Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Anyone do the POTM SBC. Is he worth it? Card looks great.

I got him and use him as a super sub. He has low stamina so won't last a full game. But coming on as sub late on he just runs players ragged which is exactly what you want. He scored 4 games in 2 for me as just a sub :)
    Also chemistry is calculated differently for subs this year.
    No longer is it a direct like for like.
    Each sub gets a default chem of 5 which is multiplied by your teams overall chem etc so they don't receive the full boost.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/09/27/fifa-19-fut-chemistry/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Second Gundogan today, near 10k profit :D

GnAkvLf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ok so im up to rank 1st in div.6 since last night, is that as far as i go til next friday?

Still winning the majority of matches but its a lot harder, feeling like previous fifas i played where im averaging between 10-12 shots on target a game but only scoring 2-3 goals, while my opponent is scoring the same with far less shots, luckily Sturridge is a goal machine for me in and around the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ok so im up to rank 1st in div.6 since last night, is that as far as i go til next friday?

Still winning the majority of matches but its a lot harder, feeling like previous fifas i played where im averaging between 10-12 shots on target a game but only scoring 2-3 goals, while my opponent is scoring the same with far less shots, luckily Sturridge is a goal machine for me in and around the box.

Yeah you get your new division every Thursday morning so you just need to play enough to keep yourself ranked one for the prizes but also keeping your skill points high enough to stay in promotion territory or to even get passed 1600 skip points will get you into division 4.

Did anyone get musa after? He is crazy good for me I love bringing him on at 45 minutes he tears all the defenders apart this early into the new game most defenders are slow he destroys them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Div 5 for me and I feel the same. Winning mostly and rank 1 last time I checked, but finding it hard to convert chances right now. Another thing I noticed is that either scripting has been ramped way up this year, or some players are just really good with the new tactics system. About five or six times now I’ve gone 2 or 3 nil up and ended up suffering through late comebacks, often drawing or losing from those positions.

I can’t seem to win a match by more than one goal either, yet when I lose, it’s usually by multiple goals. That might be my own failings coming into play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

martyos121 wrote: »
    Div 5 for me and I feel the same. Winning mostly and rank 1 last time I checked, but finding it hard to convert chances right now. Another thing I noticed is that either scripting has been ramped way up this year, or some players are just really good with the new tactics system. About five or six times now I’ve gone 2 or 3 nil up and ended up suffering through late comebacks, often drawing or losing from those positions.

I can’t seem to win a match by more than one goal either, yet when I lose, it’s usually by multiple goals. That might be my own failings coming into play though.

Im just finding opposition keepers are unbeatable the majority of the time, finesse, full power, it dont matter, they can save it, also the chances that the opposition get are from misplaced passes or deflections from tackles when im in their half and they break, i keep my full backs back but they are way upfield when im counter attacked, still winning games but its definitely harder then during the trial.

Anyone see good value in any OTW cards yet? I’m on PS4 so the market might be slightly different, but just looking for opinions.

Dembele, Golovin and Malcom look like good investments but I don’t know how effective they are in-game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone see good value in any OTW cards yet? I’m on PS4 so the market might be slightly different, but just looking for opinions.

Dembele, Golovin and Malcom look like good investments but I don’t know how effective they are in-game.

Richarlison could be good, I was using his regular card up until I packed mane and found him good for his rating/price.
    If he were to get an in form or 2 his otw could become very valuable.
    (Word of note: I thought the same with deolefeu last year and he never actually got an inform over the whole season, barring injury, I’d expect richarlison to though)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lucas card price starting to rise again on pc.
    I was snapping them up all morning for 6k and selling for 8k and its now starting to climb higher.
    Have 300k now to play around with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Same problem as well this year where my full backs are basically midfielders.... set them to stay back while attacking and even a defensive tactic but they’re still in midfield. Keep conceding because of it.

Same problem as well this year where my full backs are basically midfielders.... set them to stay back while attacking and even a defensive tactic but they’re still in midfield. Keep conceding because of it.

Hmm, not just me then. Have definitely noticed that, and I'm using default tactics. Full backs keep getting pulled into the center.

Same with me. But on the flip side I play a 4-3-3 and the number of times my wingers have acres of space is unreal. A through ball down the channels and I’m often in or 2 v 1 on last defender

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Doesn’t help that I’m ****e at defending this year as well, so I’m conceding 9 times out of 10 in those situations.

Today has been so much fun....

TpIu004.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'm have a blast playing 424 on attacking and just trying to outscore the opposition.

FUT Rivals means if I lose I still get some progress so I don't mind at all losing.

Also Pjanic is a super sub, off the bench most games and scores from CM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote: »

how brain dead are people on PS?
    those prices make no sense for Xhaka especially.

RossieMan wrote: »
    how brain dead are people on PS?
    those prices make no sense for Xhaka especially.

That's Xbox.

Prices still make no sense, but my bank balance ain't complaining :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bought 5x Sturridge for 1.7-1.8.

Just for fun. Let's see if money can be made this way.

wonski wrote: »

Two things...

Set a timer or keep an eye on it, but relist, relist, relist.

And secondly, I have 100 cards in my pile and get 2 or 3 sales a cycle. It will be slower with only 5 cards.

But start out and try out some stuff. Experience is only generated through experimentation :)

Next cycle

Keita restocked at 9k, Rose at 2700.
    A0gKJ3w.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That literally makes no sense. Are you putting different positions or Chem styles on them? Why are people buying them? I don't understand fifa anymore.

Lord TSC wrote: »

TpIu004.png

I’ve made some nice profit from flipping cesc like you posted earlier, buying for 4500 and selling between 7 & 9k, cheers.

wonski wrote: »

The thing with trading is you either go all in our not :) I list 100 consumable cards I'll sell 20 per hour it's the same with players your looking at a hit rate depending on your profit from each card but you won't sell as much with 4 or 5.

That literally makes no sense. Are you putting different positions or Chem styles on them? Why are people buying them? I don't understand fifa anymore.

People buy them because they dont research prices its how trading has always worked. Tsc puts up enough to fill the first window so someone flicks along all same price so buys one.

Not changing a thing.

I do note that the Keita there has a chem style but thats how I bought him; I literally just buy and relist seconds latter. I do know some people do position changes on IFs and stuff, but I'm not.

I can only presume it's utterly lazy buyers who don't look very hard for the best deal. They just go "Yeah, that looks right" and pays the coins. More coins than sense, really.

It used to work even better back when coin selling was more prominent; the more coins people have, the more they just throw them away. So I'm hoping with the increased Divisions rewards, this keeps going strong this year :)

No sales that cycle :(

jayo26 wrote: »
    People buy them because they dont research prices its how trading has always worked. Tsc puts up enough to fill the first window so someone flicks along all same price so buys one.

I've actually not even been bothering with that technique this year, at least with non-IFs. I only have 1 Keita, 1 Ozil....any player that costs me more than 5000 coins, I'm only getting one of. So I have about 60 different players in my TP, and any that double up are because I've had a few sales and am investing a bit heavier in.

Going for the scattergun approach and it's working :D

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Anyone any bargain recommendations for la liga?

Team at moment I swapped in martial for upfront he is pretty decent and use seri in midfield again I haven't found a better midfielder and Fred was sold when his price went up.

Screenshot_20180929-211543.jpg

Bought about 50 Ziyechs for 700 each by mass bidding over the last day or so. He’s 82 rated so it’s just a matter of time before a suitable SBC pops up and he quick sells for double that amount.

Either way, I won’t lose anything on him at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

jayo26 wrote: »
    Team at moment I swapped in martial for upfront he is pretty decent and use seri in midfield again I haven't found a better midfielder and Fred was sold when his price went up.

Jaysus 500k Jayo, have you tried Matic?

He is fairly good for me in my rotation team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement