Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Worst weekend yet. Got gold 3 but it took me 21 games. Painful. Hate having to play most of my games on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just got Mbappe from a pack. That’s enough for Best to pair up with Prime Zola and Keane :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Went to the cinema, came back, thought **** it, let's get the last 2 wins from 5 games.

Won two on the bounce. So got my usual 11 wins. Doesn't matter if I have a good week or a bad week. 11 wins.

Used this Frankenstein of a team. Really like Pogba's strength in that central CAM.

EpkbrAi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Went to the cinema, came back, thought **** it, let's get the last 2 wins from 5 games.

Won two on the bounce. So got my usual 11 wins. Doesn't matter if I have a good week or a bad week. 11 wins.

Used this Frankenstein of a team. Really like Pogba's strength in that central CAM.
    [/IMG]

That's not a bad team mate plenty of colour in it but most of the workrates are all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmca77

Something going on with Rashford, selling for nearly full price. Just made a killing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Ended up winning 3 games in a row so would get gold 1 if I won my last match.

It goes into extra time and he scores a red finesse shot with mbappe and gets the softest penalty with neymar that goes under my keeper's arm to win by 2 goals.

His red finesse from outside the box goes in but my 5 green finesse shots in extra time hit the post or get saved by Ederson :rolleyes:

Didn't even get a player rated higher than 81 in the sbcs. :(

At least Del Piero is good though. 13 wl games 19 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

dmca77 wrote: »
    Something going on with Rashford, selling for nearly full price. Just made a killing.

Needed for the new sbc i reckon,spanish defenders prices are crazy too at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Dozyart wrote: »
    Needed for the new sbc i reckon,spanish defenders prices are crazy too at the minute.

Rashford could be getting an inform which is probably why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Rashford could be getting an inform which is probably why.

no, its the SBC. English LM/RMS are useful, but not necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

RossieMan wrote: »
    no, its the SBC. English LM/RMS are useful, but not necessary.

Which means people are not too clever if they use Rashford for the sbc...

When they see what pack they are getting maybe they will understand :)

• Advertisement

Walkout Naldo and blue Allan card.

Not too bad.

Now to win 2 out of 2 to get my 14 wins :)

wonski wrote: »
    Walkout Naldo and blue Allan card.

Not too bad.

Now to win 2 out of 2 to get my 14 wins :)

Allan is decent I played him for over 200 games.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Allan is decent I played him for over 200 games.

Somehow, despite playing Serie a now, I haven't tried him yet.

Put Kroos for few games earlier on 5 chemistry, and won 3 out of 4 fut champions games. His passing was good, probably loosing out a bit due to chemistry, but he is decent.

Always nice to have 91 card in the team anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Was having a little look for potential investments and came back to my old reliable Jorginho.

I picked up about 30 of him between 3.4 and 3.8 on bid.

Reasons why
    1. There should be at least 1 if not 2 more totgs sbc’s before Friday. We saw with the Europa League ones how they like premier league players (mkhitaryan & Alonso) any prem player could see Jorginho rise to about 6k as with the mkhitaryan and Alonso sbcs)
    2. With Italian nationality he could also get a rise if an Italian player gets a totgs and it requires Italian players like the Kroos one does with Germans.
    3. Sterling potm sbc is out Friday, if no sbc’s have come out by then he should get a small increase here anyway.
    4. If we’re still stuck with him, futmas starts Friday, as soon as a good premier league player appears, we can get rid of Jorginho then.

For similar reasons I’ve also picked up
    12 x lacazette at 3.6 on bid
    10 x Bernardo Silva at 3.6 on bid (could also be needed for a city team in sterling sbc)
    8 x mkhitaryan at 3.4 on bid
    6 x Alison at 8.0 on bid (cheapest 85 from premier league and if it does anything for sterlings previous club in sbc he’s a high rated Liverpool player)

wonski wrote: »
    Somehow, despite playing Serie a now, I haven't tried him yet.

Put Kroos for few games earlier on 5 chemistry, and won 3 out of 4 fut champions games. His passing was good, probably loosing out a bit due to chemistry, but he is decent.

Always nice to have 91 card in the team anyway :)

Allans pace and stamina mixed with interceptions are a winner for me he is a good all rounder just lacking height.

Well Keane’s card is true to form.
    With only one red card in about 500 games Keane gets sent off in his second match. Back on the pile for you .

From 9-15 to 14-16 :)

Last game was a full drama with him scoring a goal in 85th minute and me scoring 2 minutes later a winner :)

He just had one shot in first half and leading 2-0 I thought its gonna be an easy one. It wasn't. Fight till last second.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

First time doing the weekend league, christ it’s some slog, finished 14-14. Anybody else keep hitting the woodwork 2 or 3 times every game?

First time doing the weekend league, christ it’s some slog, finished 14-14. Anybody else keep hitting the woodwork 2 or 3 times every game?

It's perfectly normal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmca77

I am looking for some help, this year is the first I played Fifa since 1999. I mainly play rivals and squad battles, don’t think I am ready for weekend league.
    I have made quite a bit from wheeling and dealing.
    I am struggling to win a game in rivals, I can go to division 5 then lose 10 games on the bounce if not more.
    I have good players like if hazard, Ronaldo, Salah, Robertson, Van Djk, Sterling all if etc.
    What tatics do you guys use, constant pressure etc?

• Advertisement

Tactics aren't really that important to be honest if you can't get a grasp on the gameplay. It's trival really, as balanced everything is just as good if it suits your play style. People here followed a david Meyler video for some reason, YouTube is a good place to look as you'll almost definitely find someone who plays similar to you.

dmca77 wrote: »
    I am looking for some help, this year is the first I played Fifa since 1999. I mainly play rivals and squad battles, don’t think I am ready for weekend league.
    I have made quite a bit from wheeling and dealing.
    I am struggling to win a game in rivals, I can go to division 5 then lose 10 games on the bounce if not more.
    I have good players like if hazard, Ronaldo, Salah, Robertson, Van Djk, Sterling all if etc.
    What tatics do you guys use, constant pressure etc?

There's a good David MEyler video back a few pages...use the tactics and this.
    Every single person with the exception of Rossie here :) has found it very useful.
    Otherwise just plenty of practise is what it takes...

To be fair I am with Rossie on this. I have changed a lot and sometimes just go back to default by deleting the squad and building a new one without any tweaks.

Player instructions can vary from one formation to another and just because some excellent player says it should work for other formation, it does not always work. Even work rates of your players can mess it up.

If you play 41212 you just can't use the same instruction for 433. Similarly if for any reason you play 3 at the back your rm/LM need to cover the backs more than ever.

Some players require a bit of skill to get the best out of them. Especially the wingers (unless you keep passing long balls to them).

Just find a formation that will suit you, and the results will come.

For defensive or ultra defensive you might want to instruct your lb/rb or cm to stay back, but it might or might not work, depending on their work rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Packed Messi ToTGS from the Kroos sbc,never packed anything near a card like that before :eek::D

and I've never been as careful dividing up the pack to quicksell etc,double checked everything!

Dozyart wrote: »
    Packed Messi ToTGS from the Kroos sbc,never packed anything near a card like that before :eek::D

and I've never been as careful dividing up the pack to quicksell etc,double checked everything!

Nice one bud that's great stuff. Any players you always wanted to use and could never afford?

Bought baby best and he’s awesome.
    But I have potm Lucas and CL Sterling so selling him again and will trade.
    Think I overpaid for him though.reckom I’m gonna lose 50k plus tax on the prick.
    Definitely gonna buy 87 Van Dijk.
    I notice a big difference between Sanchez’s base card and his 86 card in defense.

Blazer wrote: »
    Bought baby best and he’s awesome.
    But I have potm Lucas and CL Sterling so selling him again and will trade.
    Think I overpaid for him though.reckom I’m gonna lose 50k plus tax on the prick.
    Definitely gonna buy 87 Van Dijk.
    I notice a big difference between Sanchez’s base card and his 86 card in defense.

Never ever buy a icon without studying price for a couple days there is such a shortage if them on the market a they could easily jump up for a few 100k but never sell at that price.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Never ever buy a icon without studying price for a couple days there is such a shortage if them on the market a they could easily jump up for a few 100k but never sell at that price.

Yeah I jumped the gun but I can take the hit really. I’ve about 2.5m so no fear of me. Until i fritter it all away :)

Blazer wrote: »
    Yeah I jumped the gun but I can take the hit really. I’ve about 2.5m so no fear of me. Until i fritter it all away :)

Ah I know what you mean I did same with totgs dybala Friday I knew his price would drop.

• Advertisement

Pre patch Meyler tactics worked for some. Now, they'll cause you to leak goals on the 2nd half when your players have no stamina left.

It's depends what you classify work, everyone has different play styles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement