base card is only 78 versus his IF at 82 so he’d have to get a +4. Unlikely I’d imagine.
    While Alison has been good i wouldn’t be sure he’ll get upgraded to 86, but maybe.

Off the top of my head, sterling and mahrez would be other examples from prem who should get IF boosts.

It is ages away though so wouldn’t be getting caught up in this yet, was more saying it as an added bonus for anyone like yourself who was unsure about van dijk

90 Salah coming next week for his hat trick today I'd imagine.

Wouldn't mind that for Christmas.

Was down by 2 in my next game and came back to win again. 11-3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

7-9 so far. Guna leave it at that and try the rest tomorrow. Conciding stupid goals today.

Went 9 from 14 last night.

Today I'm 10 from 19....

Love this game...

• Advertisement

That makes sense, to be honest. Your first 15 games are the easiest. Gets harder the more you play.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement