Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭Guffy

Turned on Xbox. First game matched. Opponants team comes up, 9 icons and 2 ucl fulbacks. Fúck. Win 3-0. Id be dangerous if i could trade into a good team :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    Same as myself jonny, we are the scrubs of the forum.:D
    I am starting to get a bit better. I really haven't really put enough consistent time into it - so others are better suited to help - but this is what I found helped.
    Keep your defenders intact as much as possible and wait for mistakes (in fact using the AI contain for defending is sometimes the way to go).
    Take care when passing - passing with a weak foot when facing the wrong way will lead to stray passes.
    Change the camera set-up to see more of the field.
    Look at David Meylers set up video posted a while back - goes into changes for custom tactics a bit.
    Don't let Flashback Sturridge shoot with his right foot. Ever.

Yeah in fairness I'm only losing out by one maybe 2 goals at worst now compared to 8 or 9 haha
    I have changed my tactics etc around and had a look at a few bits but every team I play are far better built so I'm going to have to start spending to improve my first 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Finished that Kroos sbc. Spent 50k on it, was hoping to get something back from packs. How wrong I was :)

Still cheapest 91 player I could get for 50k, the rest were untradeables so would use them for some sbc sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Still 1-1 so far, keeping it tight at the back n that.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Still 1-1 so far, keeping it tight at the back n that.

Still a chance of 29 wins, well done you.

You could be in top 100 by the end of the week.

It's Saturday BTW ;)

• Advertisement

Friend of mine just packed 88 Pique if from Kroos sbc.

Checked the price, 56k...

56k for if 88 Spanish from LaLiga, that's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

wonski wrote: »
    Still a chance of 29 wins, well done you.

You could be in top 100 by the end of the week.

It's Saturday BTW ;)

Is Sunday up this end of the country, all day too! Still 1-1, holding firm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Did Tony Kroos because he was so cheap I'll never use him apart from an sbc sometime in future......

Prime gold player pack out pips this little beauty

20181209-100620.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, well I got Skirtel.

Who really got the more useful player, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

3 wins needed from five games this morning.

Win the first 4-0 and the guy quits the second 5-1 down at half time.

Team is flying playing some serious ball.

Then EA decides nah **** this next three games my team can't string a pass together. Lose all three.

I'm all for getting beat by a better player but the way the form mechanic works in this game is so ****ing stupid and wouldn't be accepted in any other game.

Imagine playing COD and your top of the leader board for a few games in a row then because your playing well in the next game you start with less health or your gun does less damage. It's totally ridiculous.

If they put me up again players of a similar skill level that's fine but don't make my POTM AUBU miss an open goal from two yards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Anyone have neymar I have played 50 games+ with messi and I don't really like him I was thinking of selling and getting neymar.

Never worried about playing against messi unless he's a cm, fecking hate playin Neymar if the opponant knows how to use him

Yeah neymar is far better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

9-16

Don’t know if I’ll get the final five games payed, nor if I can be bothered. Not having fun this weekend at all. The wins I’m getting are Grindy messes too,and I’ve thrown away several leads too. Had one game where I went 4-0 up and 5en let in six goals, five from bloody Giroud corners my defenders ran away from ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

This is my current team I play 4-1-2-1-2 wide with messi as a st I could fit neymar in by getting marcelo and moving cassimero to cam I won't have the coins to get messi back if I make the change because of tax.
    myteam.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

About 30k short of Prime RVN

Ain't playing another game until I get him. It was between him, prime Kluivert or 90 Bergkamp but the United past swung it in favour of RVN.

Anyone ever use him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

cintec wrote: »
    Anyone have neymar I have played 50 games+ with messi and I don't really like him I was thinking of selling and getting neymar.

Have his if untradable. He can go missing for a few games but if you know how to use skills your golden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    About 30k short of Prime RVN

Ain't playing another game until I get him. It was between him, prime Kluivert or 90 Bergkamp but the United past swung it in favour of RVN.

Anyone ever use him?

That's my dream icon as well. I know he won't be the best one to get but he's my all time favourite United player. Hope he does the business for ya.

That's my dream icon as well. I know he won't be the best one to get but he's my all time favourite United player. Hope he does the business for ya.

Hope so too, will have to drop SBC Depay into CAM even though he has been great for me aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

After entering the wl when it clearly said “next competition starts in 6 days 23 hours - redeem now” but then entered me in this weeks competition I managed to squeeze in the games.

Most frustrating wl by far, partly because I didn’t want to enter and partly because I played a lot of games hungover today and then finished on 13 wins! 1 short of 2 player picks

2nd last game the lag was atrocious, I was 1 up and the delay between pressing the button and action being taken was almost unplayable, stuck it out, 1-0 in injury time, 2 mins to be added on, he wins the ball back in his own box on 92:30 and it lets him carry on up the field and inevitably score and then win in extra time.
    I know it lets the clock go when you’re in the final third but never seen it allow play to continue when you’re deep in your own half. Between the lag and that it was very annoying.

Def not playing next weekend, finding it too much of a chore at the moment rather than enjoying it. Come back a bit fresher the following week.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    After entering the wl when it clearly said “next competition starts in 6 days 23 hours - redeem now” but then entered me in this weeks competition I managed to squeeze in the games.

Most frustrating wl by far, partly because I didn’t want to enter and partly because I played a lot of games hungover today and then finished on 13 wins! 1 short of 2 player picks

2nd last game the lag was atrocious, I was 1 up and the delay between pressing the button and action being taken was almost unplayable, stuck it out, 1-0 in injury time, 2 mins to be added on, he wins the ball back in his own box on 92:30 and it lets him carry on up the field and inevitably score and then win in extra time.
    I know it lets the clock go when you’re in the final third but never seen it allow play to continue when you’re deep in your own half. Between the lag and that it was very annoying.

Def not playing next weekend, finding it too much of a chore at the moment rather than enjoying it. Come back a bit fresher the following week.

I'm taking a break for a few weeks I think after that weekend league same as yourself found it a chore.

Going to sell up trade and play some mindless cod

Found this weekend to be bad gamewise, not enjoying atall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Lost my last match 4-3 in extra time. I had 17 shots and he had 5. Two of his goals were red timed finesse shots. He spent the entire second half passing around the back and any time I intercepted his terrible passing my player would take a touch just poor enough to let his usain bolt center back get the ball.

Not to mention the usual ****e: standing tackled him at least twice prior to each of his goal yet the ball bounces back to him because it won't let me switch to my the player right next to the loose ball so I have to chase after it with the player I tackled with.

I'm destroying him with Del Piero but once I go 2-0 up the shots start hitting the post or he takes a random ****e touch and a red finesse and a corner later and its 2-2.

His defenders turn into stretch armstrong to block but my ai randomly slide tackle to make sure the red finesse goes in.

Like a lot of ye I'm definitely not playing next week. Just going to try and get one more win for Gold 2 since this week's totw should be good.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Found this weekend to be bad gamewise, not enjoying atall

Complete opposite for me. There were 2 or 3 games that i felt like wtf but on a whole they found that the players did wat i asked for the most part which was a nice change

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I'm taking a break for a few weeks I think after that weekend league same as yourself found it a chore.

Going to sell up trade and play some mindless cod

Yeah I think when we’re at the point that it’s a chore it’s best to take a breather.
    Don’t get me wrong, I really like the format of it this year, but having only missed 1 weekend league all season I’ve def played way too much.
    I find I’m skipping things like the gym on a Saturday morning to get in an extra few games....with all the turkey and beer (mostly beer) coming over next couple of weeks I can’t afford to be missing the gym to sit on the couch :D

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I find I’m skipping things like the gym on a Saturday morning to get in an extra few games....with all the turkey and beer (mostly beer) coming over next couple of weeks I can’t afford to be missing the gym to sit on the couch :D

Exactly the same as myself skipped the pool to play and I'm only coming back from an injury so can't afford to skip the pool work!

Was to settle on 11, ended up on 12-16, so have no choice but to try to win 2 in 2.

Was hoping I will lose the last game so won't have to do it :)

This week had plenty of terrible games with people playing anti football and clearly refusing to do anything on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I gave up on 8 wins with 10 games left. Was beginning to get annoyed with some of goals I conceded were just ridiculous. May have to rethink a few players.

I started off with 1 win in 5 on Friday put dybala back in and mathaus went and got 15 out of the next 20 need 1 more for 17 with 5 games left but might not get chance later I'm not too concerned anyway just playing for the fun more then anything.

Screenshot-20181209-171908.jpg

I know some will say you should be doing better with that team but I don't think it's much advantage when you seem to be coming up against equally as good squads and more often them not they are even better I'm just enjoying playing with the team now I've never had one worth this much currently over 6 million and im not even going to worry about price crashes now because most of the players will hold a good enough value until tots comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's weird playing weekend league and not being able to see when your opponent hits a timed finesse. Not sure I like that update. It's handy for moving the keeper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement